chapter fifteen

Author's Note: I made a new cover for the book

Author's Note: I made a new cover for the book. Let me know in the comments if this should be the new cover or if I should keep the same one. Thanks, now enjoy this new chapter!

****

| Manhattan, NY |

By the time Jihun woke up he realized that he was laying in Jay's bed. The second he tried to lift his head up a shock of pain radiated and kept him down. His face had been bruised from breaking the fight and getting knocked out. Nobody else was in the room, but he could here some yelling in a different room. 

"Oh good, you're awake." Jihun turned his attention to the voice without lifting his head. 

At the door stood Alice with a bag in her hand. She walked towards Jihun and crouched down beside his face and placed the bag on the side of his bruised face. Jihun winced at first due to the freezing touch, but then relaxed. 

"Hopefully this helps. All I could find in the freezer was a bag of frozen peas," Alice said. "How are you feeling?"

It took Jihun a second to find his words. "I-I feel like half of my face was broken off. And I have a headache."

"Yeah, you have some swelling, but I brought something from the medicine cabinet for the pain."

Alice handed some pain relievers and a water bottle that she had set earlier on the nightstand to Jihun and he slowly swallowed them down. He let out a groan when Alice applied the bag again, but then felt okay. 

He looked at Alice. "Where's everyone else?"

"My parents are with your dad in his room. My dad is still pretty upset. Jay and Taemin are outside with Taehyung," Alice said.

"Is my father alright," Jihun asked.

"I think so. You're the one that got hurt the most though. I'm sorry that my dad hurt you. I've never seen him hurt anyone," said Alice.

"Well, not everyone loves my father in this family. I get that he screwed up all of their lives in some way, but that's my father. He doesn't deserve to be treated like some scum."

"I'm sorry about that too. He seems like a nice person to me besides the history. I honestly admire that he's trying to be closer in Jay's life, but everyone keeps making it harder for him," Alice said. 

"Yeah, I guess. Maybe things could work out without all this drama. I think I've had enough of it for one day," Jihun said with a weak chuckle. "Will you go outside and let my father know I'm alright? I think I want to rest now."

"Of course," Alice said. She got up, but before she left Jihun grabbed her hand. She turned back to look at him. "Thank you," he said.

"You're welcome, Jihun," Alice said with a reassuring smile. He let go of her hand and sent Alice a smile as well before she closed the door behind her and made her way outside.

―――――

"You really know how to make a scene," Jay said after moments of pure silence between him and Taehyung. 

"Excuse me?" 

"Well, not even five minutes in and you showing up unexpectedly caused my uncle to go crazy on you and knock out Jihun in the process. I mean you sure are something," Jay responded.

"You know that it wasn't my intention to cause all of this. It's best if I just let things calm down for now," Taehyung said, holding a sleepy Taemin in his arms.

"Why are you here anyways? You never let anyone know what your plans are, do you? You just love to be the star of the show," Jay said sarcastically.

"To clarify things, your dad blocked my number so I had no choice. And I came back to talk with him, but clearly now is not a good time," Taehyung replied. 

"But why? I know something happened between the two of you before we left California." Jay stared down at his father, but Taehyung gave no response. "What's there to talk about? Everyone loves you except this family. Nothing has changed so why do you keep persisting things should change," Jay asked 

"Jay, this only concerns me and your dad. I am not ready to say goodbye to you or Taemin. You'll find out eventually when things get sorted out," Taehyung said sternly. 

Jay was taken back, but in an annoyed way. "Whatever, have it your way."

From behind, the front door opened and Alice appeared. 

"Taehyung, Jihun is doing alright. He's resting right now," she said. Alice looked at Jay's and Taehyung's faces. "Oh, I'm sorry. Was I interrupting?"

"No, you're fine. Thank you," Taehyung responded.

"Are you doing okay," Jay asked Alice. 

"Alice nodded at Jay. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Alice, come on. We're leaving." The door opened again, this time with Jin walking out towards the car. He didn't say or glance at Taehyung and silently passed everyone.

The door opened again with Jungkook and Jimin coming out. You could tell that Jimin had been crying behind of the tear stains on his face. Jungkook had his arm around Jimin's shoulder. 

"Alice, let's go," Jimin said in a defeated voice. 

Alice stood there with a blank expression as Jungkook walked Jimin to the car. Jin has already turned on the car and ignored Jimin getting in beside him. 

"I...guess I should go," Alice said. Jay's face grew sad. 

Alice walked past Jay and Taehyung. Jay reached out to Alice with his hand, but pulled back before his fingers could touch her. 

Jungkook walked back once they drove away and stood in front of Taehyung. 

"I'm going to take Taemin to bed," Jungkook said blankly. He took hold of Taemin from Taehyung's arms and cuddled him into his arms. 

"Jungkook," Taehyung called out.

"You can sleep on the couch," Jungkook said as he walked back inside. "We can talk tomorrow, just not now. I've had enough for one day."

Jungkook had disappeared inside the house. Jay stood up and looked at Taehyung. "You also know how to kill the mood. Lock the door when you decide to come inside." 

****

Next chapter should be interesting, so stay tune for the next update! 

Let me know what you thought about the chapter in the comments and remember to vote. Until next time!

- A.