chapter seven

| Manhattan, NY |

Taehyung ignored Jay's shouting to leave their house. Taehyung carried Jungkook's unconscious body inside and laid him in his bed. Taemin was hiding behind Jay with tears in his eyes.

"Will you get out," Jay yelled at Taehyung. "I got this. He'll be alright!"

"Jay, what's wrong with daddy," Taemin asks in a whimper. Jungkook had collapsed to the ground seconds after Taemin asks who Taehyung was. Taemin couldn't shake off the image of his dad laying on the ground like he was dead.

"Taemin, just-just go to your room," Jay said, pointing the door at Taemin to leave. Taemin started to cry.

"It's okay buddy. Your dad is just sleeping. He'll be fine," Taehyung said to Taemin in a soothing tone.

"Don't talk to him," Jay snapped at Taehyung. "Just leave."

"I know you don't like me, but I am trying to help. So will you please stop fighting me and go get a glass of water for your dad," Taehyung replied shortly after. Jay scoffed, but left to the kitchen with Taemin following him.

Taehyung turned his attention back to Jungkook who looked so peaceful in bed. Taehyung let out a sigh of relief and stroked Jungkook's soft hair with his fingers. He ran his fingers down his face, feeling his warm skin under his fingertips. Taehyung carefully ran his fingers under Jungkook's lip. They were soft and plump and it left Taehyung mesmerized.

Seconds later, Jungkook's lips moved and Taehyung pulled away. "Jungkook," Taehyung whispered. Jungkook slowly opened his eyes, letting the light come back and sees Taehyung looking over him.

"What-what happened," Jungkook asked, still groggy. He lifted himself a little and looked at Taehyung.

"You fainted and I brought you inside," Taehyung replied.

"Jay and Taemin?"

Right when Jungkook asked, Jay entered the room with a glass of water and Taemin beside him.

"Daddy, you're awake," Taemin exclaimed. Taemin ran into bed with Jungkook a little too rough and Jungkook let out a groan of pain. Taemin quickly apologized and laid his head on Jungkook's chest.

"Are you feeling better now," Taemin asked Jungkook.

"A little bit," Jungkook replied, laying a kiss on his son's forehead.

"Here's some water if you're thirsty," Jay muttered, walking past Taehyung and holding out the glass to his dad.

"Thank you," Jungkook replied to Jay and took the water and gave it a sip.

"Daddy, that nice man brought you inside and took care of you," Taemin said, pointing his finger at Taehyung.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung who had a small smile on his face as Taemin looked at him with such excitement.

"Well now we know who to thank for taking care of me, but I think it's time for him to head back home," Jungkook said to Taemin, then turning his head at Taehyung to signal his cue.

"I'll walk you out," Jay added, looking at his father.

"Alright, well it was nice seeing you Taemin," Taehyung said, smiling at Taemin even though it hurt him to leave so soon. He wished Jungkook would mention who he really was to Taemin, but none of this was planned and it wasn't the time or place. All that Taehyung could hope for is Jungkook changing his mind in the near future.

"You too, sir! Thank you!" Taemin waved goodbye and Taehyung waved back before taking one last look at Jungkook to see if he would change his mind.