Chapter twenty four

The chilly breeze ferociously keeps playing with the veil wrapped round her head as she walks down the path leading to her home,one can only hear the merry pitter patter of her foot,she looks vibrant,she is happy.

Life has been good to her for the past few years.She learned moving on,she embraced her marriage life and put all her best to make it a very happy one and the outcome is something worth being joyful for.

"Welcome Ma'am" The Maid said when she entered her home.

"Thank you" She smiled giving the maid the paper bag she came back with.

Going up the stairs seems so cumbersome to Safaa so she walked to her studio and set to work.It's been four years since they relocated to Australia.After settling for a while,she went back to school,Her husband made her realise she's way too creative and she needed to explore it so she opted for fashion designing.He is a well known businessman in Sydney so after graduating a lot of firms offered to work with her.

And because Ahmad always gives her what she wants,she declined all and set her own firm.

Her parents and grandparents now live in Katsina too and when she goes back to Nigeria she stays with them.Hajiya Turai has never loved her and the fact that Salman's wife is already with a second child made matters worst.Both Ahmad and Safaa never let that affect their happiness or marriage and it always irks Hajiya Turai more.

Though it usually disturbs Safaa whenever she recalls how her mother In law rubs it to her face and harasses her because of it.Safaa believes that the problem is from her she's the only child to her parents after all but she longs to hold her own baby too,something that's a part of her and her beloved's but nothing happens until Allah wills.

None of Hajiya Turai's foul words nor Safaa's frets can change a thing about her fate.

"What's my beautiful wife thinking of?" Ahmad beamed coming inside the studio.

"Nothing,I didn't know you returned from work,welcome" She smiled back wrapping her hands around his neck.

"You're sure you okay?"

"I'm sure" She nodded.

"You will be 22 tomorrow"

"Stop reminding me that am young"

"Yeah my young and successful wife" He said nuzzling her gently.

"I walked down to the bakery near a while ago and I bought your favorite cupcake,let's go and have some" She said not meeting his gaze.

"Why don't you want to look at me? You're hiding something from me aren't you?"

"I'm not hiding a thing,trust me" She said dragging him to the kitchen.

When they reached the kitchen,She fished out the cupcakes from the paper bag and they began eating in silence,she didn't want to let her husband know the fact that she's not able to give him an offspring affected her mood so she tried her best to mask all her pain.

"Baba's friend is here with his family,I'd like us to go and greet them" He said trying to mediate the boring atmosphere.

"When?"

"Tonight or you have something to do?"

"No I don't" She answered getting up.

"Well get ready before I come back from the masjid" He said pecking her cheek.

She went inside her room feeling a bit disoriented but after praying and asking her Rabb for ease,she felt better and begin getting ready.

She has hope that her wish will be granted one day In shaa Allah.