Part 44

Your reunion was short-lived. Crowley came and broke the two of you apart. "Let's get you two up to the top before Sam and Cas come tearing my place to shreds."

Dean helped you to your feet, keeping his arm wrapped around your shoulders. "What about that noise outside?"

Crowley glanced towards the hidden door, shrugging his shoulders. "Oh, that? They'll let us through."

"Crowley!" You exclaimed. "They just tried to kill both of us not too long ago. What's changed?"

He looked sheepishly away for a moment. "Nothing. They are unruly, and they won't listen. They're supposed to listen to me! I'm the one who called them. I'm their master!" He yelled, throwing his hands up in the air.

Rolling his eyes, Dean looked between you and Crowley. "What the hell are they?"

You really didn't know except for the fact that they had been disgusting with nothing but malicious intent towards both you and Crowley. "A mixture of the undead, and tortured souls from down here in Hell. A great combination, if they would only listen to me!"

"So we have one annoying Demon, a very pregnant woman, and me, a weak but no longer cage dweller hunter. No match against an army," Dean grumbled.

"We don't have to be a match," Crowley argued, confusing both you and Dean. "We just need to let them in here."

"With us?" Both you and Dean exclaimed at the same time, wondering if Crowley had officially lost his mind. "How is that supposed to help us?"

"Dean, I really have not missed you at all," Crowley muttered. "And Y/N, I would have thought better of you. If we lock them in here, they can't enter the world up top."

"But we'll still be in here," you argued.

"Y/N darling, there is always another secret entrance or exit in Hell. You just have to know where to look."

Dean threw his hands up in the air, while Lucifer chuckled in the cage. "You're just telling me this now?"

Lucifer stood up, his hands tucked in his pockets. "This is better than any daytime tv show. Please don't leave now."

"Shut up!" You all yelled at once, before Crowley sauntered off to the other side of the room, tapping the stone walls with his knuckles. It was about the tenth tap that the wall slid open, revealing yet another darkened hallway. "Here we are. This will lead all the way up to the entrance to Hell. You'll be back in that dreary Bunker before you know it."

Dean stepped away from you, pressing his ear against the main doorway. "They're getting antsy out there. Better hurry it up."

Crowley handed you another blade. "You two go. I'll lock them up in here. You'll hear from me soon, letting you know that I've got everything handled."

Dean took your hand, pulling you into the hallway. Crowley followed behind, shutting the door behind you, leaving you in total darkness. You stayed there for a moment, listening and waiting. It was only seconds later you heard the scraping of stones, groans and growls coming from those horrid things. "Y/N, we've got to go!" Dean exclaimed, pulling at your hand.

"But Dean, what if they get into the cage?" You asked. "What if they let Lucifer out?"

"They won't," Dean threw over his shoulder. "At least I hope they're not that smart. But Crowley is in there, and they are his problem now."

Dean rounded a corner, one hand stretched out in front of him guiding the way, the other holding your hand tightly. As he moved to continue down the dark and creepy hidden tunnel, you felt this cramp in your stomach before something wet slid down your legs. "Dean," you called out, immediately knowing what it meant.

"Just a little bit farther," He answered, not looking back, wanting to put as much distance between him and the undead army.

Gritting your teeth, you continued on, your hand pressed to your swollen belly. It was your first child, and you had heard stories of how the first child took forever to birth. You would be fine. As long as you could get out of this place and back to the bunker.

It was only a couple of steps later you found the first contraction ripping through your system. You wanted to cry out, but you bit your tongue instead. If Dean knew..., you had no idea what he would do. But you wanted out of Hell before your little girl came into the world. "Y/N?" Dean asked, no doubt feeling your grip on his hand tighten.

"Just go," you grumbled, the contraction over.

It was almost another 100 feet before you were at the end of the tunnel, another hidden door no doubt in front of you. "Now what? Freaking Crowley!" Dean yelled, slamming his hand against the grimy stone in dismay. "This was no doubt a ploy, and...,"

"Dean, here," you interrupted him, pointing to a thin bead of light off to the side. While he pushed and pulled, attempting to get the door open, you leaned against the wall, taking short shallow breaths. Your lower back was killing you, the muscles around your stomach clenching, no doubt getting ready for another set of contractions.

"I've got it!" Dean exclaimed, pushing the door to the side. Light bathed your face, the sun bright in the sky in front of you. You were in some small farm town, a field of golden wheat waving in front of you. "Y/N? What's wrong?" Dean asked, finally seeing the pain etched onto your face.

"Our baby," you panted. "She's in a hurry to meet you."

Dean's entire demeanor changed three times in the course of seconds. Going from relieved to be away from the pits to hell, to ecstatic that his daughter would soon be here too scared. Scared that she was on the way, and you were away from everything you needed or knew.

"We need to find a hospital," he ordered, glancing around. In the sunlight, you could see how harsh the cage had been on him. His once sturdy frame was thin, his shoulders bowed. His hair was long, curling over his forehead. He had fine lines that hadn't been there before. But it was his eyes. They were haunting, everything he had gone through captured forever in their green orbs.

Dean turned in a circle, the doorway to Hell instantly shutting. "Can you handle a little walk? He asked you. "I think the main town is up there."

You nodded, but another contraction sent you almost to your knees, and Dean was instantly at your side. "What do I do?" He asked, as you took quick, shallow breaths. "Cas! Get your feathery ass down here! Pronto!"