Chapter 26

Traveling with Cas was not something you thought you would ever get used to. The feeling of weightlessness, the sudden drop of your stomach. It was uncomfortable, and you were scared that you might end up vomiting.

It was over in a matter of seconds, but that was still too long for you, and you found yourself doubled over, taking deep breaths as soon as you landed. "Traveling like that is always hard at first," Cas explained, standing next to you.

Once you felt like you wouldn't throw up on Cas' shoes, you stood up, glancing around the new area with interest. It was warm and humid, with tall buildings surrounding you. "Lucifer is on the other side of town," Cas started to explain. "I just didn't want to land too close, have him notice."

"That's alright, I understand," you assured Cas. "But how am I going to know where to find him?"

"Y/N, I think he will find you," Cas told you exactly what you feared. "But you have the spell and it's ingredients hidden?"

"I do," you assured him, reaching up to pull him into a hug, the Angel straight and awkward in your grasp. "Just keep Dean safe for me. Please?"

"You know that's impossible," Cas argued.

"Just try, okay?" You pleaded, and he nodded. "Keep both of those boys safe, and make Dean promise that no matter what happens, he doesn't give up on stopping the shipments."

"Y/N, I know I'm not good with human interaction, but this sounds very much like you don't expect to come out of this alive."

"Cas, I just," you sighed. "I have a feeling Lucifer is not going to be very happy with me, and I don't think he will let me leave alive. Even with the spell."

"Then don't go. We'll figure something else out," Cas tried to tell you, but you had your mind made up. You needed to do this. You needed to stand up for what you believed in. For all the lives lost at the hunting community.

"Goodbye Cas," you whispered, before turning the corner and disappearing in the crowd. Taking a deep breath, you began walking towards the other end of town, hoping that you could make this work. That you could stall Lucifer long enough that Dean could once again save the world.

Dean's POV

It felt as if a part of my heart was ripped from my chest as Y/N vanished with Cas, heading to face Lucifer himself. I knew she was strong, and that she could probably handle herself, but I also knew Lucifer was a tricky bastard, and he was probably pissed that she had slipped out of his hands.

"Dean, I know you're worried about Y/N. But we really need to concentrate on stopping these shipments before they're given out to everyone," Sam told me, trying to get my head in the game.

Taking a deep breath, I nodded, throwing my bag over my shoulder, sliding into the front seat of the Impala, knowing we had to make up time quick if we were going to stop the transport of the virus. Our plan was pretty straight forward, and I hoped like hell it would work. I would drop Sam off in town, letting him steal his own car and drive west, while I drove north. Cas, as soon as he was done with Y/N, would head East, taking the farthest transport. That was it, our plan. Each of us would be working on the run. No idea exactly what we would be facing, just knowing that we couldn't fail.

Sam and I drove silently down the empty road, both of us ready for the fight in front of us, while I couldn't help but worry about Y/N. Hoping that Lucifer wouldn't snap her neck the moment he saw her.

Stopping on the outside of town, near the mall, I dropped Sam off, grabbing his arm. "Sam, stay safe. I don't think I can handle losing both you and Y/N."

"You won't, I promise," he answered, and then he was gone.

Taking a deep breath, I turned on the radio, loud enough to drown my thoughts before turning north to the distribution center in Cheyenne Wyoming. Wishing I could turn around and head down to Oklahoma City and stop Y/N before she literally sacrificed herself to Lucifer.

But I couldn't, I knew that. I promised her I wouldn't, that I would stick to my job. That I would trust her enough to do her end of the job. It was hard, but I had to prove to her that I believed enough in her.

I couldn't wait until this was all over, and I could take her on the honeymoon like I had promised. Spending at least a week uninterrupted, finally having the chance to be alone. Right now that was the main thought that kept me going.

Pulling over for gas, I checked my phone for messages, seeing that Sam had sent me two. One that he had gotten away with a car, the other that he was halfway to his destination. As I walked in to buy a snack, I dialed Cas' phone number, thinking I should have heard from him by now. "Hey Cas, how are things?"

"What things?" Cas asked, making me roll my eyes.

"Did you get Y/N in place?" I sighed, handing cash over to the cashier before heading back out.

"Sort of. I dropped her off in Oklahoma City, far enough away from Lucifer that he didn't realize I was there. She was on her way to meet up with him when I left."

"And where are you now?" I asked him, pulling away from the gas station.

"I'm at Lexington now. The truck should be here in fifteen minutes, and I've already figured out a plan on how to stop it."

"I'll be in Cheyenne in an hour, the truck isn't due there until almost six tonight. So, if you get done with yours, maybe head out and help Sam," I suggested.

"I will. And Dean, I'm worried that Y/N isn't expecting to come out of this alive," Cas told me. "She was saying her goodbyes."

"I was afraid of that," I mumbled, running a hand along my mouth. "But if you head back to Oklahoma City, he's sure to snap her neck then. So we just have to wait, and hope for the best, no matter how much it pains me to say that."

"I think it will work out. At least I hope so. Dean, stay safe, and let me know if you need help."

Hanging up the phone, I continued on the road, feeling almost worse now that I had talked to Cas.