c h a p t e r | e l e v e n

I woke up to the sun blinding me. I squinted against it.
Um.
Where am I? Oh yeah that's right. John's place. I open my eyes completely to see John already awake. Staring at me .
"Do you know the time?" I ask sleepily.

"Like 1:00." he says, his voice lased with sleep.

"My Uncle's going to kill me. How late did we fall asleep?" I asked.

"Pretty late." He smirked.

I punched him.

"Best night of my life, but I have to get going." I said gathering my things.

"Do you have toooo?" he wined.

"Yes and pray for me. My Uncle might have not of left for work."

"Did you even see him last night?" he asked.

"I was a little preoccupied John." I said now ready to leave.

"Alright. Give me a second I'll walk you out."

I waited for him to look presentable, and he grabbed my hand and we walked down stairs.

His house was cute. Not too big or small. Perfectly comfortable. It made me long for my own home. I mean, I love living with my Uncle. But I have my own life.

He pecked me on the lips. "See you soon?" he asked.

"Very soon." I replied. "Remember. Pray for me." I giggled and started my trek home. John lived surprisingly closer then I thought, near where the ball took place last night. That's most likely why his letters arrived at my house so fast.

Once I reached that gravel and walked up to the front door, I tiptoed in. Just in case my Uncle was home, I very quietly walked upstairs and into my room. There, I picked out an outfit and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. I showered peacefully and put on my dress.

I was almost positive no one was home

I was almost positive no one was home. I mean, he would of heard the shower going right? I ran a brush through my hair and opened the door. Just to see Washington standing outside of it with his arms crossed.
"Where were you last night?" He asked.
"The ball... weren't you there?" I replied.
"I couldn't make it, I was busy. Where did you stay over night?" He interrogated.
"John's House."
"John Laurens?" He asked.
"The one and only." I replied and sighed. "And I know you're going to find out eventually, so I should tell you now."
He waited.
"We are dating."
"What!?" He yelled.
"Yes. He's a wonderful guy and I think I am old enough to make my own decisions."
"So you slept over with the guy you are dating."
"Yes, problem!?" I asked getting annoyed.
"Big problem!" He replied.
"You are not my father! Don't you have something better to do then to interrogate me?"
"Actually I do." He huffed and stormed to his office, slamming the door.
I cannot believe that he is being so over protective. He should know I'm old enough to make decisions. I wish Martha was here. She would stick up for me. Not having anything else to do, I walked to my room and laid on my bed.
(A/N: Thanks so much for over 100 reads!)