Chapter Thirty Six

Ahmad's POV..

After much needed thought,I decided to always let Mama sort things out with Safaa,maybe if I stop meddling into their affairs so much I might find peace of mind and our relationship with Safaa would be redeemed too.Mama is also Safaa's mother,so she has the right to correct her when she's wrong,I shouldn't always be the one to handle her responsibilities for her.

Why isn't she even interfering in Salman's life?

Why must she always have problems with my wife?

I will be able to attain peace of mind now that I am married to Zarah someone who Mama thinks is worthy of me.I deliberately left Sydney because if we are in Nigeria,Mama has no choice but to stay at her own house.

The wedding dinner didn't really seem fun and a happy event to me until I sighted Safaa,all dressed in her splendour.I forgot the new bride close to me and just wanted her to be by my side instead.

I smiled for the camera only because she was there.

We left the event in the same car with my new bride but as soon as we alighted the car,A worried looking Mama called me and informed me with yet another problem.

I refused to believe her just yet.I patiently waited for Safaa and asked her what really happened.

Inquiring about it was useless because I left them in the living room hoping they'll talk things out.The moonlight sky and the natural breeze sending chills all through my body is much more better than the house,so I tiredly sauntered to the garden.

"You have messed up your life really bad haven't you?" Ma'aruf voice intruded my alone time.

"Ma'aruf at last I get to see you" I mumbled.

"Yes I brought your wife home,You left her stranded at the venue of your dinner" He chortled throwing a pebble into the small fish pond.

"I didn't leave her there,She has her own driver"

"The driver who kept delaying them you mean"

"That driver never delays Ma'aruf,maybe she decided to attend the event really late"

"Did you ask her? You guys don't even communicate now,how can your marriage survive? I don't want to sound like your elder brother,I know am just a friend..."

"You're my brother" I cut him off.

"Did you take my advice? I doubt if am really your friend,right now our relationship doesn't even matter,there's a relationship far more important than ours which is about to crumble and you need to save it before it's too late,God forbid if Safaa leaves you because believe me Ahmad she's at the verge of giving up on you.She might leave you,Goodnight" He finished disappearing from the garden without even waiting for his words to sink in.

The only part that repeatedly kept ringing on my mind is where he indubitably told me she's leaving me.How can I live without Safaa? No matter the circumstances the undying love I have for her and the space she has in my heart will always be there,no one can take her place.

Life will be meaningless without her.

"Why then are you acting like a chicken? You still don't believe she's capable of betraying you yet you distanced yourself from her? Don't you think she loves you too?" My subconscious scolded me.

"Come on in,It's cold out here" Zarah whispered.

I had no idea when she walked inside the garden too.