Naruto's 'great' idea.

Naruto was absorbing nature energy slightly slower than he would've wanted. After all, he was captured, and needed a way out. If in doubt, use sage mode right?

And that's what he was at least trying to do.

The only problem was if a guard or someone on the enemy's side showed up while he was gathering it. He would have to respond to them, and acknowledge their presence, which would interrupt his nature energy gathering.

He was about halfway done gathering energy, when he heard the door begin to open.

'Really man?' Naruto thought as the door opened more, until it being fully open, a guard stepped in.

The guard nodded toward Naruto, shut the door slowly, and then faced Naruto.

Naruto waited for the man to say something but he didn't. He just stood there, watching him.

Of course! Watching him! That was why he was in here. To keep watch and make sure that Naruto couldn't go into sage mode.

'Well that makes everything harder...' He thought to himself. He began pondering on what to do.

The guard poked his side with the flat end of a spear. "Hey. You're not allowed to stay still."

Naruto glared at the man. "Why not?"

The man planted the flat part of his spear on the ground. "Because then you can go into that mode. And that's not permitted here."

Naruto rolled his eyes. "Fine."

Silence filled the room, as neither Naruto, nor the guard said anything for a good five minutes. Just, uncomfortable staring.

Naruto suddenly got an idea. He shifted his legs back and forth.

The guard noticed this, and looked him over. "What are you doing?"

Naruto grimaced in his best acting, and shifted more, and faster.

The guard growled. "I asked you a question! Now answer! What are you doing?!"

"I gotta go!" Naruto stated.

The guard seemed confused. "Go? Go where?"

Naruto kept shifting. "To the bathroom idiot! There's this thing I gotta do in there!" Naruto kept up his mediocre acting. 'This should fool him.' He thought.

The guard shook his head. "Not gonna let you leave. No matter what. If you really do need to go, then go."

Naruto gasped. "You MONSTER."

The guard shrugged. "It's my job to watch over you. Not let you leave because of some lame excuse, and terrible acting."

Naruto sighed. "You got me."

The guard stomped his spear victoriously.

They again stood there in awkward silence for another five minutes until...

Naruto bit his lower lip. "Oh crap."

The guard looked at him. "What is it?"

Naruto moved his waist around. "Something bad is about to happen. I suggest you leave for this..."

The guard shook his head; somewhat irritated. "I already said that I won't leave! Nothing will ever make me-"

Suddenly, a loud squeak was heard from Naruto.

The guard stopped speaking, and slowly cocked his head in the direction of where it came from.

And all too soon, the guard was hit with the most potent, pungent odor known to man. His eyes widened dramatically, and he stumbled back. "What. Is. That?!"

Naruto winced. "That's what I warned you about. Oh crap... here comes another!"

The guard shook his head. "No amount of money is worth this!" He stumbled to the door, and once he had opened it, ran out and slammed it shut.

Naruto smiled. "Even if it was kinda nasty, it worked. Like Kiba in the Chunin exams."

And once more, Naruto began drawing in nature energy until...

He opened his eyes, and went full-on sage mode.