c h a p t e r | t h i r t y s e v e n

Brielle's POV

I woke up for the second time that day this time being woken up by John, slightly nudging me.

"Come on love, we're going to be leaving soon."

I opened your eyes.

"Mkay" I mumbled, half asleep.

I still hadn't completely caught up on sleep, having lost most of it for a week. I was drained.

John picked me up bridal style, me wanting to just fall asleep in his arms.

But I was taken to my dad's tent. Eliza, Alex, Herc, and Lafayette already waiting there.

John set me down, steading me. It hurt my leg to walk.

"Brielle!" Hercules said and ran over engulfing me in a hug.

"Ow." I say, wincing. He immediately lets go.

"Easier next time!" John scolded, standing protectively closer to me.

Herc smiled sheepishly.

I sat down next to John, saying hello to Laf, Alex and Eliza who were all looking at me worriedly.

"Bri, do you want to start. Tell us what happened when you answered the door at the Schuyler residence?"

"Sure." I mumble. John took my hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

And so the next hour and a half was spent me explaining how I was taken, Eliza butting in frequently filling in her parts.

Then she explained how she got taken, making sure everyone understood.

And then I talked about the cell then Eliza arriving.

And then the torture.

Eliza explained they took her away after visiting King George and could hear my screams.

I looked to all my friends faces and sighed, telling them how the redcoat who referred to me as 'kitten' dragged the knife across by body my King George watched.

I was in tears by the end of my story, all my friends looking at me sympathetically.

John looked like he was going to murder someone, and my dad looked like he was going to cry.

"Thanks Brielle." My dad said, voice cracking. "I know it was hard, I'm sorry this happened."

I nodded.

Eliza got up suddenly and motioned for me to follow her outside the tent.

I followed her, wincing on the way but thankful for the fresh air.

"What do you need 'Liza?" I asked.

"Nothing you looked like you needed air."

I smiled at that.

"Thanks."

And then there was silence, just a moment of taking everything in. This entire last two weeks or so.

"We've been through so much now." I broke the silence, Eliza nodded.

"Anything can happen. I mean we were dragged into a war!" Eliza laughs.

I brought her in for a hug. And when we released everyone else was walking out of the tent.

John stood by my side and took my hand.

"Time to go home?" Alexander asked.

"Time to go home." My father replied.

(A/N: short chapter sorry)