Chapter Fifty Six

Some days after they met at the hospital, Salman paid a visit to Safaa and they had a talk, he also tried encouraging her to go back to Ahmad's house and that he would do anything possible to see that his mother's attitude towards her changed. Safaa listened to him in awe, she could not believe that they all could not see how Hajiya Turai hated her and what she was capable of doing to her if only she kept staying at Ahmad's house.

" Yaa Salman, Am not shunning your advise, but am sorry Mama would never accept me, and you see, I am too tired for anything, she would never allow us to live in peace " Safaa informed him when he was done trying to convince her.

" I know you feel like we are too selfish but Safaa, my brother is miserable without you, he's just walking "

" Yaa Salman, Yaya Ahmad told you about the pictures I found after our wedding right? " She asked.

Her intimate relationship with Salman some years ago had always being there, she could still easily tell him whatever was bothering her and she felt inclined to inform him about their mother's biggest atrocities.

" The pictures that had to do with that Moudu right? He did " Salman answered not understanding why she had to bring up that issue.

" You know it was the first thing that made our trust falter right? It was what made Yaya Ahmad easily suspect me, it's the genesis of most of our problems and your mother actually paid Moudu to take those pictures "

" What? " Salman's voice was like a whisper, he was too shocked to believe all she told him but he knew his mother and what she was capable of doing.

" Yes she's responsible for it, Moudu came with his wife and child and asked for my forgiveness and Mama knows I am now aware she's behind the pictures "

" And you told Ahmad about it? "

" No I didn't, there's no point in telling him, to him Mama is always right you know "

"  But you could have informed, Safaa I thought am your elder brother not your brother inlaw, You never cared to tell me what was happening, Why?" Salman asked running his fingers around his well shaved beard disturbingly.

" I don't know, I thought you'd also act like Yaya Ahmad " She chuckled nervously.

" You know Ahmad has always been her boy, since we were kids he wanted nothing but to see her happy, well I want to see her happy too but I do not displease other people so I could please her, I had to seriously deal with him to stop him from holding a grudge against Mommy just because she's Mama's Co wife, but that's by the way, I'm here for you guys and I will not leave until everything goes back to the way it was before, so Safaa will you listen to me and do as I say please?  "

" Yaa Salman, I'll never desert my husband's house just like that, look at me I am heavy with his child, do you think it's easy for me? I'm sorry but I am afraid if I keep staying then one day your mother will bring an end to me "

" Subhanallah, don't think like that " He said shaking his head and Safaa only shrugged, She was the only one that knew that side of Hajiya Turai.

They became silent and when Safaa found it a bit awkward she attempted to go back to her room.

" Thank you so much for coming Yaa Salman, now can I go and lie down please?"

Salman laughed and got up from the sofa.

" The baby is making you lazy too?" He asked.

" Very " She smiled adjusting her veil.

" I heard you eat like a..." He began teasing her but she quickly cut him off.