Chapter 15

I felt Zayn's arm tight around me. "I shouldn't have let you come" He murmured.

"WHO'S OUT HERE?!" The harsh voice demanded again..."Stupid kids" it mumbled and then the door closed.

I breathed for the first time since he had come out. "I'm sorry" Zayn whispered kissing my temple.

"Not your fault" I replied

"HA! GOT YOU!!" He hadn't gone in, just pretended. And with that there was a bang, blood seeping through skin.

"NO!" I shouted

"That'll teach you, get off my property" The voice commanded.

"Get through the window" Zayn ordered. "Get the stuff and get to the car, I'll be right there" And then, with a bullet in his chest and blood pouring, he jumped down.

I can't leave him...?

I followed his orders climbing into the house and running to the front bedroom. Posters everywhere.

There was a suitcase under the bed, I pulled it out and pushed loads of clothes in, the two converse boxes, loads of shoes, I grabbed everything I could, shoving it in.

The room was pretty bare when I was done. I grabbed the suitcase and ran downstairs.

I looked to the back garden, two people fighting, one my Zayn.

I ran to Kayleigh's car where they were waiting. "Take her, get out of here" I ordered loading the suitcase.

"What about you?" Kayleigh asked.

"He shot Zayn, I'm going back in. Zayn's car is here, I'll be back as soon as possible." I said.

"I'm not leaving you" Kayleigh whispered

"You don't have a choice...GO!" I shouted.

"Niall.." Rachel said softly,

"KAYLEIGH, JUST GET HER TO THE APARTMENT, GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND TELL LIAM WHAT HAPPENED, EVERYTHING! NO ONE BUT LIAM, OK?!"

I shouted slamming the door.

Kayleigh nodded and I ran back to the house. Someone was on the floor, bleeding and whimpering. And it wasn't Kayleigh's dad. he was over towering over with a satisfied smirk.

The gun was on the ground, I scooped it up. held it far away from me, made sure I had a good grip, cocked it and fired. Of course I didn't have any experience, but the bullet went in none the less, no where dangerous enough to kill, but enough to make him incapable to stop me running forward and scooping an unconscious Zayn into my arms.

I ran to the car, placing him in the passenger seat. Buckling him in. "You'll be ok, you have to" I said climbing into the drivers side.

There was a groan, he was still breathing. Thank god.

I drove to the hospital, all my thoughts on him.

I grabbed him in my arms again and ran in. "I HAVE A GUN SHOT VICTIM!" I shouted, No idea what to do. I had never been here.

"Name?" A nurse asked.

"Zayn Jawaad Malik" Another replied. "I'll take him, he's here every other day."

"I'm coming, wherever you take him" I said sternly.

"You Niall?" she asked and I looked at her shocked.

"Zayn was talking about you, once when he came to have stitches removed calling you…a lot of bad name and when I was stitching him up the other day. Come on, room two" She said and I walked in following her.