chapter thirty-two

| Los Angeles, CA |

"Hoseok, maybe the one who is ruining things is you." 

Jungkook surprised himself that he dared to intervene the two. He had heard them arguing from the other side of the hallway and felt that things didn't seem good. He couldn't just go to bed with the thought of those two getting into a heated argument over something he knew wouldn't come out good. 

Jungkook had left his room and walked towards Taehyung's bedroom where he and Hoseok were in. It was when he reached the door was when he heard all of the hateful things Hoseok was saying about him and his sons. It wasn't his place to get involved in their problems, but hearing Hoseok say that Taehyung only brought along him just to see the kids made Jungkook feel hurt. He thought to himself that Hoseok was wrong for saying those things and it made him feel better when he heard Taehyung defending him. But once Hoseok began to complain that his family was the problem, Jungkook opened the door and said what was on his mind, regardless of him getting involved and facing the consequences. 

"Why are you here? This doesn't concern you," Hoseok hissed, his gaze fixed on Jungkook. 

"Everyone else has probably already heard you two arguing and it's not okay that you are saying such things, Hoseok," Jungkook explained. 

Hoseok got out of the bed and Taehyung quickly followed after him. "Hoseok, wait."

"Look, I've been generous sharing Taehyung with you and his sons, but I'm his fiancé and the truth of the matter is that I don't appreciate the fact that you butt in on our personal matters. We have been kind enough to let you tag along just so Taehyung can spend some time with his kids, despite you always hogging them to yourself," Hoseok said in an irritated tone. 

"Hoseok, that is enough," Taehyung exclaimed, sending a death glare at him. 

"I don't need your generosity and I don't want to get into your personal matters, but when you start saying negative things about me and my kids then that's where I intervene," Jungkook refuted. "I'm doing this so that my kids can spend time with their father."

"Oh, really? Only for your kids," Hoseok questioned, crossing his arms. "Well it seems its not only them who has been eager to spend time with Taehyung. I've been watching you and I know you know that I've seen you get close to my fiancé."

"That's not even true," Jungkook said. 

"Well I've had enough of whatever is going on between you two. I'm sick of the drama that you have brought into our lives and actually, I want you guys out of here by tomorrow. You've over welcomed your stay," Hoseok said angrily at Jungkook. 

"Okay, Hoseok. How about you just go," Taehyung said, pointing his finger at the door. 

Taehyung's rude tone caught Hoseok's attention and he couldn't believe what he had just heard. 

"Hey, what's going on?" Jay and Jihun had appeared behind Jungkook, confused at what was happening between the adults. 

"Excuse me," Hoseok had his mouth open in disbelief at Taehyung. 

"You've gone way to far Hoseok. Just get your things and come back when you've calmed down," Taehyung said sternly, as if he had just spoken to a child who needed a time-out. 

"Are you serious," questioned Hoseok. "They're the ones who are ruining everything. I'm sorry that I'm going overboard, but I'm over this. They should be the ones to leave and let us live our life."

"What is going on with you," questioned Jihun, who was giving a disgusted look at Hoseok. 

"No, Jungkook is right. They're not the problem, you are," Taehyung explained. 

"Yeah and as far as I know you're still not married to him, we're legally his family and you're not. Which technically just makes you a desperate wanna-be housewife," Jay sassed at Hoseok.

Hoseok huffed out in disbelief. "So what, we're all going to gang up on me because I said the truth?" He looked at Jungkook and Jay. "I'm his new family and you guys are a thing of the past."

"Why are you being such a dick, Hoseok," asked Jihun. 

"Sweetheart, I'm just saying what needs to be said," Hoseok responded. 

"Get out, Hoseok," Taehyung shouted, grabbing everyone's attention back at him. 

"Quit defending them," Hoseok shouted back. "I'm your family and they aren't! If you really think they matter more, even though they left you, then you're wrong! I've stuck by you and they haven't!"

"No," Taehyung shook his head. "I left them, but I'm not going to do that again."

Hoseok looked at Taehyung with a sour face. "What are you trying to say? That you choose them over me," Hoseok asked as he started breaking out into laughter.

"Taehyung," Jungkook looked at him in shock.

"Yeah, I am. They're my family and you can just go and you know what? There's not going to be a wedding either," Taehyung said calmly, but sternly.

Hoseok slowly stopped laughing and realized how quiet the room was with everyone staring at him. His demeanor turned dark and cold as he looked into Taehyung's eyes. "Are you breaking up with me?"

"I am. So get your stuff and leave my house," Taehyung replied.

Hoseok blew into a rage and started hitting Taehyung. "You fucking bitch! How fucking dare you!"

"Hey, get off him," Jay exclaimed and pushed past Jungkook, trying to get Hoseok off of Taehyung.

Hoseok shoved Jay off of him and stared at Jungkook. "You're going to fucking regret this!" 

"You're all going to fucking regret this," Hoseok shouted at everyone before pushing past Jungkook and Jihun and stormed out of the house. 

"Are you okay, dad," Jihun asked, moving towards Taehyung who was fixing himself. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's just all go to bed okay," Taehyung said. His two sons nodded and made their way back to their rooms without saying a word. 

Only Jungkook remained in the room and was just silently watching Taehyung. "Are you sure you're okay?"

Taehyung's face began to tear up and his shook his head in response. "I'm sorry you had to be a part of this. It's all too messed up."

"You don't need to apologize," Jungkook replied, shaking his head. 

"Jungkook, do you think you could stay here with me tonight," Taehyung said with watery eyes. "I don't think I can be by myself tonight."

Jungkook felt hesitant, but he felt sympathy for Taehyung who just lost Hoseok. Even though Hoseok ended up showing his true colors to everyone, he was still someone close to Taehyung. They were going to build a future together, but now that future had shattered. 

"Yeah, I guess so," Jungkook responded. 

The two got into the bed without saying a word. Jungkook felt awkward sharing a bed with Taehyung again, but the feeling went away when Taehyung turned towards Jungkook's body and started crying quietly next to him. Jungkook ran his hand across Taehyung's back and his other hand caressing his head, in hope to calm him down until he could fall asleep. 

****

So pretty dramatic chapter if I do say so myself. I bet I have you all shook hehe.

Anyways let me know your thoughts in the comments and remember to leave a vote! Until next time!

- A.