Discovery and assessment.

Naruto, Tenzin, Oliss, and a few others went outside. They all wanted to see Naruto fight, in order to figure out if he was a bender or not.

Tenzin had them all line up. "I have decided who will fight our newcomer, Naruto Uzuamki." He gestured toward Naruto, who stood there, smiled, and waved.

A kid raised his hand.

"Yes, Meelo?" Tenzin said.

"Why is he wearing such weird clothes?" Meelo asked.

Naruto lost his smile, and scowled at Meelo.

"I don't know. Maybe you should ask him sometime." Tenzin told Meelo. "Now then, I have chosen Jinora, as she will most likely be the only one to hold back."

Jinora stepped forward. "Hey dad? I didn't sense any spiritual energy coming off of him. I don't think he can bend the elements."

Tenzin answered, "Nevertheless, we should assess his skill anyway."

Jinora then stepped onto the flat concrete arena, and faced Naruto.

Naruto just stood there awkwardly. "But... she's just a little girl. I can't fight a little girl."

Jinora frowned. "I'm 16."

Naruto gasped. "What?! I thought you were like, 12! I'm 16! You're so much smaller!"

Jinora kept her frown. "Being shorter doesn't change someone's ability."

Naruto scratched his head. "Uh, I guess so."

"Begin!" Tenzin shouted.

Immediately Jinora threw a gust of air at Naruto, knocking him to the ground.

"Hey!" Naruto exclaimed.

"That was for calling me short." She informed him.

Naruto jumped back onto his feet. He put his fingers together. "Alright! Shadow clone jutsu!"

Ten clones appeared next to Naruto. They all got into battle stances.

Everyone gasped and appeared shocked.

Naruto stopped and looked around at everyone. "What? Did I do something wrong? Am I not allowed to use shadow clones?"

Everyone but Ikki stared in awe at Naruto's clones. "I told you Jinora!" Ikki shouted at her.

Naruto stood there awkwardly, waiting for something to happen.

"What is this?" Tenzin asked.

Naruto looked at him. "You guys don't know what the shadow clone jutsu is either?"

"Jinora, I thought you said you couldn't sense energy coming off of him!" Tenzin exclaimed. "How can he do this?"

"I didn't sense anything! He's not a spirit, and he's not a bender." Jinora was stumped.

"I'm a Shinobi."  Naruto said. "You know, of the Village Hidden in the - you know what, never mind. No one knows anyway." Naruto pouted.

The clones were all looking around at everyone. "Hey, so um... when is the fight gonna continue?" On of them asked.

"They can talk?" An airbender questioned.

"Uh, yeah." Naruto said. "They can do everything that I can do."

The airbenders began to get onto the battle arena and inspect the clones.

Naruto's clones were a little skeptical at all the kid's poking and talking. They swarmed the ten clones and began to ask all sorts of questions.

"Is this real?"

"Can you feel this?" *poke*

"How do you know which is real?"

"Can you all dance?"

That comment caught a clone by surprise.

"Alright, enough!" Tenzin shouted at them. The airbenders all backed away. Tenzin stepped onto the concrete. He put his left hand under his chin, and his right went and inspected the clones.

"Fascinating." Tenzin said. "Where did you come from?"

Naruto rolled his eyes. "I already said like, a thousand times. The Hidden Leaf Village."

Naruto released the shadow clone jutsu, and all the clones popped into white smoke, and blew away.

Naruto crossed his arms. "I can't believe none of you know where that is. I'm supposed to see the Raikage soon, Kakashi said. Do you know a Raikage?"

"Sorry no." Jinora reported.

Tenzin walked up to Naruto. "We need to go to the ancient monks of the spirit world. Maybe they can explain your origins."

Tenzin grabbed Naruto by the right arm, and began pulling him to the bay.