Chapter 27

'

With each step on the sidewalk, you forced yourself to head towards Lucifer. Toward what would probably be your doom. It scared you, more than you wanted to admit to anyone. Your heart pounded, so fast you were scared it would rip out of your chest like one of those silly cartoons. Your shirt was sticking to your back, from the mugginess of the city, but also your nerves.

Your thoughts weren't on what waited in front of you, but what you had left behind. Dean's smiling face, and shimmering green eyes were foremost in your mind, along with the life with him you could have had.

Never in your life had you imagined that your arranged marriage would turn into something more. That you would actually fall in love with your husband. Maybe even bring children into the world with him.

But you were scared that would never happen now. There was no way that Lucifer would let you go, even with the spell you had hiding. You just hoped you could distract him long enough before he ended up killing you, so your boys could stop the virus from spreading.

Lost in thought, you accidentally bumped shoulders with a man, almost getting knocked to the ground in the process. "Sorry," you mumbled, turning to move around him when he reached out, roughly grabbing your arm.

"Watch where you're going," he muttered, his face full of anger and something a little more sinister.

"I said sorry," you told him, trying to pull your arm from his grasp. You were beginning to realize you were in the seediest part of town. Windows were barred, most of the walls covered in graffiti. Women in skimpily clad outfits stood on the corner a couple of blocks away, and you could hear sirens in the distance. "Let me go."

"I think I need to teach a pretty little thing like you a lesson," he muttered low, his tongue darting out to lick at his lips, his meaning perfectly clear as his eyes roamed your body.

"Hell no," you argued, pulling harder now, but he was strong, much bigger than you, and he easily pushed you into the alleyway and against the rough wall.

Struggling against his hold, you got a kick to his shin, and earned a backhand to the face, your lip split instantly. As blood spilled from your lip, his hand roughly cupped you through your jeans, and you cried out in fear. "No," you pleaded, and he only smiled, reaching up to rip open your shirt, eyeing your plain nude bra.

"This is turning out to be a great day," he told you, ripping open your bra, his fingers roughly pinching your nipple. With one hand around your neck, he moved the other one down, unbuttoning your jeans, about ready to stick his hand in when he was roughly pulled away.

Not even paying attention to who saved you, you quickly pulled your shirt together, ready to run.

"Not so fast Y/N," came Lucifer's voice as he made you freeze. "I just saved you, so why are you running off? Again? I'm not a very patient man."

"How did you find me?" You asked, your body refusing to follow your commands. He had you trapped. You could barely see to the side where your attacker lay on the ground, nothing more than a smoldering pile, an acrid smell in the air.

"Y/N, I'm Satan himself. I knew the second you came into my city. What I want to know is why?" He asked, running his hand under your chin, tilting your head up so you could stare into his cold eyes.

"I didn't know you were here," you mumbled, trying to school your features. "I came to get away from Dean, and..., thank you for saving me," you ended.

"Away from Dean?" He seemed surprised. "Don't tell me that alcoholic husband of yours wasn't good to you."

"I couldn't handle living with him anymore," you told him. "I needed out. Needed to experience life away from hunting and hunters."

"Well, you came to the right place. I'd love to have you by my side. Especially to make sure you aren't pulling a fast one on me."

"No, I promise I'm not," you insisted, waiting to see what would happen. Either he would believe you, and your plan would work. Or he would see right through you, and with a snap of your fingers you would be gone.

"Well see," he answered. "But for now, let's get you off the street and into something that's not as ruined."

With a snap of his fingers the graffiti and dead man were gone, replaced by a nice sized apartment. It was fully furnished, a mixture of red and black furniture, a giant TV across the couch, windows showing that you were at least ten stories off the ground. Shivering, you pulled your ruined shirt tight around you. "I forgot, you don't like the cold," he mumbled to himself, and you gradually felt the room warm up. With another snap of his fingers, your clothes were gone, a red silk robe in their place, nothing underneath.

"Can I have regular clothes?" You asked him, feeling immediately uncomfortable in nothing but silk.

"No, I want to make sure your hiding nothing else, like that spell," he answered, making your heart plummet. "So it's either this robe, or you can walk around with nothing on."

"But," you started to argue.

"I figured running into you was too good to be true. And I have no idea what you're up to, but that spell is long gone. So now it's just you, and me," he said. "But I want to know, where's Dean?"

"Dean's not here," you answered. "He's back at the bunker, trying to figure out a way to stop the virus from spreading. That's why I came. He doesn't know I'm here. But I thought you and I had a connection That maybe I could plead with you, have you stop the virus before it becomes widespread."

"Oh sweetie, that's not going to happen," he chuckled. "But you're with me now, and I can keep you safe from the virus. Soon, it will be just you, me and the Demons I use as my minions. A perfect world."

But," you tried arguing.

"Now, I know you have to be tired from your ordeal, so why don't you rest. Then we'll have dinner together. Nothing too much, because I still think you could lose a couple of pounds. We can't have the concubine of Lucifer looking like a slob, can we?" He muttered, before snapping his fingers together once again.

This time he transported you to a bedroom, furnished almost exactly like the main room. A giant black enameled bed stood proudly in the middle, silk black sheets tucked in on top. A door led off to the bathroom, another door to the right. It was locked, as were the windows, your own luxury prison. You were once again Lucifer's prisoner, and you weren't sure you had been able to help Dean and his mission at all.

"Dean, I'm so sorry," you whispered, staring out across the city, saddened that your plan had been so quickly ruined. You just hoped that the rest of the plan went off smoothly.