chapter twenty-three

| Los Angeles, CA |

Two months later...

"Kim Taehyung, everybody! His latest album is out now and everybody is going home with a copy," shouted Ellen to the crowd who came to the live show to watch Taehyung perform. Taehyung stood alongside Ellen and smiled at the many faces of cheering fans, waving and blowing kisses at them. He thanked Ellen with a hug and proceeded backstage and finish up for the day. 

He walked past production crew members and other workers in search of Namjoon who should be in the dressing room. Once he got back to the room, Taehyung opened the door and found Namjoon on the phone like the good, hard working manager he is. 

"Yeah, book the plane tickets for Seoul. He'll be performing there for two nights." Namjoon noticed Taehyung's presence. "I'll find you when I get back to my office." Namjoon ended the call.

"So now we're switching to Korea. I thought you wanted me strictly here in the U.S," Taehyung asked, reaching out for one of the water bottles placed at a nearby table. 

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders. "They love you there just as much as here. And it's good for business so we couldn't deny it."

Taehyung nodded in agreement and placed his water back on the table. "Well we're done here. Hoseok and I are going to check out some venues this afternoon. Care to join?"

"My day is nowhere near finished, so I'll pass. You two have fun and find something with a nice dance floor. I need the elbow room," Namjoon said with a grin. 

Taehyung began changing back into his regular clothes in the back where Namjoon couldn't see him. 

"So, have you talked to Jungkook," Namjoon asked unexpectedly, but it was the question of the hour. Taehyung should've expected it. 

"Not since the hospital," he answered, changing shirts. "He's back home, though. Jimin told me a while back. He should be doing fine."

"So, that's it. You've left yourself off the hook again?"

Taehyung shook his head in disagreement. "No, it's not that. I'm just giving them space."

"Well, how much space are you planning to give them? You can't just disappear again without a word," Namjoon explained. 

Taehyung grabbed his shoes and sat on the couch facing Namjoon to put them on. "I'm not. They need a break from me, to get back to normal. Me being around hasn't been the best for Jungkook. When he wants, he can get in touch with me so I'll just wait until then."

Namjoon put out his hands in defeat. "Alright, Tae whatever you say. Just don't go running off again, that's all I'm saying." Namjoon got up and placed his sunglasses on. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Taehyung nodded and Namjoon exited the room. Taehyung grabbed his belongings and placed his phone in his jean pocket and left the room. 

As he made his way out of the building his phone began to vibrate in his pocket. He pulled his phone out to see a voicemail was left. He didn't open it right away, staring at the screen, but he finally opened the voicemail and placed the phone next to his ear. 

"Hey, it's Jungkook. I tried calling, but I would assume you're busy." Jungkook was quiet for a second. "I'm doing fine. Jay and Taemin are doing okay. Just wanted to, um, well only if you're not busy. You probably are though, you've just released your new album, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Taemin's birthday is coming up this week and he'd really like it if you would come. I'm throwing him a party, and well, I'd thought it would be nice if you could come. So yeah, just wanted to drop by and let you know. Okay, bye Taehyung." 

Seconds after the voicemail ended, Taehyung began to dial Jungkook's number. The line rang three times before he picked up. 

"Hello?"

Taehyung smiled at the sound of his voice. "Hey, Jungkook. It's Taehyung." 

"Oh, Taehyung. Did you get my voicemail?"

Taehyung nodded. "Yeah, I got it. I'll come, I promise. I guess let Taemin know I'll be bringing him the biggest present," he said with a chuckle.

"Alright, he'll be happy to hear that," Jungkook replied. 

"Hey, Jungkook?"

"Yeah?"

"It's nice to hear from you again," Taehyung said.

"You too, Taehyung."

****

Short little chapter, but I hope you guys enjoyed! I might plan on doing updates on Thursdays or Fridays, we'll just have to see. 

Leave your thoughts in the comments and vote if you liked this chapter! Until next time!

- A.