Chapter 18

I lay in Zayn's arms. We had to go to the hospital to check his wound.  

He still hadn't woken up though, and his appointment is in an hour, I just dont want to wake him up. 

I decided it was time to wake him up and pressed my lips to his softly. 

Unresponsive! 

I put my lips next to his ear.  

"Zayn, wake up" I whispered.  

He shuddered slightly before tightening his grip on me an murmuring something incoherent. 

"Zayn, wake up" I repeated nibbling on his ear. 

He groaned softly and whispered "hmmm...dont stop"  

Still unconscious. 

I moved my lips to his neck, sucking on his soft spot. 

"Sarah, don't stop" he murrmered. 

I untangled us softly, tears swelling in my eyes. "he's dreaming of someone else?" I whispered sadly. 

"No, it was his revenge for being woken up so early, no matter how sweetly" Zayn murrmered eyes still closed. 

"twat, I thought you didnt love me" I sniffed wiping my eyes. 

"well I do, now I'm sleeping...shhhhhhh" 

I giggled at him. Freak! 

"you have an appointment, up now!" I ordered.  

He groaned and sat up.  

"do I have to go?" he complained. 

"of course. You were shot, what kind of boyfriend would let you not go to your appointment?" I said with a small smile. 

"one that really loves me?" He asked hopefully. 

"I really love you baby" I whispered kissing him. "but you are going!"  

I helped him get ready and went to the hospital. He seemed to know all the staff, but with the amount of fights he gets into im not surprised. 

I climbed into the passenger seat now fully dressed he was definitely not pleased to be awake at eight am on a Saturday but he'll have to get over it though.  

He pulled into the car park and climbed out. I did the same and ran to him. Clinging onto his arm as we walked. 

My phone rang just as he was called into the room.  

"I'll come in in about five minutes" i said looking at my mother's picture flashing on screen. 

"you better" he said walking into the appointment room. 

I answered and jogged outside. "Hey mum" I smiled 

"It's Greg" my brothers voice came through tear filled.  

"What's going on?" I said, worry filling my voice  

"Mum is...she was in a... accident. She was going to work, and she was hit by a car." All I could do was cry. I dropped to the floor and curled up. 

"Is she...?" I trailed off unable to say that 

"no but...we don't have the money for the operation and...to continue sending you to that school. " 

"I dont care." I said "call them right now." I sobbed. 

Then I heard his voice and heavy footsteps. The voice that made everything better. 

"Niall? Baby!? What happened?" Zayn's voice shouted, picking me up and holding me into his chest. 

"Keep your phone with you, I'll call you later" Greg said and the beep signaling the call was disconnected sounded. 

"Do you need a doctor?" Zayn panicked. I managed to shake my head. 

"Can we go somewhere? Just us!" I managed to sob out. 

"anywhere!" He said jogging over to the car. 

He climbed in keeping me on his lap. "This is illegal" I said trying to get off as he started the engine. 

"I dont care." he replied kissing me and tightening his grip on me. 

The car roared to life and I relaxed into his chest. 

We ended up at a cliff overlooking a river. 

He climbed out, me still in his arms and he climbed onto the hood of the car. 

I lay next to him my head on his chest. "I'm leaving." I said finally breaking the silence. 

"Like...breaking up with me?" Zayn sputtered. Sitting up, my head fell onto his lap 

"no, like going home to Ireland" we were silent for what felt like an eternity. 

"Why?" He finally spoke braking the silence. He was crying...? Seeing him cry hurt me. An ache in my heart that I couldn't explain.  

"My mum is in hospital. We cant pay for the school, and the surgery " I cried softly . 

"I'll pay for it" he said hopefully. 

"I cant let you" I said through more tears  

"Do you want to leave me?" He sas tears flowed. 

I sat up and kissed his cheek. "No, I love you!" I protested kissing his lips once. 

"and I love you, so let me pay" He whispered kissing me.  

"I love you" I repeated "I love you so much" I kissed him "but I can't let you do that" I said 

"But..." I put my hand up to silence him 

"can we just lie here, please?" I asked and he didn't try speakingg again. He just held me close and sang to me softly.  

It was dark when my phone rang. I answered and was told the time of my flight. 6 pm tomorrow. I had less then twenty four hours.  

"Lets go" Zayn whispered standing up.  

"Where?" I asked sliding off the car.  

"well, I'm thinking Nandos, since it's your favourite. Then we are going to see a movie, you can choose. Then we are kicking Harry our of our room and we are going to curl up and just very with another. Nothing else." I smiled at him.  

"Lets go" I smiled.