chapter 24

It had been twelve hours since he left.

I hadn't moved from my curled up position on the bed

Taylor was sat with my head on her lap as she comforted me.

She had been playing with a strand of hair and whispering to me how he would come back.

She didn't know what happened.

She also didn't know he wouldn't call

He wouldn't text

He wouldn't come back

He wouldn't bother...we have already learnt that.

"I think I'm going to go see my mum" I croaked pulling on one of Zayn's tops I had brought over from London.

It still smell him on it as I pulled on jeans and a snapback.

I ran off not bothered that Taylor was still sat on my bed.

I called a taxi and when it arrived climbed in. "the hospital please" I said softly.

I sat listening to the radio as we drove silently...That's when I saw it

A black sports car, wrecked on the side of the road.

An ambulance crew trying to get an olive skinned boy with raven black hair out...I didn't even think.

"STOP THE CAR!" I ordered and undid my seat belt and jumped out of the still moving car.

"Zayn..." I cried ignoring the police mans calls that I couldn't cross.

I slid next to him "Zayn" I repeated. He was conscious and groaning in pain as he lost  more and more blood.

"Niall..." He whimpered "I'm sorry...I just hope...hope you'll forgive me even if I'm not here to make it up to you" He said softly.

"Zayn. I forgive you, but you will be here to make it up to me...promise" I said letting the tears fall.

"IF I don't make....Then...Niall I'm tired" He murmured closing his eyes.

"He needs to stay awake" The paramedic ordered as they finally got him out of the wrecked car and onto the gurney.

"Stay awake baby, it'll be fine just keep your eyes opened" His heavy eyelids fluttered open and he looked annoyed that he had to open them.

"Tired Niall" He repeated as the put him in the ambulance. I climbed in next to him.

"We'll sleep soon, promise..until then stay awake. Lets talk, about what happened?" I said thinking of the first topic he might be interested in.

"I'm sorry...I'm a jealous prick" He said his voice weak.

"It's OK...I love you for you, jealousy and all."

"His heart is dropping" The paramedic shouted at another.

"I love you too, Kiss me?" He asked with tired brown eyes looking at me,

I pressed my lips to his and winced as I felt the rough scratch on his lips. He kissed back weakly and I liked kissing him when I could feel his heart increase.

This was the second time I had had prove that I effected him as much as he effected me.

I liked knowing he was just as much like a helpless school girl as me.

"I love you" I told him, He didn't open his eyes. "Zayn, stay awake" I said worried chewing on my lip anxiously.

"Can't...tired" He murmured eyes still closed.

"No, stay awake and..." I breathed deeply "I'll come back to London, I'll enroll in a public school and get an apartment and we can still see each other all the time and..." His eyes opened...those Hazely brown eyes I lost myself in.

"Promise?" He croaked.

"Promise" I repeated carresing his cheek.

"But I'm really tired" He was basically asleep with his eyes open he was that tired.

"Please...not for long, you can sleep soon baby" I whispered fixing his messy hair.

"Ok...I'll stay awake" He whispered even though his voice was thick with weakness and sleep.

"Good boy" I smiled at him. Every now and then as we sat there my hand would drop his to caress a part of him or fix his hair. Or I would kiss him, and every few minutes I would ask questions that required simple answers to check he was still awake.

We reached the hospital and he was rushed into surgery. I sat on the plastic chairs, my knees against my chest and my feet on the chair as I sobbed hopelessly into my chest. They were stricter here, they wouldn't even let me in the gallery.

I stood up once again and walked to the coffee machine, I got my fifth hot chocolatte and glanced at the OR doors once again.

On the door in big red letters were the words 'Authorised personal only' in red.

I walked closer to them, just as a doctor walked out.

"Cindy Prescot?" He shouted and for the third time my heart sank.

A young girl with mousy brown hair tied into a messy bun, and bangs that framed her face walked out.

She had those hair net things they had to wear in her hand and threw it into a bin. She looked pale and had deep purple bags under her eyes. "Third shift in two days" She murmered to a passing man.

"The car keys are in my locker for when you manage to escape" He replied walking off.

"Love you" She shouted to him.

"Love you too" He shouted back, he sounded welsh...not Irish but she was definetly irish.

"Who's here for...Zayn Malik?" She asked looking around.

It was the fastest I have ever moved as I ran to her.

"Is he ok? Tell me he's ok? When can he leave? He has to be back in London? Will He need any medication? Is he going to be ok? It didn't effect the wound from the gun shot right? we were told he had to be careful around that for two months? Wi.." She cut me off quickly.

"I think you should sit down for this" She said softly jsut as Lou and Harry ran in.

"NIALL" Harry called running to me.

"Nialler, he'll be fine" Lou said pulling me into his arms.

I just replied the words in my head 'You should sit down for this'

He's gone...