chapter thirty-nine

| Los Angeles, CA |

After the whole incident had passed, Taehyung was outside in the surgery waiting room with Jihun and Taemin. The room was large and very quiet. There were different families sitting down waiting just like them to hear from their loved ones in surgery. Taehyung was mindlessly tapping his foot on the ground with worry and anxiousness running through his body. 

"Papa, where is daddy and Jay," Taemin asked. Taemin was sitting in Jihun's lap and he and Jihun both looked at Taehyung for answers. Taemin's voice grabbed Taehyung's attention since he was lost in his thoughts. 

Taehyung let out a deep sigh. "They're all right. The doctors are fixing your brother and daddy is just taking a nap in a different room. That's all." Taemin nodded to show that he understood. 

"Dad, what's going to happen to Jay," Jihun asked Taehyung. Jihun had given his phone to Taemin to distract him while he talked to Taehyung. 

"I really don't know. They just rushed him into surgery. All I know is that he lost a lot of blood," Taehyung whispered. 

"I'm so worried for him," Jihun said with a sigh. Taehyung saw his son's sad expression and put his arm over him and gave him a squeeze for comfort. "I do too."

"Taehyung?"

Taehyung looked up and was surprised to find Jimin, Jin, and Alice standing at the entrance. 

"What are you guys doing here," Taehyung questioned. Taemin and Jihun also noticed their appearance. 

"Uncle Jimin, Uncle Jin, Alice," Taemin exclaimed, a little too loud though. He got up from Jihun's lap and went and gave them all a hug. 

"Oh my god, I'm so happy to see you," Jimin said as he embraced Taemin. Tears started falling from his face as he smiled at the sight of the little boy. 

"Uncle, why are you crying," Taemin asked. 

"I'm just glad you're okay," Jimin answered as he wiped his tears. 

Jin and Jimin went and greeted Taehyung and Alice while Jimin was talking with Taemin.

"How's Taemin," Jin asked as he approached Taehyung. 

"He's fine. A little sore from where he was tied, but he's good now," Taehyung said reassuringly. 

"Who did such a thing? Did the police arrest them," Jimin asked, his attitude becoming serious.

Taehyung nodded. "It might be crazy to believe, but it was Hoseok. He did all this."

"Seriously? Seriously," Jin asked, amazed at Taehyung's words. 

"We ended our engagement because of the way he was treating Jungkook and the boys. He just snapped and later came and kidnapped Taemin and Jungkook went after him. If I Jay, Jihun, and I didn't show up in time, things probably would've ended a lot different," Taehyung confessed. 

"That son of a bitch," Jimin muttered, capturing everyone's attention since he hardly cussed. 

"Wait, so where are they," Alice asked. 

Taehyung was quiet for a minute and Jimin began to shake his head in disbelief. "Please tell me everything is fine," said Jimin. 

"Jungkook is fine. He's just resting at the moment," Taehyung answered. 

"What about Jay," Jin asked. Alice's eyes began to show fear. 

Taehyung didn't have the courage to look them in the eye as they all stared at him with desperate looks. "While we went to rescue Jungkook and Jihun, Jay fought with Hoseok and got shot in the process. He was rushed into surgery. I don't know how he's doing."

Taehyung looked back at them and their faces were in shock. Alice's eyes became watery and soon enough she was crying on Jin's shoulder. 

"How long has he been in there," Jimin asked, referring to the operating room

"He's been in surgery for about three hours now," Taehyung answered. 

"Isn't that a good thing? That means they're still working on him," Jin said as he comforted Alice who was devastated at the news.

"We hope so, we're still waiting on any news," Jihun answered. 

"I hope he pulls through," Jimin said as he let out a shaky breath. 

"Family of Jeon Jungkook?" 

The group looked towards the entrance of the waiting room and there stood a nurse. 

"Yes, that's us," Jimin answered to the nurse. 

"Mr. Jeon is awake if you would all like to see him," she informed them. 

"Wait, but what about Jay," Jihun asked as everyone started to get up. 

"Alice and I will wait here in case there's any news about Jay," Jin said as they took a seat. 

"Okay, thanks," Jimin said. "C'mon Taemin, let's go see your daddy." He reached out for Taemin's hand and everyone except for Jin and Alice followed the nurse. 

When they finally reached the room Jimin opened the door and at the bed was Jungkook wearing a hospital gown drinking some water. 

"Jungkook," Jimin began as he walked over and hugged him tightly. "I'm so relieved that you're okay."

"Is Taemin with you," Jungkook asked. Although he was happy to see them all, he was so anxious to see his son. 

"Daddy," Taemin exclaimed. Jungkook quickly grabbed Taemin and pulled him on the bed. He squeezed the little boy tightly and planted a kiss on his cheek. 

"Papa said everything is okay now. Daddy don't cry. Why is everyone so sad today," Taemin said to Jungkook. 

"These are tears of joy. I'm so happy to know you're okay," Jungkook said as he pulled Taemin in for another hug. 

"I'm glad you're feeling better," Taehyung added. 

A smile formed on Jungkook's lips and he extended his arms out for Taehyung. Taehyung approached them and the two linked arms into a hug. 

"Thank you," Jungkook said. 

"You too, Jihun. Give me a hug," Jungkook said. Jihun smiled and went and hugged Jungkook. 

"The nurse said that you just needed some rest, and you'll be good to go in a few hours," Jimin said. 

Jungkook nodded. He looked up at Taehyung in a serious face. "Where's Jay?"

Taehyung hated being the bearer of bad news. Especially to Jungkook who had already gone through so much. 

"He's still in surgery. There hasn't been an update yet," he answered. 

Jungkook seemed to understand, but it was more like he wished he hadn't heard that answer. He laid his head on the pillow and let out a deep sigh, pushing all the bad thoughts out of his body. "Okay," he simply answered. 

Soon after Jimin's phone rang with a message. He opened the message and read it. 

"It's from Jin. He says there's a doctor looking for you Taehyung," he said, all eyes on Taehyung. 

"Oh, okay," Taehyung answered, scared at the unexpected. Taehyung got closer to Taehyung and squeezed his arm. "I'll be back," he told him in reassurance. 

Jungkook nodded. Taehyung left the room and began his way back to the surgery room, hopeful and nervous to hear what the doctor had to say.

****

So everything is fine, almost. We'll just have to see what happens in the next chapter. I'll be putting up a question/poll in a few minutes on something I want to ask you guys. Please be sure to give me a response once it's up.

Please be sure to comment and vote. Until next time!

- A.