chapter thirty-six

| Angeles National Forest, CA |

Dim light entered Jungkook's eyes once he woke up and he instantly felt sharp pain on his head. He began to lift his arm to massage his head, but realized he couldn't move. He looks down and notices that he was tied up in rope.

Jungkook slowly begins to tug at the rope tied around his chest and arms, as well as the one wrapped on his wrists and legs. Helpless, Jungkook takes a break and finally notices the figure watching over him by the door. 

"Are you done?"

Jungkook began to fight against the rope again. "Hoseok, what are you doing?"

Hoseok stared at Jungkook with a sinister smile. Jungkook noticed his weird appearance. The full black outfit, but his hair was badly kept and his face looked tired. He had puffy eyes, as if he had been crying, and bags under his eyes that made him look older. 

"I kidnapped your son and I've tied you up. Isn't it obvious," Hoseok said with a chuckle.

Jungkook's senses came right back up. "Where is Taemin," he shouted at Hoseok as soon as he noticed his little body was no longer in the closet where Jungkook had found him.

"He's in another room. I didn't want him to start freaking out once he woke up and saw you like this," Hoseok answered. 

"Let me out of this, Hoseok," Jungkook growled. 

Hoseok swiftly pulled out the gun he was hiding in his pocket and Jungkook instantly became silent once he noticed the weapon. "You don't make the commands, I do!" Hoseok waved the gun at Jungkook. 

"You and me are going to have a little talk, you understand. So might as well get as comfy as you can because nobody is going to interrupt us. And if you so much as one person coming here to get you, you're going down with me," Hoseok said calmly, but his expression made Jungkook afraid of him.

"Let's start with what you're probably thinking. Why am I doing this? Why did I go to Ellen's studio and take Taemin and now have you here as my hostage," Hoseok said as he waved the gun around as a way to intimidate Jungkook. "Well here's the thing and I'm sure you've caught on a long time ago." He looked at Jungkook with an exaggerated smile. "I fucking hate you and I wish you were dead."

Jungkook just glared at Hoseok and his smiling face, disgusted at the idea that Hoseok was enjoying himself. 

"You are the worst type of man-stealer there is, Jungkook. Taehyung and I were happy," Hoseok shouted. "We were perfectly fine until he found out about your son that you kept from him all those years! You and your kids came into his life again and ruined everything for us! Now I'm some fucking villain because you've made me go crazy when in reality I'm the fucking victim!" Hoseok was sobbing at this point. "You took everything from me! I have nothing now!"

Jungkook was speechless as Hoseok was spilling everything he wanted to say to him. Hoseok rambled on saying he shouldn't have come back as he paced around the room, tugging at his hair like a maniac. 

"I felt so guilty after I pushed you that day. I thought you were going to die and I feared for my life!" Hoseok was crying, but something in him clicked and it was horrifying to see him switch to anger instantly. "But now I wish you were. You should have never come back!" Hoseok raised the gun at Jungkook and Jungkook's eyes began to tear up. "You should've died and then I would've be happy! I would still have Taehyung by my side and I would've gotten married and have my own family! What makes you so deserving to have everything that I've wanted," Hoseok cried out, his hand with the gun shaking uncontrollably. 

"Hoseok please..." Jungkook begged, tears falling down his face. "I'm sorry. Don't do this..."

"You were so silent when you were on the floor, you were bleeding bad. I saw it all. You tumbled down so fast, my eyes couldn't register it all. I felt so much panic, but oh my god, I also felt like I could breathe. I thought for a second that I fixed everything for Taehyung. I didn't intend for it, but I felt better for doing it. I thought that since you would be gone Taehyung would have his kids and everything would be fine. Even if I would suffer the consequence, I thought about Taehyung being happy for once. To have his family meant something to him..."

Hoseok walked towards Jungkook and wrapped his hand around Jungkook's throat, cutting his air flow. Jungkook gasped, paralyzed as Hoseok glared at him."But you didn't die and instead you took it all away!" Jungkook winced in fear as Hoseok looked at him with menacing eyes. 

Out of nowhere, something hit Hoseok on the side of the head that knocked him to the side. Jungkook gasped for air as soon as Hoseok's hand was released. Standing over him was Jay massaging his elbow. 

"Oh my god Jay," Jungkook shouted. 

Hoseok quickly got up from the hit and without a waste of time, pointed the gun at Jay. Jay backed up a bit with his hands up. 

"Didn't I fucking tell you not to bring anyone," Hoseok turned his head back at Jungkook and shouted at him while keeping the gun pointed at Jay. "Do you really want someone else to die because I'm not joking."

"No, please," Jungkook cried.

"Hoseok, let them go."

Hoseok turned his head at the voice and his eyes grew in panic as he saw Taehyung at the door watching him with glaring eyes.

****

Guys, I'm excited to see what happens next! I hope you are too!

Leave your comments and vote! Until next time!

- A.