Chapter 14

"So, you're telling me that hunters have their own communities? With their own beliefs and schools? And they still arrange marriages? That is crazy!" Lucifer exclaimed, bouncing on his spot on the couch as soon as you finished with your explanation. You hadn't expected Lucifer to be such an eager listener, but he had hung on to your every word, his eyes sparkling as you told him everything.

"Yeah, I guess." You muttered. Truthfully, as time passed away from the compound, you began to see how crazy, how ridiculous life inside them truly was. No one should be forced to live like that. Forced to marry someone just to keep a strong hunting line going. Sure, you had gotten lucky. Marrying Dean, who didn't care for the hunting communities. Giving you a chance to see that life outside the communities wasn't nearly as bad as people told you.

"See." He literally yelled, his finger inches from your face. "You don't really like the communities, do you?"

"It's not that I don't..." You started stuttering, but with a wave of his hand, you couldn't speak.

"I can see it. You like being away from them. Of having the freedom they never gave you." He answered for you. "I think we need to visit one."

Wildly shaking your head, you tried to argue with him, but your voice was still gone. "This is a must. We will go visit, and I will see exactly what is running through their minds before I burn it to the ground, along with everyone inside. I can't believe they made it so easy. Shoving all these hunters into one spot. It's like Christmas, if I celebrated that horrid holiday." He ended on a mutter, standing up and pacing the room.

Unable to say anything, you finally smacked your hand on the end table, finally getting his attention. Sighing, he waved his hand, and you could talk once again. "I really don't think this is a good idea..." You started to say, but as the words slipped from your lips his eyes shown red, his lips peeling back in a snarl.

"I am Lucifer, and I make the calls. You're just a pathetic, little human who lets people control her destiny. Now shut up while I finish planning this out." He growled low in his throat. Effectively stopping you from arguing anymore.

Dean's POV

Running my hand through my hair for the millionth time, I couldn't stop pacing the room. Sure, pacing didn't get Y/N back, but I couldn't just sit there. She was gone, and it was all my fault. I should have insisted that the room had been marked in sigils. I shouldn't have let her stay behind. But that was in the past, and all I cared about was making sure that she was safe. That she was brought back to me safely.

"Dean." Sam sighed. "Pacing isn't going to bring her back. We need to come up with a plan."

Stopping, I turned to stare at my brother in frustration. "I know we need to come up with a plan!" I exclaimed. "But I'm just a little baffled on how to get her back from Lucifer!"

"Dean, do you know why Lucifer would take Y/N?" Cas asked from his spot off to the side. He had stayed quiet, lost in thought and I had almost forgotten he was even still in the room.

"I have no clue!" I yelled at him, watching as he frowned at me. Making me realize how grumpy I was being with both men. But it didn't matter. Nothing mattered except for getting Y/N back.

"I think it's a way to distract us. We're too close, and he's using Y/N to take us off his trail." Sam suggested.

"But if he has Y/N then we will be following him to the ends of the Earth." I argued, not seeing Sam's point at all.

"But we will be searching for her, not paying attention to what he already has in place." Sam continued, not even noticing the frown on my face. "We need to think hard about what we're going to do. We just can forget about what he was putting together."

"We don't even know what he was up to!" I muttered. "We wanted to put him back in the cage, and now you're saying that he's been creating this elaborate plan."

"Dean, while you guys were traveling here, I did some research, and I do believe that Lucifer is planning something huge. Which is why he needs to be stopped immediately."

"But after we get Y/N back." I insisted, watching as both Sam and Cas glanced at each other. "I don't like that look." I muttered.

"Dean, I think it's better if we split up. You can focus on getting Y/N back. With Sam's help of course. I will continue to learn about Lucifer and his plan, stopping it as quickly as possible. I can call on Crowley and Rowena for help."

"Fine." I sighed. "But I still have no idea where to start looking for Y/N." I mumbled sadly, sinking down to sit on the edge of the bed. "She trusted me, and I've let her down."

Cas came to stand next to me, laying his hand heavily on my shoulder. "I know of a place. A place where Lucifer's grace has been the strongest. It might not be the right place, but it is a start."

"It's better than nothing. Thanks Cas." I said, taking a deep breath. "Sam, you ready?"

Sam glanced between Cas and me, no doubt still wanting to stop Lucifer, but wanting to help me with Y/N as well. "Hey, think of it this way. We find Y/N, we find Lucifer. And we can finally stop him once and for all."

"If we can figure out how to stop him." Sam grumbled. "We've stopped him once before, but we don't have the keys, or any way to lock him back in the cage. Rowena might, but it depends on her mood."

"We will figure out a way. We have to. Because he has Y/N, and we can't have him running around turning this into another apocalypse." I muttered, standing up and heading over to my weapon bag. Not wanting to waste any more time, I took a deep breath, ready to face the devil himself to get back the wife I had never wanted. But couldn't imagine life without.