chapter forty

| Los Angeles, CA |

When Taehyung walked outside of the double doors of the hospital there were two police cars parked by the entrance. The lights on the cars were on and there was one police officer standing by the side of the door. 

"I'm going to need you to step away," the police officer said to Taehyung. 

"I'm sorry, but I need to see him before he's gone," Taehyung insisted. "I was a part of the situation too."

The officer didn't fight with him and remained quiet. Taehyung stood on the side of entrance as he waited as well. After a few minutes, another police officer came outside with Hoseok walking in front of him in handcuffs. 

Hoseok didn't look much better than he did before. If anything, he had visible tear stains on his cheeks. The nurses didn't do too much to heal him. He wasn't the one who got physically hurt after all. 

"Hoseok," Taehyung called out. Hoseok turned his head and stopped when he saw Taehyung.

"Alright, let's go," the officer behind him said as he started to push Hoseok to keep moving. 

"Wait, please," Hoseok fought back, wanting to see Taehyung once back. "You're going to get me out, right," Hoseok asked Taehyung with hopeful eyes. 

Taehyung looked at Hoseok's eyes and shook his head in disagreement. Hoseok's hopeful eyes washed away instantly. 

"I just wanted to be sure you're alright before you go. You did a horrible thing, but I wanted to let you know that Jay is alright. You don't have to carry any guilt for hurting him," Taehyung said in a calm tone. 

"Taehyung, I only wanted us to be together," Hoseok said as tears started to form. "I'm sorry."

The officer shoved Hoseok once more and dragged him into the backseat of the police car. 

"No, wait," Hoseok cried out as the officer shoved his body into the seat and closed the door. 

Hoseok had his hand against the window as he began to cry looking at Taehyung from behind the glass. 

Before the cars drove off Taehyung walked towards where Hoseok was. "I'm sorry too. Please take care of yourself," he said, but wasn't sure if Hoseok heard him clearly. 

Despite the pain that Hoseok caused Taehyung and his family, he felt a pain in his heart to see Hoseok go like this. There was a time when he did love Hoseok, but now he just felt sympathetic to him. There was no reason to carry any resentment towards him because Taehyung understands why Hoseok did what he did, even though he wished it never happened. Taehyung just felt sorry for Hoseok and hoped in his heart that he would be alright just like the rest of them will be. 

The brake lights turned off and the two police cars drove off away from the hospital. Taehyung stood by the curb as they drove off to Hoseok until they were out of his sight. 

______________

Alice didn't let go of Jay since everyone else left the room to give them some alone time. There wasn't much space on the bed, so Alice carefully laid next to Jay. The room was quiet with everyone gone. All she could focus on was the rising and falling of Jay's chest as he peacefully took a nap. 

When Taehyung had met back with everyone after seeing the doctor he informed them that Jay was doing fine and should have a good recovery. It completely made Alice relieved hearing those words. She feared, like everyone else, that the outcome would be worse and began to tear up at the thought of never seeing him anymore. But after seeing Jay awake and responsive just made her so grateful to see him be okay. 

Jay's heartbeat was steady and it made Alice comfortable knowing that he was feeling fine and resting his body from all the trauma it had endured. She looked up from laying on Jay's chest to look at his face. He looked more attractive than before in her eyes, even though it had been a few weeks since they last looked at each other. She began to smile and laid her head back down. 

She closed her eyes for a brief minute and later on she heard a voice. 

"Hey."

Alice opened her eyes and saw that Jay was awake and watching her. Alice instantly lifted her head up and smiled. 

"Hey, are you still tired," Alice asked with a smile. 

Jay shook his head. "Just thirsty."

Alice took the initiative to fetch his water from one of the tables and placed the straw to his mouth so he could take a sip. 

"Where's everyone else," Jay said slowly after he drank some water. 

"They might be with your dad," Alice responded. 

"That's good. I'm glad everyone's okay," Jay said. He looked at Alice's necklace that she kept touching. "You're wearing the necklace I got you?"

Alice smiled at the thought that Jay noticed such a small detail. "I haven't taken it off."

Jay smiled. "That's good. I like how it looks on you," he said as he closed his eyes again. 

"You rest. I'll be here with you," Alice said. Jay nodded and got his head comfortable again as she placed her head back on Jay's chest, her hand tightly holding onto her necklace. 

****

Yay! Jay is alright! I thought it would be cute to add a little Alice and Jay moment at the end. And sadly or happily, depends on how you perceive it, Hoseok has gone to jail. 

Anyways, I wanted to let you guys know that I really appreciated your feedback on the idea of making a sequel for This Love. You all gave me really good insight and reasons so I decided to finish this book completely and not make a sequel. Sorry to those who did want a sequel, I hope you guys can still support my future books!

Please be sure to post your thoughts of this chapter in the comments and remember to vote! Two chapters left guys! I can't believe it's almost over! Until next time.

- A.