Chapter:2

I got up did my usual routine and went to school. My brother didn't have to go. He got to sleep in. My test scores are going to be sent to my parents today after me taking the test yesterday.

I got to the class and all five of the guys were standing around the board. One of them spotted me and stepped aside, Garret from the Crystal Moon pack. He let me look at the scores too. I scanned the paper seeing my score on top. "Congrats." He said from behind me.

I'm not as dumb as I thought I was. "Your another step to being an alpha." Garret said. "Never hurts to try and do your best before you know if your going to be one." I said.

"What do you mean by if?" He asked. "My brother is back." I said. His mate came up behind him and wrapped her arms around him. As the day wore on a two more of us six alphas found our mates. The Lunas of their packs. Now four out of six have mates.

"So is it true that your brother is home?" Harris asked. He's from the Midnight pack right next to ours. "Yeah. Maybe I can get him to come for a visit during lunch tomorrow before the whole alpha thing tomorrow night." I said.

"Your nervous about it aren't ya?" Aaron said. "Yup. You know Matthew and I have been wanting the same title." I said. "What? I'm competitive with my sister." Matthew said sitting down next to me.

"And as annoying as everything." I said. "Thank you sis." He said. "So why are you here?" I asked him. He set a brown bag of food on the table. "Oh my gosh your awesome!" I said getting into the Burger King bag.

"Your favorite." He said looking behind him. "What?" I asked him. "Nothing just thought I smelled something." He said as he got his lunch out. He turned his head around once more.

"Matt. That's the second time." I said. "Thought I smelled it again." He said. "What does it smell like?" I asked him. "I'll be right back." He said jumping up. I watched as he went out of the cafeteria after a group of girls had left.

"What was that about?" Garret asked. "No clue." I answered. After school Matt picked me up from school also watching for that group of girls. "What do you think it is?" I asked. "Mate." He growled as the group came out.

I watched as he walked over to the group. The omega that was forced to tag along with them went up to him. I knew he was saying a few things to her. He then pulled his phone out apparently getting her number as well as her getting his.

He then kissed her forehead before having to jog back over to me. "Did you invite her to tomorrow night?" I asked him. "Yeah. But she said she didn't know if she could come because of her alpha." He said. "Which pack?" I asked. "Crystal Moon." He answered. "That's Garret's pack!" I exclaimed.

"He may let her since she's my mate." He said as we pulled up to the barrier. The two guards on patrol came out of hiding. They let us through and up to the house. We got out. "So are you going to tell mom?" I asked.

"Yeah. Just don't say anything until dinner will ya? Or else I'm going to hurt you." He said. "Will do." I said winking. "So what pack did mom and dad decide for the ceremony tomorrow night?" He asked.

"I don't know their coming tonight. All I know is that it's the alpha, beta, and one other." I said. As we reached the porch mom's beta came out as a truck pulled up.

I stopped when the doors opened. "Leah?" There was an amazing scent in the air. It smelled like fresh rain and leather. Something I never thought would smell good. After the beta said his greeting he welcomed them into the house. They'll be staying in the guest apartment next to the beta apartment.

I locked eyes on the last guy. I assume the first is the alpha, second is beta, and third is one of the trusted pack members. He also stopped once reaching the porch. Matthew introduced himself to the alpha and beta.

The guy standing in front of me looked worn and rugged like he was use to working in blazing weather. "Leah." Matthew called me. "One second." I called back. "Mom would like. To. Talk. To. You." He said coming out of the house and seeing the guy and I. He then went back into the house closing the door behind him.

"I'm Boone." He said introducing himself. "Leah." I said. "It's nice to meet you." He said. I was blushing. He took my hand opening the door for me. He then let me in before he did.

I led the way to the elevator and pushed the top button. I could feel his nervousness. I moved my hand from his to the crook of his elbow. I looked down at our feet. He was wearing western boots next to my tennis shoes. He kissed my temple. An obvious act that he wanted me.

Once it stopped I stayed on his arm until we got to the alpha's apartment. I unlocked the door with my thumbprint and entered with him behind me. His alpha and beta were already inside talking to mom and dad along with the beta.

Matthew came in with tea and set the glasses down on the coffee table. "And this is our doctor and veterinarian Boone Reynolds." I barely heard what his alpha said his position was. I moved his arm to around me. He kissed my forehead.

"And this is my daughter Leah. Tomorrow night is when her and Matthew find out who is going to be the alpha of the pack." Mom said. "Leah." "Yes mom?" I asked. "Could you go down to my office and get the book?" She asked me. I nodded before letting go of Boone's arm before going down to the office.

I found the book in its hidden place and returned up to the apartment. I gave it to my mom before sitting on the floor. Our aunt and uncle then came in. Matthew got into the floor with me.

When dinner was ready I got up off the floor and almost fell back down. I luckily caught myself and stood up. Boone took my hand. I led him to a seat next to me. He was kind of uneasy still. The beta from his pack took the seat next to him.

I kissed his cheek trying to reassure him. As we ate I kept brushing his leg with mine. Once done I refilled my glass before going out onto the balcony. The door opened then closed. I knew it was him from his wonderful scent.

He sat down next to me and put his arm around me. I set my glass on the table and curled up to him. He kissed my temple. I reached up kissing his cheek.

"How was your day?" He asked. "Good. Yours?" I asked him. "Boring. Sat in a car all day waiting to be here." He said. "Are you glad you got to go?" I asked him. He looked down at me. "I got to meet an amazing girl that I get to finally stop looking for to make me complete." He said. Then captured my lips.