Chapter 12

"Not beautiful and sweet like you." He answered, making you blush.

"Hey guys, we've got a hunt to do!" Sam yelled through the door, and Dean rolled his eyes. Trying to hide a giggle, you watched as Dean walked over to the door, opening it and Sam almost fell through. "Have you called Cas yet?"

"Nope. Was just regaling Y/N with our adventure to the Ole' West." Dean told him proudly, winking at you.

Shaking his head, Sam came and sat down at the table, his laptop in his arms. Sighing Dean closed his eyes, tilted his face upwards. "Hey Cas buddy. We're here, so get your feathery ass down here."

"That's how you talk to an angel?" You remarked as soon as Dean was done. "I thought prayers had to be nice."

"Well, most Angels are dicks, so it doesn't matter." Dean grumbled. "Wait, did you pray in that community of yours?"

"There was a church, and yes, we made use of it and prayers. I always wondered about Angels, and God." You thought out loud, watching as the two brothers exchanged looks. "What is it now? You're going to tell me you've met God too. I don't want to hear it if he's what you call a dick too."

"Well, we have met him. I wouldn't exactly call him a dick. Just weird." Dean muttered. "He had gone on a sabbatical, and it took finding him to defeat the darkness."

"Wow." You breathed. It still shocked you, even after being around these men for a while, all they had seen and done. To you, God had just been a thought, someone that you watched people obsess over. For them to actually have known the man, it was even more mind bending than anything else you had discovered so far.

"Yeah, it was different. Finding out the deadbeat writer was actually God himself." Dean joked, but you weren't sure he was joking.

"Wait, you're telling me God lived on Earth? As a writer?" You questioned, and Sam nodded.

"Yep, known as Chuck Shurley. Even wrote the books on us." He explained.

"I've heard of those books." You said. "But they were banned from the compound. Something about giving young kids the wrong ideas about hunting."

"As much as I hate those books, I think I hate your community more." Dean grumbled just as Cas appeared in the room.

"Dean, Sam. Y/N. I've been waiting for your arrival." Cas said as he glanced between the three of you. "Lucifer has been busy, and I'm afraid he's not going to stay in town much longer."

"We just need you to ward the place, then we can get going." Dean answered back, grabbing his duffel bag and pulling out a spray can.

"Dean, I don't think the hotel owners will appreciate that very much." You argued.

"I agree Dean." Sam answered. "I don't think Lucifer will even realize Y/N's with us, let alone try to come find her."

"No. I don't want to take any chances." Dean argued, and Cas took a step closer to you. Pressing his hand to your chest, you quickly felt pain and cried out.

"I am warding her ribs, much like I warded yours. It's painful, but then you will be invisible to Angels." Cas explained.

"Even Lucifer?" You asked, the pain vanishing as quickly as it had come on.

"I believe so." Cas answered as he stepped back. "I still think we should ward the place, to be safe. I don't know what lengths Lucifer will go to, but I..."

"Guys, I will be fine. I do have hunter training, and I know some of the sigils. If I feel the need to, I will draw them on the wall. But please, don't worry about me. I need you guys on top shape for taking down Lucifer." You insisted.

"I still don't..." Dean started to say, but you stepped forward, wrapping your arms around him. It surprised him, and it took a moment before he relaxed enough to wrap his arms around you.

"Dean, I'll be fine. After all, I don't think Lucifer even knows I exist. I just want you guys to go out there, and get rid of him. Once and for all." You pleaded against his chest.

"Fine. But at the slightest hint of trouble, you do as many wards and sigils as you can. Sam will leave a list behind." Dean insisted, and you nodded. "I just want to make sure you're safe. You've seem to wiggle your way into my heart, and I don't even want to think about..."

"Then don't." You spoke up, ignoring the heady feeling at his words.

After pressing a kiss to his cheek, you watched as the three men left you behind in the room. Dean glanced behind him as he held onto the door, his face showing how hard this was for him. Sure, he had been the one who had wanted to leave you behind. But he didn't like leaving you unprotected. But you weren't. Sam had drawn every warding sigil he could think of, leaving you with plenty of spray paint to get the job done. Cas had hidden you against Angels. You were protected. And you could take care of yourself.

The room was awfully quiet with the three men gone, and you turned on the TV, needing some sort of noise to fill the void. TV was still relatively new to you. Only a select households had TV's in the compound. Yours had been one, but it had been mainly for the adults. A way to keep an eye on the news. Seldom did they let the youth watch it, thinking the new shows would corrupt them.

With each day away from the compound, you began to realize how much it took from you. How much of life you were missing out on with the strict rules. Sure, it might work for some people, but you were enjoying your life away from it, and you never really wanted to go back. It seemed so foreign to you now, so gray and void of life now that you lived in the bunker. Now that Dean was your husband. Dean brought color to your life, and you knew it was just going to get better from here.

Lounging on the bed, you clicked through the channels, not sure what to watch, finally settling on some black and white movie. Relaxing, your eyes closed, when you felt a warm hand on your shoulder. Opening your eyes quickly, you frowned when you realized no one was there. The hand felt so real, but you were still alone in your room.

Sighing, you turned to your side, where you could still see the movie even though your eyes continued to drift shut. Almost asleep, you felt the hand once again, a deep male voice whispering into your ear. "I didn't realize Dean had gotten married. What a delectable morsel you are. You'll do the trick perfectly."

Feeling lips brush your cheek, you tried to wake up, struggling when darkness met your eyes. "Shh, this won't hurt. Just because I'm Lucifer doesn't mean I'm going to hurt everyone I meet."

Ji��