Chapter Thirty One

Safaa's POV..

Tahir actually planned everything so we could meet his wife without any glitch,he told me to send a proposal via my company to Ummu Sahla's,he's sure she'll schedule a meeting immediately because my own company is influential to her own.If  Ummu Sahla's knows am coming to her because of her child and that we're coming together with her husband,she will never agree to meet with us.

She welcomed me to her suite with a warm smile.One look at her will make you grasp that Ummi Sahla is a definition of beauty,she's the type of woman who can get everything within a snap of her finger,her looks can make her earn all her heart desires from her husband,she has that enchanting smile which died out immediately she saw Tahir.

"You're welcome" She faked a smile offering me a sit.

"Thank you" I smiled back.

"Excuse me please,I don't want us to have a nuisance here so Tahir what can I do for you? I told you not to visit me unless you're bringing Sahla" She snapped.

"We are actually together" I butted in.

"Oh I see,does he work for your company now?"

"No he does not,we are just good friends,my nephew and your Baby Sahla are good friends too"

"Oh really,that's nice"

"Yeah it is" I said trying to figure out a way I can start talking about the real motive behind our meeting.

"Mrs AS my company has a lot of things for you" She began.

"Before we get to that" I cut her off sipping the drink she offered us.

"Yes go ahead"

"I'll like to talk to you about something,Tahir please leave us"

"You sure?"

"I'm sure" I nodded.

When Tahir left,I changed my seat and sat on the sofa she's sitting,I'll need to have a heart to heart conversation with her.

"I'm not sure if you can hear my language but the proverb goes thus "ciwon 'ya mace na 'ya mace ne,Ummu Sahla I have no idea what Tahir did to you because he didn't tell me anything but I know I can relate to the pain a woman feels when her husband hurts her,A child is a blessing you know that don't you..." I stopped to catch my breath.

"I know" She answered a bit puzzled.

"Children are a wonderful blessing,You're among the lucky ones to have been blessed with one,Your marital issues and problems shouldn't make you neglect your own child,I have been married for close to five years now but am still not blessed with a child,everyday in my Sujood I pray to my Rabb to fulfill my wish of holding my own baby in my arms,a lot of women out there are praying the same too,why then won't you own up to your responsibility,why did you abandon Sahla?"

"And who do you think you are,A preacher or my mother?" She asked a bit irritated.

"Am not a preacher nor am I your mother but I am someone who cares and someone who wishes to put you on the right path,your daughter is dying,she needs you since you're well aware that your husband cannot be able to pay the hospital bills" I spat.

"You don't know what I went through because of Tahir's family..." She sniffed.

"But you just can't abandon your daughter"

"I know it's just so painful,they humiliated me and Tahir never defended me,his mother hates me,do you have any idea how I always cry my self to sleep because of what she tells me whenever we visit her? She makes me feel so little..." Ummu Sahla  was now crying reminiscing all she went through.