chapter twenty

| Los Angeles, CA |

"Mr. Park-Kim, I understand you are pregnant, is that correct," Mrs. Byers asked. 

Jimin was called up to the stand and Mrs. Byers had begun examining him. "Yes, ma'am."

"And, how does that make you feel? Does it make you feel blessed or in other words grateful to be carrying another child?"

Jimin nodded his head. "Yes, of course. You don't know what it's like to be growing another person inside of you until it's happening to you."

Taehyung's lawyer, Mr. Park, stood up. "Speculation, your honor. There has no relevance to the case."

Mrs. Byers turned her attention to Mr. Park and then back at Judge Bane. "Your honor, I'm simply getting some background to my point."

Judge Bane nodded. "Proceed."

Mrs. Byers turned her attention back to Jimin. "I suppose you and Jungkook can both relate to the situation since both of you have been pregnant before, wouldn't you say?"

"Yes, of course," Jimin said with a nod. 

"Would you say there is a more emotional connection between you, as the caregiver, and the child, then let's say your significant other?"

"Yes."

"Elaborate, please," she said, pacing around.

"Well, you're the only thing protecting your child from the outside world. Nothing else matters besides making sure they are okay." Jimin turned his attention to Jungkook. "Jungkook is such a strong and caring father. He's made sure to give his children the best out of a terrible situation. He's stuck with them through it all, despite his own personal hardships. He's always thought of his children first before anything else. He's the true definition of a parent."

Jungkook smiled at the kind words of his friend. 

"No further questions, your honor," Mrs. Byer's concluded. 

________

"Jay, could you please in a few words, describe your father, Taehyung?" Mr. Park waited for his response.

Jay laughed to himself. "Wow, only a few words, okay. Well if I had to describe my father it would have to be, and pardon my language, an unbelievable piece of shit, a conceited piece of shit, and a lying piece of shit." Jay though for a second, humoring himself. "Yeah, I would say that about covers it." He turned his attention to Taehyung, but he seemed to ignore it.

"Okay, well why would you say that," Mr. Park asked. 

"Well, to refresh your memory, he left me and my family years ago to live his dream. So after numerous birthday parties with no papa, and an album of 'Jay's saddest moments' later, I've learned to just hate his guts. He decided to come back and be a father again, only because he finds out about Taemin, but news flash, he just wanted us all for himself."

"Okay, and weren't you the one who told him that Taemin was his son? If there's a probable case to how everything led up to this moment, wouldn't you agree that you were the one that set the ball rolling?"

Jay was taken back for a moment. "I-I don't know."

"You're dad failed to tell your father that Taemin was his son and you took it upon yourself to tell him. What if it's your dad that wanted all of you for himself? Did you ever think about that when you would retaliate your father?"

"Okay, stop." Jay stared down at Mr. Kim with menacing eyes. "The reason we are here is not because of my dad, so don't get your facts twisted." He turned his attention at Taehyung and pointed his finger at him. "He's the one who's screwed everything up from the very beginning. He set the ball rolling."