Chapter Fifty Nine

Hey Lovelies,

Add Nigerian Writer's Awards to your library and show Safaa some love.

You are to comment on whichever category in the NOMINATION PHASE.

Thank you.

Ahmad dropped on his knees and scooped Safaa in his arms, she was ten times heavier than her usual weight but he ignored that, he rushed with her back to the hospital, too panicked to listen to what the security men were trying to tell him. When she was placed on a stretcher, she opened her eyes and winced in pain clutching his hand tight.

"Don't let that man escape" She heaved shutting her eyes when she felt another contraction.

"Will you be fine? I can't leave you" Ahmad's said croakily.

"Just call my Maa and go get that man" Safaa yelled.

"Please be strong for me, I love you" He leaned and pecked her forehead softly.

Ahmad watched as the nurses wheeled her away, he ran around the vicinity of the household, too confused to remember the room his Uncle was admitted, he managed to call Salman and inform him of the situation at hand before stroding to the security office, adrenaline surging through his entire being, he knew if he got hold of that man, he might end up strangling him to death.

The security men were trying to make the man confess when he reached their office. Ahmad gave the man a hard punch, the effect of it making him wince inwardly, the man stared at him unaffected by the blow or the harsh men's whip marauding his bare back.

"What were you doing underneath her car?" Ahmad pounced on him again but the man remained mute.

They spent about thirty minutes torturing him but he remained quiet, Salman and a frightened Hajiya Turai also joined them at the security office. She glared at the man, her look telling him that if he dared mention her name she would be the death of him. The man had become weak and was about to pass out after they had beaten him into pulp yet he still refused to confess. Salman was the impatient kind so he grabbed a gun from the security men and targetted the man's left leg.

"Now talk, or I'll shout you"

"No please don't" The man pleaded, blood spurting out from his nose and mouth.

"Why were you underneath her car?" Salman asked attempting to pull the trigger.

"I..." The man stuttered staring at the gun and then Hajiya Turai who was mouthing a " Don't you dare" to him.

"You idiot, If I count three, consider one of your leg gone" Salman fumed kicking his stomach.

The man winced before pointing at Hajiya Turai.

They all stared at her and then it dawned on Ahmad, the man might be their mother's accomplice.

"No Mama, please not you" Ahmad panicked running his fingers around his messy beard. 

"Talk" Salman hit the man again ignoring the duo.

"Hajia paid me to tamper with the brakes" The man confessed.

"He's saying the truth right?" Salman referred his question to Hajiya Turai but she only stuttered, unable to find a lie to defend herself.

"It's the truth" Ahmad's voice was breaking when he said that, he gave his Mama one last disbelieving stare before slowly walking away from the security office.

He was thinking of all what his mother made Safaa go through and had no idea how he would inform her about the man beneath her car when he bumped into his father.