chapter seventeen

| Manhattan, NY |

The following day at the diner felt longer than most days for Jungkook. He was constantly distracted throughout the day. He had forgotten to send in orders, customers were getting mad, and the tips weren't good. He couldn't shake off this aching, nervous feeling in his stomach. Taehyung's voice kept ringing in his head. He felt his world was tearing apart. 

"Jungkook, can we talk?" It was Yoongi, signaling Jungkook from the register to follow him back to his office. 

Jungkook nodded and followed Yoongi. Yoongi sat at his desk and Jungkook sat in the seat in front of Yoongi. 

"Are you okay? You seem really bothered," Yoongi asked. 

"I'm managing, I guess. Today's just not by best day," Jungkook said, trying to sound okay as much as possible. It's not so great to look like a mess in front of your boss, Jungkook thought.

"Well, we've been having people complain of your service today. You're one of our best, so I'm concerned. Is everything okay at home?"

The tears started forming and Jungkook couldn't help him. "No, it's not okay." His voice was beginning to crack.

"If you need to talk to someone, you can talk to me," Yoongi added, trying to comfort Jungkook. 

Jungkook began to cry. "I'm going to lose my kids." Tears starts falling and Jungkook covered his face with his hands. 

Yoongi got up and closed the door and wrapped his arms around Jungkook. Jungkook sat there with Yoongi calming him down, but it didn't help much. Jungkook had been bottling his emotions, but they've broken free. He didn't realize how saying those words would cause him so much pain and make the situation even more real. 

"It's okay. Things are going to be okay," Yoongi whispered while Jungkook continued to sob. 

"Taehyung is fighting me for full custody and I don't know what to do. What am I supposed to do now? He's going to take Taemin, Jay, and Jihun and I won't see them again," Jungkook sobbed and Yoongi's shirt started absorbing the tears. 

Yoongi shushed him. "That's not going to happen."

"How do you know that?"

"Because you're a good person, Jungkook. People will see that you have a kind heart and you love your kids. Nobody will pull them away from someone like you," Yoongi said. "You just need a little faith that everything will be alright."

Jungkook began to calm down, and a feeling of relief radiated through his body. Yoongi's words hit home, like that's all he needed to feel better. 

"Thank you for that, Yoongi. I really needed that," Jungkook said, wiping his eyes. 

"Just have faith and you'll see that things will be better soon," Yoongi said. "You have nothing to worry about. If you need to, you can go home early."

Jungkook shook his head and chuckled a little. "Kind of need the money, you know for the lawyer. Of course, Taehyung has no issues with that."

"And I need to get people to give testimonies. This is all just too much," Jungkook added. 

"Who are you planning on asking," Yoongi asked. 

"Well, my lawyer said that Jay will be my strongest. My friends, Jimin and Jin, seem to be my next choice, but I'm not so sure we're in a good place right now. I haven't contacted them in a few weeks," Jungkook replied. 

"Well, if you need someone, I'm more than happy to help out," Yoongi said. 

Jungkook's expression lit up. "You would do that for me?"

"Of course," Yoongi replied with a smile. "That's what friends are for."

______

"Daddy, where are we going," Taemin asked Jungkook as they walked down the campus hallways. 

"We're visiting Uncle Jin at work," Jungkook answered, looking down at Taemin who was holding onto his hand. 

They reached Jin's office door and knocked. 

"Come in."

Jungkook opened the door to find Jin sitting at his desk marking papers with a red pen. Jin looked up to meet Jungkook's eyes, but he didn't seem excited to see them.

"Hey Jin," Jungkook said. 

"Hi, Uncle Jin," Taemin added, waving his hand.

Jin took off his glasses and placed them on the desk. "Why are you here?"

"I needed to talk to you, if that's alright."

Jin stared at Jungkook for a second, deciding in his head, and then gave a quick nod. The two sat down at the chairs facing his desk. 

"Well, what is it," Jin said, flipping through papers. 

"I know you're still mad about what happened, but I need your help," Jungkook began. Jin didn't seem interested in what he had to say. "Taehyung is suing for full custody."

"That son of a bitch," Jin muttered behind his desk. 

"I was hoping you and Jimin could give testimonies for the case, since you two know me and the boys the best," Jungkook said. 

"And where is Taehyung," Jin asked without looking at Jungkook.

"He and Jihun went back home almost a week ago," Jungkook replied. 

"I told you that all he does is make everything worse, and look at what's happened," Jin said in a harsh tone, turning his attention at Jungkook. "Look at the situation you two have put your sons into."

"I know this looks bad, and I want more than anything for this to go away. I didn't want it to come to this, but I need your support. You and Jimin are my support system," Jungkook pleaded.

"Seems more like you two could use me a lot less than what you tell me," Jin responded. 

Jungkook let out a sigh. "Jin, I'm sorry, it wasn't our intention to hurt you. We thought by not telling you that we would exclude you from the pain I felt and what Jimin helped me through. You're a good person, to your family and to mine, that's why I can't do this without you guys. I need to know that I'm not alone."

Jin thought for a minute without saying a word. He looked at Jungkook with uncertainty, but when he looked at Taemin a part of him hurt just thinking about never seeing him again. What would happen if Taemin wasn't a part of their lives? No matter what happened, Jin felt happy that Taemin was a blessing to him and Jungkook. 

"Taemin doesn't need his parents fighting, neither does Jay and Jihun," Jin said, turning is attention back to Jungkook. His expression softened. "But if it's comes to it, then you can count on us to be by your side. You're not alone, Jungkook."

Jungkook started to tear up a little. "Thank you, Jin." Jungkook walked towards Jin and embraced him in a hug. "I don't know what I'd do without you or Jimin."

"I know, you need us too much," Jin said with a chuckle, hugging Jungkook back. "Now, let's go kick Taehyung's ass where it belongs."

****

Hope you guys enjoyed this little filler. Jin and Jungkook made up! Things are looking good for Jungkook. 

Share your thoughts and remember to vote! Until next time!

- A.