chapter fourteen

| Manhattan, NY |

A week had gone with Jihun visiting in Manhattan. It felt almost peaceful to Jungkook with no contact from Taehyung. Things felt normal and okay for the first time in a while.

Jihun was helping Jungkook set the table since tonight Jimin, Jin, and Alice were coming over for dinner. Jay was giving Taemin a bath who kept splashing the water to get Jay wet.

"Taemin, quit it! I already changed," Jay shouted from the bathroom.

Jihun chuckled which caught Jungkook's attention. "It's funny how brothers interact with each other."

"Yeah, when you count in the arguing and playfighting it's amazing how those two don't hate each other," Jungkook replied with a grin.

By the time Jihun and Jungkook finished setting up the table the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Taemin exclaimed, all dressed up in the clothes that Jungkook had set out for him. Taemin ran to the door and smiled when he saw Jimin, Jin, and Alice.

"Daddy, my uncles and Alice are here!"

"Come on in, guys. We're at the dinner table," Jungkook said and the guests followed Taemin to the table.

"Glad you could make it, guys." Jungkook went over and hugged Jimin, Jin, and Alice. Although, their eyes were fixed on Jihun who smiled shyly in their direction. Jungkook quickly noticed and introduced them.

"Oh and you guys remember Jihun, right? He's visiting us from Los Angeles," Jungkook said, placing his hands around Jihun's shoulders.

Jimin instantly smiled and embraced Jihun, which took Jihun by surprise. "It's so nice to see you again, Jihun! The last time I saw you was when you were as old as Taemin."

"Nice to see you too," Jihun replied.

"Your father didn't happen to come with you," Jin said in a suspicious tone, looking back and forth between Jihun and Jungkook.

"Oh no, it's just Jihun," Jungkook replied in an almost nervous tone.

"I'm guessing not everyone is too fond of my father," Jihun said with a weak chuckle.

"No, we mostly dislike your father a lot, but that has nothing to do with you," Jin said with a smile, but made everyone feel uneasy.

"Alright, well how about we get this feast going," Jay interrupted, standing next to Alice. "I've been waiting all day to eat."

__________

"Guys, we have an announcement to make," Jin said as he stood up in front of everyone. Everybody had been enjoying their meals. Jimin sat next to Jin, Jihun and Taemin sat next to Jungkook, and Alice sat next to Jay. They moved their attention to Jin as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"I just want to say how grateful I am to have such a great family alongside me. It's moments like these that makes me happy to have a wonderful husband and daughter and good friends like you guys. And I love the fact that this family continues to grow, and..." He took hold of Jimin's hand and motioned him to stand up alongside him. "I'm happy to say that we're expected another member of the family."

Alice and Jungkook both gasped and Jin and Jimin looked at each other with such happiness.

"Oh my god," Jungkook exclaimed. He quickly stood up and gave Jin and Jimin the biggest hug. "I'm so happy for you guys! I'm going to be an uncle for the second time!"

"Dads, why didn't you guys tell me?! This is such big news," Alice stood shocked.

"Your dad and I wanted to keep it a secret until we could share the news with everyone," Jin replied.

"You're going to be a big sister," Jimin responded with a smile.

Alice started to tear up a little and quickly went to embrace her parents.

"Congratulations guys," Jay added.

"Yeah, I'm really happy for the two of you," Jihun said.

"Daddy, why is everyone crying," Taemin asked, confused about the situation.

The doorbell rang, but nobody seemed to notice except for Taemin.

"I'll get it," Taemin said and dashed off to the door.

When Taemin opened the door he exclaimed in excitement. Jungkook broke away from Jin and Jimin and checked on Taemin. He walked away from the dinner table and into the hallway towards the front door.

There stood Taehyung hugging Taemin. Jungkook held in his breath and just watched the two reconnect with each other. They broke away from the hug and turned their attention to Jungkook who stared blankly at them.

"Hey, Jungkook," Taehyung said.

"Look, papa is here," Taemin exclaimed.

Taehyung lowered Taemin to the ground and Taemin ran to the dinner table to inform everyone that his father was home.

"What are you doing here," Jungkook said in almost a whisper.

"I needed to come back. The way things ended, I just couldn't leave it like that. Not without seeing the boys again."

"Dad, what's going on," Jay said from behind. They turned their attention where everyone was watching the two.

"Jungkook, what is he doing here," Jin asked sternly.

Jungkook was speechless, so Taehyung responded. "I came to see my boys."

"Okay, but why is Taemin saying that his papa is here? You both told me that it was a one night stand with a total stranger," Jin said, looking back at Jimin and Jungkook. Jimin and Jungkook kept their gaze away from Jin.

"Answer me," Jin shouted.

Jungkook slowly turned his attention away from Taehyung and towards Jin. Jin's face was stern rather than happy like usual. Jihun and Alice stood away from the others and Taemin starting to tear up in Alice's arms. Jimin couldn't look at his husband and turned away from the situation.

"I lied. I lied about Taemin," Jungkook admitted, looking at Jin for any sign of change. "Taehyung is his father. We've been in contact since last month."

Jin shook his head in disapproval. "I can't believe it. You and Jimin lied to me all these years. This guy keeps ruining your life and you still go after him? What the hell is wrong with everyone?!"

"Jin, please, I'm the one who keeps persisting. This isn't Jungkook's fault. If it's anyone, it's me that you should blame," Taehyung cut in.

"You shut up," Jin shouted, pointing his finger at Taehyung. "All you do is bring trouble. I want you out of this house now!" Jin walked towards Taehyung and starts shoving his towards the door. "Get out and don't come back. You're not welcome here!"

"Uncle, stop," Taemin exclaimed in tears.

"Jin, stop," Taehyung exclaimed, pushing Jin back as well.

Jin went full on and starting sending punches towards Taehyung.

"Stop!" Jihun exclaimed. He ran towards the two and tried to break the fight up.

However, Jihun met one of Jin's fists with a heavy blow to the face. Jihun fell to the floor, growing unconscious as Jin continued to beat up Taehyung. The last thing he heard before he fell unconscious was Jimin shouting at Jin to stop and Jay trying to break the two apart from each other.

****

Things are getting heated up! Great way to come back after this little hiatus.

Sorry guys for this overdue update. I had finals and work that kept me occupied from writing, but now Christmas break is here! I'll be updating some more between now and January 6, before the next semester begins.

Remember to leave your thoughts in the comments and vote for this chapter and any other chapters you haven't voted on already. Also, let me know if you'd like a chapter dedicated to you. I'm open to any requests!

Btw, Jimin is the one pregnant since this is an mpreg, in case anyone wasn't sure. Until next time!

-A.