Part 48-The End

Tears slid down your cheek as you stared down at the note clutched in your hand. It was such an unexpected item to find. So sweet, so unlike your Mom. It touched your heart, more than you could have imagined, and you felt so many emotions all at once. Love, grief, sorrow that your Mom would never get to meet her granddaughter.

"What is it?" Dean asked, ketchup dangling from his lip, his eyes full of concern. "Do we need to salt and burn it?"

You shook your head, still too shook up to talk. Sniffling, you tucked the note back between the pages of the book, staring down at your sleeping daughter with so much love. "It was a note. From my Mom."

Dean nodded as if that explained everything before shoving a french fry in his mouth.

"She hated the compounds. She was the one who planned our marriage," you smiled sadly. "She knew how right you were for me."

"For each other," he argued.

"She says the compounds have changed, for the worst, but we could fix them. If we wanted to," you whispered, swirling your french fry through the fry sauce, making no effort to take a bite.

Dean's hamburger froze halfway up to his mouth. "Is that what you want?"

Shrugging, you finally took a bite just as Myra started to stir. "I don't know. I know I don't want children growing up the way I did, but...,"

"It's a lot of responsibility," Sam finished for you. "And something you don't have to think of now."

The rest of the meal was eaten in silence. Sam had taken Myra from you, and you watched as he stared down at his niece in awe. "I think she needs to be changed," you muttered when she started to squirm in his arms. His eyes widened at that, but he picked up the diaper bag, heading to the bathroom much to your surprise.

"Is Sam really changing a diaper?" You asked Dean, who nodded.

Dean reached over, squeezing your hand. "I think he wanted to give us a moment alone. I'll have to thank him for that later."

"Dean, all i want is to raise our daughter safely. To let her know she is loved and can make her own decisions. I don't know if I can fix the compounds at the same time."

"As Sam said, we don't have to think about that now," he assured you. "I just want to get back to the bunker. To finally relax after being gone for so long. I still smell sulfur wherever I go."

Sam came back then, Myra with her fist wrapped around his index finger. "How did it go?" You asked him.

"We figured it out," he answered.

You took your daughter from him, buckling her back in her car seat while Dean cleared off the table. Within minutes you were back in the Impala, Sam, and Dean talking quietly in the front seat while you sat in the back with your daughter. The motion of the car had your eyes drifting shut, the stress of the past couple of days easily putting you to sleep.

You felt arms wrap around you, lifting you up and out of the car. "Myra," you whispered, trying to open your eyes, but they refused.

"Sam's got her," Dean whispered, his arms tight around you. "Let me take care of you."

You wanted your daughter, but you were exhausted and Dean's arms felt so good around you. Snuggling deeper into his embrace, you smiled up at him. "Missed this so much."

"So did I," he answered. "Every night in Hell, I imagined holding you in my arms again. And my imagination never came close to the real thing."

You felt his lips against your forehead as he placed you gently down on the bed before you fell back to sleep.

Warm and comfortable, you woke to the sound of your baby girl crying in the room across from yours. The baby monitor was placed right by your head, your daughters cries loud and clear, sending you straight up.

Dean was wide awake as well, his knife in his hand as he came to grips with what was happening. "Myra!" He exclaimed, jumping out of bed.

You reached out, stopping him. "Dean, it's okay. She's probably just hungry and needs her diaper changed. You go back to sleep, I've got this."

"Can I come?" He asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Of course."

Throwing on Dean's flannel over your own clothes to ward against the chill, you quickly made your way to the nursery. Your daughter's little arms were flailing about, her wails loud. "Shh, it's okay," you whispered.

Dean was already getting the diaper's ready, and it made your heart full to see him caring for you daughter. You stayed to the back as he changed his daughte'rs diaper. You fell in love with the man even more then. It made you realize that you would go through it all again. The community, the pain of never fitting in. Getting kidnapped by Lucifer. All of it led you to Dean, and that was something you would always be grateful for.

"What?" He asked as Myra quieted down.

"I'm so happy," you whispered, brushing a tear from your cheek. "Life has turned out so much better than I ever thought it would. I have a beautiful daughter, and I have the love of an amazing man. A man I love more than I ever thought possible. Is this heaven?"

Dean wrapped his arm around your, his other hand gently rocking your daughter. Pressing a kiss to your temple, he sighed happily. "It's better than heaven. Because we're all together."