Chapter 11

Slowly coming to, you winced at the crick in your neck from sleeping so awkwardly in the back seat of the Impala. Rubbing your neck, you started to sit up, immediately being noticed by Dean. "She's awake!" He exclaimed, acting too bright, too happy to see you that it had you narrowing your eyes at him.

"We're only about thirty minutes away from our destination." He exclaimed, tossing a bag back towards me. He seemed happy, but different than when you had fallen asleep, and you wondered what had made him act like this. You didn't mind it, but it was just different. "Snacks."

Peering through the bag, you were surprised to find a couple different candy bars and snack items, along with a bottle of water. "Thanks Dean." You answered, picking a candy bar and munching away on it.

"So, we were thinking that maybe you could stay back at the motel." Dean started carefully, watching you through the rear view mirror. "Lucifer is not an easy task, especially when your on your first official hunt."

"But Dean..." You started to argue, not wanting to be left behind. Sure, you were worried about Lucifer, and getting in the way, but it also kind of hurt your feelings that he didn't want you by his side. 

"Please Y/N." He pleaded. "After this I'll take you on all the hunts you want. Vampires, ghouls, Rugaru. You and me, maybe even Sam. You can kill as many monsters as you want. But give me this hunt. Let me know you'll be safe on this hunt."

Sighing in defeat, you nodded, watching as a huge smile grew on his face. It was easy to see how relieved he was, and truthfully, you were too. Lucifer was impossible with the most experienced hunter, and scarier than a hungry shark. You had heard tales of Lucifer, of the Apocalypse that almost happened. He was the villain that you had been warned about, and you couldn't believe your husband had fought him, and was getting ready to fight him again. 

By this time the fields had turned to houses and buildings, showing you that you had finally reached your destination. Somewhere in this town was Lucifer, messing with humans, getting ready to start the apocalypse again.  The thought was grounding, and you hoped that the stories you had heard about Sam and Dean were true. Sure, you might not have known their names, but you had always been interested in the men who had single handily stopped the world from ending multiple times. Now, you had the chance to see them in action, even if you were stuck back in the motel room, delegated to research.

"Y/N, don't worry. You'll be safe in the motel room. I'll have Cas ward the entire place." Dean assured you as he slowed down to pull into a shabby motel's parking lot. Called the Saddlebag Inn, it was painted a murky, fading brown, with a horse on the sign. It looked cheesy, and old, and unique. 

"But what about you, Sam and Cas? Lucifer is old and powerful." You objected, scared that you could lose the family that you just found. 

"Don't you worry about us. We know how to take care of ourselves." Dean assured you, before climbing out of the car, heading towards the little lobby that was shaped like a stagecoach. 

"Is this the usual type of hotel you frequent?" You asked Sam as you climbed out of the car, stretching as you went. 

Sam turned to look, shrugging his shoulders as he took in the western curtains hanging from the windows, the wagon wheel bench by the lobby. "It might actually be one of the better ones we've stayed at lately."

Shaking your head, you reached into the back, picking your bag up as Dean came back out, a curious look on his face. Sam must have noticed it too, because he stopped pulling out bags to raise an eyebrow at his brother.

"So, there's good news." Dean started. "They had rooms."

"And?" Sam asked.

"They only had singles left. So, two rooms for the stay!" Dean explained, holding out two old fashioned keys with sheriff star badges. 

Your heart fluttered at the thought of sharing a bed with Dean. The idea of being so close to him, maybe even falling asleep in his arms. It was exciting, and nerve wracking, and you could immediately feel the butterflies that started swarming your belly. "Y/N?" Dean asked, holding his hand out.

Trying to hide the trembling of your hand, you let him pull you along beside him, towards the room on the end. "Room 112." He told you, holding out the sign. "Should we take bets on how cheesy the inside is."

"If the bed is in the shape of a wagon we might have to go somewhere else." You answered back, chuckling softly.

"Deal. Maybe we could find a hotel that has a shell shaped bed. Ohh, or even one that's spaced theme!" He teased you, just as he pushed open the door. It wasn't as cheesy as you thought it might be. Sure, there were the western curtains hanging from the windows, and the braided rug when you first walked inside. Fake leather furniture, and a cowhide on the bed completed the decor. 

"Well, I guess we can stay." You announced as you walked through the door, placing your bag on the dresser. 

"This reminds me of the time I went back in time to the West." Dean muttered as he went and checked out the bathroom. "A lot cheesier, but the same feel."

"Wait, you've gone back in time? How is that even possible?" You asked, plopping down on the bed.

"That's probably a story for another time." He started to say, but he must have changed his mind. Sitting down next to you, he began explaining about his trip back to the Old West, how he had become the sheriff. He talked about the rustic bar, and the Phoenix. It was fascinating, and you had a hard time believing. 

"Was it as cool as the movies make it?" You asked him, completely enthralled in his story.

"No." He answered sadly. "It was dirty and smelly, and full of germs. There was no Impala, and the women were. Well, they weren't like you."

"What do you mean not like me?" You asked him, a smile still playing on your face. It was fun, seeing this playful side of Dean. Hearing about some of the things he's gone through. Things that no one else would ever have the chance to do.

"Not beautiful and sweet like you." He answered, making you blush.