Chapter 25

Starting on your second cup of coffee, Dean's fumbling footsteps were heard through the hallway, before he rounded the corner, running his hands through his hair as he tried to wake up. Wearing his boxers, slippers and the gray robe, he had just rolled out of bed, looking extremely handsome.

"Hey Y/N," he mumbled, leaning down to press a kiss to your cheek as you handed him a cup of coffee. "Thought you would still be in bed."

"I needed coffee. And to get going on our plan," you explained, your words waking him up instantly.

"Do we have to talk about that yet?" He muttered, sitting down across from you just as Sam came back into the kitchen, Cas right behind him.

"Dean, it is time," Sam explained. "Cas, found a spell to use. An ancient Enochian one that will give Y/N the chance to escape from Lucifer any time she needs to. It's literally fool proof."

"That's what I'm not afraid of. I'm afraid of the tricky bastard Lucifer figuring out our plan and turning against her," Dean grumbled, standing up and pacing the small area in front of you.

"What's the spell?" You asked, trying to ignore how set against this plan Dean was.

"It involves blood, an Angel's feather, and holy oil. It can be mixed ahead of time. Just throw it to the ground, and say these three words in Enochian, and it will transport you back to the bunker."

"See Dean!" You exclaimed, walking over to Dean and wrapping your arms around him, pressing your cheek to his chest. "That's a perfect spell. So I'll just go, distract Lucifer, and you, Sam and Cas will save the world, like usual."

"I realize there's no other way," he mumbled, wrapping his arms around you. "Doesn't mean I like it though."

"So, when do I leave?" You asked Cas, who stared at Dean with an unreadable expression on his face.

"In five minutes. As soon as you're dressed. We need to leave quickly as well, if we're going to stop those trucks before they head to all the national chains. We've wasted enough time already."

"Come on Dean," you ordered, grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the room, your stomach swirling with nerves. Sure, you were putting on a strong front for Dean, but you were actually terrified.

"Dean's POV

Letting Y/N drag me into her bedroom, I felt like my entire world was being torn apart. I had just gotten her back from Lucifer, and now I felt as if I was throwing her right back into his arms. Just when things were starting to look up. Our night together last night had been amazing, making me fall even further for this beautiful person, and I couldn't shake the feeling that this wasn't going to end well.

Standing at the foot of the bed, I watched as she pulled out her favorite flannel, and a pair of jeans. Nibbling on her lip, she peered my way before pulling off the shirt she had borrowed from me, standing there in nothing but her sweat pants. Slipping on her bra and shirt, she continued to stare my way, and I could see her mind working fast. "Dean, I know we don't have much time. But I just wanted to say, if this doesn't work out...,,"

"Y/N, don't," I insisted. "I hate these goodbyes. It seems so final, and I don't want that with you. So get dressed, give me a kiss, and go be the badass I've realized that I've married."

"Really?" She whispered, slipping into her jeans before standing in front of me. "I've been trying to keep positive about this, but I'm absolutely terrified. I want to stop this, and I'm willing to die if it means that millions get to live. But I'm happy, happier than I've ever been in my entire life, and I want to spend more time with you."

"And it will happen," I promised her even though I wasn't even sure. "As soon as we get all of this taken care of, you and I are finally getting a trip to ourselves. Pick the place, and we'll go."

"That sounds amazing," she whispered, standing on her tiptoes to press a kiss to my cheek. "I'll hold you to that."

Pressing my forehead to hers, I took a deep breath, breathing in that wonderful, comforting fragrance of hers. "Just please be safe," I pleaded with her.

"I will try," was the answer she gave, before I left her to head into my room. Shutting the door, I leaned against it, pressing my forehead against the cool wood, trying to calm myself. I hated feeling this out of control, this helpless. Growling low in my throat, I slid my arm across the dresser, knocking everything off, wishing it would make me feel better. Knowing there was nothing that would calm this fury running through me until Y/N was safe, and the rest of the world was too.

Slipping on my maroon flannel and faded pair of jeans, I made my walk back towards the library, hearing a hushed conversation around the corner. Stepping into the room, it immediately stopped, Sam and Y/N acting guilty as they glanced my way. Cas, always oblivious, was at the table, pouring a wicked looking mixture into a small vial, no doubt the spell he had talked about.

"There, it will last up to a week. Just remember these words as you smash it into the ground," he explained to Y/N as she wrapped a bandage over her arm.

Taking a deep breath, she nodded, carefully placing it into her pocket before nervously clapping her hands together. "Lucifer is in Oklahoma City. I'll transport you there, as close to him as possible. He should have sentries that will notice you roaming around, and take you to him. From there, you'll keep him occupied however you can, for as long as you can. I will send a message to you as soon as we've completed our task, and you get out of there as fast as you can." Cas explained, reaching over and grabbing her hand.

Softly smiling, Y/N took one last deep breath, blowing me a kiss before she was gone, with Cas, leaving me with my brother, feeling as if my whole world had just crashed down. Knowing I needed to keep it together, I turned to Sam, raising an eyebrow. "So, what was with the guilty looks earlier?"

"I really shouldn't," he muttered, before sighing. "But Y/N, she was making me promise to look after you. To make sure that you complete the job without worrying about her too much. Dean, she made me promise that if things go south to not go looking for her. To leave her to deal with Lucifer no matter what."