c h a p t e r | t h i r t y f i v e

(A/N: sorry not sorry ^^ AND ALEX DIED 213 YRS AGO TODAY OML)

Brielle's POV

We arrived back at the camp where the soldiers resided. The camp held white tents scattered around and training areas in certain sections filled with dummies to practice combat.

I rode with my Uncle on his horse, Alex and Eliza on my right on another horse, and Lafayette and John on my left. Hercules was in the back. (A/N: had to keep Herc from the horses ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As our horse galloped and the troops marched back, I faded in and out of consciousness. The pain, loss of blood, and exhaustion catching up to me. I saw my father catch nervous glances at me.

But I was awake when we arrived. Tired, but alive.

My father rushed me to the medic tent, Eliza and Alex following, and Lafayette was helping John catch up.

They laid me down on a bed, my father above me in tears.

"It's okay dad, I'm fine I'm home." I whispered.

He kissed my cheek.

"I was so worried, you have no idea Brielle. I don't know what would have happened if we never rescued you. I'm forever thankful to Laurens." He said, holding my hand.

"Where's John?" I asked.

And at that moment John and Laf stumbled in, and John rushed to my side, scattering my face with kisses.

"Bri, oh my god, love your okay. You're alive thank god! I love you so much." He cried.

"I love you too, go you need to be treated."

And so he was sat in a bed next to me, medics asking him questions.

Then the medics that were treating my came back with stitching material and alcohol.

I cringed at the sight.

"Alright this is going to hurt." One medic said.

I nodded, squeezing my dad's hand.

They poured the alcohol over the wound in my leg. I screamed in pain, tears threatening to fall.

John's head shot up at the sound of my screams, but the medics ushered him down for I was okay.

I breathed heavily as they started stitching it up, the pain overwhelming me.

So much, to where I blacked out before they can move on to my next cut.

(A/N: filler chapter sorry fam)