chapter five

"How is Jihun," Jungkook asked, trying to start the conversation before Taehyung starts hitting him with the hard topics.

"He's doing good. He turned out to look a lot like me," Taehyung said with a small chuckle. The last time Jungkook got to see Jihun was before the divorce was finalized. Jihun was only five years old at the time and Jay was six. Jihun stayed with Taehyung and Jay stayed with Jungkook. There was no resentment when it came to choosing which child would stay with each parent. They did what they thought was fair at the time. Taehyung didn't have to leave everything and Jungkook didn't have to be burdened with having to figure everything out.

"Well, turns out that Jay inherited my attitude, which we can probably conclude is not so great," Jungkook said. Jungkook kept his attention on his footsteps, with Taehyung walking right next to him.

"Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed when I saw him today," Taehyung said.

Jungkook snapped his attention at Taehyung. "What do you mean today?"

Taehyung's face went red. "Oh, I saw him today, but by accident."

Jungkook's mouth dropped slightly. "How come you didn't tell me about this? How come Jay didn't tell me about this?"

Taehyung scratched his hair nervously. "It just happened, but we talked. Not a good talk though because he stormed out on me," he admitted. Taehyung looked at Jungkook with concerned eyes. "He told me about Taemin."

Jungkook didn't respond. Of course, that's why Jay didn't mention anything to him when he got home, Jungkook thought. It all made sense now. How else could Taehyung have found out about Taemin. He broke any connection with Taehyung years ago. He didn't even write Taehyung as Taemin's parent on his birth certificate. Jungkook wrote Taehyung out of Taemin's life, but that failed. Taehyung always found a way back to Jungkook.

"What else did he tell you," Jungkook finally said. He didn't dare look at Taehyung.

"Well, he seems to remember me coming back after the divorce and I guess after that you got pregnant with Taemin. I just can't remember. Is that what happened," Taehyung asked, looking at Jungkook.

Jungkook nodded. "You came and we made a mistake. That was the end of that, but then I found out I was pregnant again."

Taehyung sighed. "Well, how come you didn't tell me? Don't you think that's something I should know? Don't you think I would've helped you?"

Jungkook kept his gaze away from Taehyung. "Honestly, no. After everything we went through, you walked away. You really think I would've believed another child would've brought you back. We have Jay and Jihun and you still left."

"But you never gave me the chance to know. How do you think I felt?"

Jungkook turned his gaze at Taehyung and laughed sarcastically. "How do you think that made me feel? I was the one who was pregnant. You actually think that if you had known you would've came back?"

Taehyung was silent for a second. "I-I don't know. Things were different back then. I was moving fast with my singing career, but you should've told me."

"What difference would that have made, Taehyung? You have no reason to act like you're the victim here. I did what I thought was best, and if that meant not telling you then I was okay with it. You could continue pursuing your dreams without anything holding you back and I could carry Taemin to term and give him a good life," Jungkook said with an irritated tone. "You left! Over and over again! I thought maybe I shouldn't give you another reason to come back!"

"Well, guess what? I'm back because I have a reason to again. I have a son that I didn't know I had and I'd like to meet him," Taehyung exclaimed.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, Taehyung."

"Well none of this has ever been a good idea. Everything we do just seems to make everything worse," Taehyung replied with his hands in the air.

"Gosh Taehyung! You can't just come back and be in my life again!"

"I'd like to meet Taemin and on your terms. Just let me see him. You owe me at least that," Taehyung begged.

Jungkook shook his head. "I don't know if I can."

"Why can't you?" Taehyung stops walking and faces Jungkook. "You can't tell me that Taemin hasn't asked about me!"

"He's a little boy! Of course he's asked about you, but that doesn't mean he actually needs to meet you."

"He's going to want to know one day and when he finds out that you kept him away from me, he'll never forgive you!"

"If I say you can't meet him, then that's final! You have no business telling me what's best for him," Jungkook yelled at Taehyung. "Just leave, Taehyung! Leave and don't come back!"

Taehyung scoffed and shook his head at Jungkook. "You'll change your mind and when you do you'll call me."

"I wouldn't bet on it," Taehyung said, giving Taehyung a cold stare.

Taehyung pulled his phone out and called his driver. His limousine came shortly after to pick him up.

"I'll see you later then, Jungkook. Take care."

Jungkook didn't respond.

Taehyung got in the limo and drove off. Jungkook stood at the sidewalk, watching the limo drive off, leaving him alone. Jungkook waited out there until a taxi appeared and got a ride. Jungkook was tired and just wanted the day to be over. He wanted to crash into bed and sleep all his worries away. No more Taehyung. No more drama. If only asking for it would somehow make Taehyung disappear and leave him alone.

Taehyung didn't deserve another chance, Jungkook thought to himself, staring out of the car window. He had everything he wanted. If only he would just stop trying to take what was Jungkook's, maybe everything would be a lot more peaceful.

****

Next chapter I'll introduce Jin and Jimin! Let me know what you think so far about Jungkook not wanting Taehyung to meet their son.

Remember to vote! Until next time!

- A.