chapter thirty-seven

| Angeles National Forest, CA | 

Taehyung was unsure on what to do at this point.

Once Jungkook finally answered his calls and told him he was going to save Taemin, he got his location tracked and followed him there, along with Jay and Jihun. By the time they had entered the house they could hear shouting and made sure to be as quiet as possible. 

In the kitchen room was Taemin sitting on the floor wide awake and tied up. Jay almost blew their cover, but Taehyung had quickly quieted him down. Before they were going to do anything else they had to get Taemin out of there. Taemin's cries were muffled from the duct tape and Taehyung promised him they would take the tape and ropes off of him soon. He instructed Jihun and Jay to leave the house with Taemin and call the police, but Jay had been stubborn and refused to leave so he stayed while Jihun took Taemin. 

Taehyung and Jay tiptoed to the room where the shouting was coming from. At the corner where they could see Jungkook on the floor, they noticed who the attacker was. Taehyung and Jay couldn't believe that it was Hoseok who had kidnapped Taemin and was holding a gun at Jungkook. 

Taehyung tried to suppress his emotions and just focus on being smart and figuring out a plan. He was worried about Jay, who had a hateful glare at Hoseok who was threatening his dad's life. Taehyung stopped Jay from moving forward, afraid that Hoseok would notice them. They carefully watched as Taehyung was finding an opportunity to creep up from behind Hoseok and knock the gun out of his hand. 

Hoseok began to ramble at Jungkook and the two listened to the conversation. 

"Hoseok please...I'm sorry. Don't do this," Jungkook begged.

"You were so silent when you were on the floor, you were bleeding bad. I saw it all. You tumbled down so fast, my eyes couldn't register it all. I felt so much panic, but oh my god, I also felt like I could breathe. I thought for a second that I fixed everything for Taehyung. I didn't intend for it, but I felt better for doing it. I thought that since you would be gone Taehyung would have his kids and everything would be fine. Even if I would suffer the consequence, I thought about Taehyung being happy for once. To have his family meant something to him..."

Tears started to form out of sadness in Taehyung's eyes after hearing Hoseok's confession. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. That day of the trial where Taehyung thought he would lose Jungkook forever was a terrifying day for him. They all believed it was an accident and it was a true wake-up call for Taehyung because he realized how much he loves Jungkook. And now it hurt even more because of this guilt that was beginning to form inside of him, knowing now that Hoseok, his partner at the time, could do something so horrible. It brought so much hurt in his heart knowing that Hoseok felt good about it, because he thought that ending Jungkook would make him happy when in reality it was the opposite. Ever since he found out about Taemin being his son and introducing Jungkook back into his life, Taehyung finally remembered what it was to truly be happy.

Right after that, Hoseok had put his hand on Jungkook's throat and adrenaline and anger ran through Jay's veins. He pushed Taehyung out of the way and marched into the room. Taehyung was too late to hold him back and now he feared that something bad was about to happen. He didn't know what to do, but before he knew it Jay had knocked Hoseok out of Jungkook's reach without being detected. Taehyung saw this as their opportunity. 

Once he reached the door his eyes locked with Jungkook. Jungkook was shocked when Jay had entered the room, but he looked even more shocked once he saw Taehyung. Taehyung knew he needed to save Jungkook. 

Without a second to waste Hoseok had gotten back up and held the gun at Jay. "Didn't I fucking tell you not to bring anyone," Hoseok shouted at Jungkook. "Do you really want someone else to die because I'm not joking."

"No, please," Jungkook cried out. 

Taehyung knew there was no more waiting to hatch a plan. With Jay held at gunpoint, Taehyung needed to play smart to get them out of the situation without any harm. 

"Hoseok, let them go," Taehyung said as confident and calm as he could. 

Hoseok's attention switched to Taehyung and his eyes grew at the sight of him. Taehyung's heart was racing know that Hoseok has seen him and knew he was there. He just hoped that he would be able to save them all. 

****

You guys didn't think I would dive in that quick, did you? I'm sorry, but its entertaining seeing you all at the edge of your seats. I promise I won't take too long with the update. 

I might even have it up in a few hours...we'll see. Remember to comment and vote!

- A.