chapter three

| Manhattan, NY |

Here they were, sitting next to Taehyung at the back of the limo. One minute they meet Jay's father out of nowhere, who somehow recognizes Jay instantly, and the next they're riding in a limousine in total silence. How they managed to be in the car, Alice had no clue. Taehyung invited them for a drive and as if he had put a spell on them, they obediently followed. 

Taehyung offered them a drink, but they declined. Taehyung tried to make some small talk, but Jay hardly gave any reply. Alice felt uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable. How do you react when your friend's famous father appears out of the blue and acts like there's nothing wrong with the situation?

"How's your father," Taehyung asks Jay.

Jay scoffed. "Why don't you ask him yourself?" Jay was sending his father death stares. All that anger was unleashing from Jay's body. There was no way that Alice could calm Jay down. He wanted this the moment he realized he would never forgive his father. He wanted Taehyung to feel bad and wish he regretted the choices he made. The choices that caused him to leave his family behind.

"You know your dad and I don't speak to each other anymore, but that's all in the past. How have you been," Taehyung asked.

"How do you think I've been?" Taehyung's expression doesn't change. He stays calm and collected while Jay gets even more annoyed by his father's questions. "You think I'm fine or something, like nothing is out of the ordinary," Jay demanded.

Taehyung didn't answer.

"Because if you have the nerve to have to ask me how I'm doing and not know the answer yourself then you clearly are not someone that I should care about," Jay yelled, his face become red.

"Jay, just relax," Alice said, trying to soothe Jay, but Jay refused.

"No," Jay yelled at Alice. He turns his attention back to Taehyung. "I shouldn't have to care so much that you left us. I shouldn't give a damn if you even care! Yet you come here acting like everything's fine, everything's normal. Well it's not! We're not fine! I'm not fine! So, you're not allowed to ask me how I'm doing and act like you're fine!"

They were silent and all you could here was Jay catching his breath. He was sweating and the vein on his throat was pulsing adrenaline. Alice had never seen Jay so mad at anyone, not even at Jungkook who was always getting on his nerves.

Taehyung pulls a small towel where the glasses are placed and hands it to Jay. Jay glares at his father for a second before taking the towel and wiping his forehead. Jay handed the towel back to Taehyung and he pushed it to the side.

They were quiet again. Jay lowered his head, breaking any eye contact with his father. Taehyung watched Jay for a minute before opening his mouth to speak. "You have a right to be mad at me. I know I did wrong by leaving you and your father, but like I said that's all in the past. My past actions don't reflect who I am now. I'm a different person from when I married your dad." Jay gave no reply. "You don't have to forgive me, but I want you to know that I'm sorry."

Jay still didn't look at Taehyung. Taehyung turned his attention to Alice who was still freaked out about what was going on.

"If I remember anything about Jay I know that his eyes light up when he sees someone he likes. I knew who he was because I saw such light in his eyes when he was talking with you," Taehyung said with a little chuckle.

Alice blushed. "Oh, w-well I never noticed."

"You must be special to him," Taehyung said with a smile. "I should know, I used to be very special to him."