Teddy Bear

By the time you were finished shopping, the car was completely full. In fact, you had to squeeze in the front with Sam and Cas, holding a couple of stuffed animals on your lap. Cas had gone completely overboard with the stuffed animals, buying a few himself when you had tried putting them back.

You had been given the 20 percent discount, Sam coming away with the cashier's phone number even though you had insisted he hadn't needed to. But with all the items you had picked out, a discount had been really nice. Even if you had used one of your fake credit cards to purchase them.

Seeing all the items in the back made your heart flutter. Everything seemed to be in different shades of pink, fluffy and bright and beautiful. Your crib was a gleaming white, and you even had decorations for the wall of the room. Everything was coming together, and if you believed Crowley, you could even have Dean home before you gave birth.

Thinking of Dean, you reached down, feeling the crumpled paper in your pocket. Hoping with everything in your heart that it wasn't a trick. You would do anything to get Dean back, and you were pretty sure Crowley and everyone else knew that.

"Y/N everything okay? You're kind of quiet," Sam asked, taking his eyes off of the road for a moment to check on you. "I know today was a busy day, but I thought you would be excited."

"I am excited, but it was all just a little overwhelming," you admitted. "But it's not just that."

Cas sighed, staring down at the bright pink unicorn on his lap. "I know I went overboard on the stuffed animals. But they were so soft, and friendly, and I just thought they would be nice."

Reaching over, you squeezed his hand. "Cas, that isn't what this is about. The stuffed animals are perfect."

"Y/N, you're starting to worry me," Sam muttered.

Nervously nibbling on your lip, you finally spat it out. "Crowley's been following us around. First at the Doctor's office. Then at the store."

"I wonder what the hell he wanted," Cas grumbled, squeezing the unicorn so tightly you thought its head might pop off.

Reaching over, you saved the unicorn from destruction. "He pulled me out of the shop. Said he could save Dean, but he needed something in return."

"Of course he did. Knowing him it's probably a trap," Sam grumbled.

Pulling the paper from your pocket, you held it up, squinting at the scribbled words written. In the dim light of dusk, it was hard to read, but you had already memorized the words. "It's like a shopping list. Things that he thinks we might already have in the bunker. We bring them to him, and he'll help us rescue Dean."

"What are some of the items?"

"The blood of a saint," you started. "Branch from the first tree, an archangel feather. A couple of other ingredients as well. Things I know we have."

Sam slammed his hand against the steering wheel. "How the hell are we going to get a branch from the first tree? Otherwise, I think we have everything else."

You turned to Cas, hoping he would have an answer. "I have heard of there still being pieces up in Heaven. I could try to sneak in, see if I can procure a piece."

You gave him a reassuring smile. "If you could, then we would have everything that Crowley wanted. He gave us a week."

Just as Sam pulled into the garage, he turned, a frown on his face. "Y/N, as much as I want Dean out of Hell, how are we sure that Crowley isn't going to turn on us?"

Sliding out of the car after Cas, you stared over the top, tears filling your eyes. "We aren't sure. But I know that I will do everything I can to have Dean back before this little girl is born."

With those words, you took your armful of stuffed animals with you down the hallway. Tossing them on your bed, you held the large, soft pink teddy bear to your chest, letting the tears finally fall. With your emotions all over the place from your pregnancy and the hope of getting Dean back, you were emotionally wrecked.

All you wanted was Dean back, and you really didn't care if you had to go against Crowley and his double-crossing tendencies. Resting your hand on your swollen belly, you hiccuped. You wanted nothing more than to have Dean at your side when you gave birth to your little girl.

With the bear clutched to your chest and millions of thoughts running through your head, you fell asleep, dreaming of green eyes full of pain. Crying out when he was torn to shreds in front of your eyes. Hearing him cry for you, no clue that he was going to be a Father. Tossing and turning, you finally woke up to a soft knock on your door.

"Y/N, are you awake?" Sam called out softly, slightly opening the door.

Blinking, you sat up, pushing the teddy bear off to the side. "Yeah, come on in."

Running his hand through his hair, he smiled at the pile of stuffed animals on your bed. Pushing them to the side, he perched on the edge. "So Cas has gone to get the branch."

Yawning, you rubbed the back of your hand across your eyes. "I hope it doesn't get him into trouble."

"It could. But Cas will do anything to get Dean back. We both know that."

Staring down at your hands clenched tightly in your lap, you frowned. You really didn't want Cas to get in trouble, or worse. It was hard enough without Dean around, but if Cas was...You couldn't think about that right now. Standing up, you surprised Sam. "I'm going to go get the stuff out of the car. I need to stay busy, otherwise, I'm going to go crazy."

"It's already out of the car," Sam explained. "But maybe setting up the crib and the other items will take your mind off of things."

Picking up the bear and unicorn, you headed towards the door. "It probably won't, but it needs to be done."

"Y/N," Sam called out, stopping you. "I've got the other ingredients ready to go. Now it's just a waiting game."

"The thing I hate the most," you whispered, heading to the room next door. Hopefully getting it ready for your little girl would keep you occupied for a while.