Chapter 34

Shaking my head, I could only stare towards Lucifer, wondering if I heard right. If he had really said wife and unborn child. I could see the paleness of Y/N's face, her eyes wide as she struggled to get away from Lucifer. And it was then I knew it didn't matter what he said. I knew I would do everything in my power to get Y/N safely away.

"Lucifer, I'm used to your tricks by now. Let her go...,"

"Or what? You won't throw me into the cage?" He spat. "Just like you said, I'm used to your tricks as well. So I think I'll hold on to the little expecting Mother until your Minions release me."

"Dean, don't you listen to him," she insisted. "Do whatever needs to be done to throw him in the cage."

I couldn't help myself. I had to ask. "Y/N...is what he said...is it true?"

Licking her lips, she looked up at me, everything else forgotten. "I think so. At least Lucifer and Crowley say so. They wanted to use it against you."

I knew then that I would do anything to make sure Y/N was safe. Turning my attention, I was about ready to undo the chant opening the cage when I heard a commotion behind me. Cas was flying in the air towards me. Bracing myself as he fell down, I could feel both of us being sucked in to the giant vortex behind me.

"Cas, move!" I yelled, trying to gain my footing all the while watching as Sam and Y/N grappled with Lucifer. Cas grabbed a hold of the heavy couch before pulling me to my feet. Y/N had broken free from Lucifer, racing over to me, leaving Sam all alone to fight.

"Y/N!" I yelled, pulling her to me, kissing the top of her head. "I need you out of here so I can concentrate on this. Think you can do that?"

"I don't want to leave you," she argued, but I shook my head.

"We only have a short amount of time before the cage closes, and I need to be able to concentrate. Go, find the nearest cafe, and we'll meet you there!"

Taking a deep breath, you quickly pressed her lips to mine before she was gone from my arms. "Sam, over here!" I called out, watching as Sam tackled Lucifer to the ground while the entire room shook. Racing over, I grabbed a hold of Lucifer, slamming the spelled handcuffs on his hands just as Y/N raced around us.

Stopping with her hand on the door, she stared back at me for a moment before she was through the door, leaving us to struggle with Lucifer. As quick as she was gone, Lucifer stopped struggling, knocking all three of us to the ground. "Well, this changes things," he mumbled with both Sam and I on top of him.

Cas helped me to my feet just as Sam stood up, making sure that Lucifer's hands were still cuffed. Reaching down, I grabbed Lucifer by the cuff, pulling him to his feet. The vortex was still swirling about, sucking everything inside it's greedy black hole. Shoving Lucifer closer towards it, I almost felt giddy. This was it. We were finally going to shove Lucifer back into the cage, once and for all.

"You think this is over," Lucifer spat, his eyes glowing red, but with the cuffs he wasn't able to do anything more than growl at us.

"Well, you are Lucifer, so it's probably never over. But I hope you stay down there for a very long time," I told him, pushing him closer to the hole, feeling the force of it trying to suck us both in.

"I will be back, and as soon as I'm back I will go for Y/N," he promised. "I will never stop."

"I will find a way to kill you if you try," I answered.

"Dean, just push him in!" Sam exclaimed, standing back out of the pull of the vortex.

With enough force, I slammed both hands on Lucifer's chest, shoving him back. Turning to smile at Cas and Sam in victory before I closed the cage, I suddenly felt something reach up, wrapping its arms around me.

"If I go, you go pretty boy," Lucifer whispered as we both started falling. "I had one brother to torture, now it's your turn."

My eyes wide, reaching through the air, trying to grasp Sam's hand, I felt myself falling backwards. The cuffs holding Lucifer powerless were wrapped around my neck.

"Dean!" Both Sam and Cas screamed. I was grateful that Y/N wasn't here to see this as I fell into the black void with Lucifer.

Your POV

Leaving that room had been one of the hardest things you had ever done. Knowing that anything could happen in there. Lucifer was unpredictable, and more powerful than you could imagine. Anything could be happening in there.

But you had promised Dean, and you couldn't go back on that. He had risked everything to come save you, and you just had to have faith that everything would work out.

Your heart beating furiously, you stepped into the stairwell, the interior immediately changing from one of glam and luxury to moldy and disgusting. The scent of decay turning your stomach as you took the stairs as quick as you could. Down each flight, worried that you would be caught. Wondering where Lucifer's Demon servants were.

Finally you were in the deserted foyer of the apartment complex. The windows were boarded over, the tile covered in dust. You could just barely make out the shadows of people in front of the building, and you quickly turned to go towards the back of the building. Making your way past overturned tables, shattered windows and piles of trash, you looked for a way out. One large window was completely shattered, a piece of board hanging down. Making sure there were no large pieces to slice you, you slid out of the window, standing in some alleyway. With no idea where you were, you made your way down the alley, away from the front of the building. Past graffiti walls to one of the main streets. Just ahead was a small cafe, and you slipped inside.

The place was almost empty, just a couple of old men sipping coffee at the bar. Sinking into a booth, you took the offered menu, trying to calm your racing heart. Your hands were shaking, and you ordered a glass of water. You had no idea how long you would be sitting here, and your wallet wasn't in the pair of flannel pajamas you were currently wearing.

You no doubt looked a site. Wearing nothing more than pajamas, your eyes wide, your face pale. "Oh honey, is everything okay?" Your waitress asked, setting the glass down.

"It's just been a long couple of days," you answered. "Is it alright if I sit here for a little bit? I'm supposed to meet up with someone, but I don't know when they'll be here."

"Of course honey," she answered. "Take all the time you need."

Leaving you to look over the menu, she went back behind the bar. Taking a deep breath, you sat the menu down, watching through the window, tapping your fingers against the table.

Time passed, and you began to worry that something had happened. That things hadn't gone smoothly. Wondering if you should head back, knowing that Dean would be furious if you did. "Here sweetie. It's on the house," the waitress spoke up, placing a hamburger and fries in front of you. "Looks like you could use something good to eat."

"Thank you," you answered, just as the bell above the door sounded, and two men stepped inside. Two very familiar men, but not the one you were wanting to see. Peering behind Sam and Cas, you were searching for Dean when you saw the heartbreak on Sam's face.