Chapter 37

The store was almost overwhelming. Everywhere you looked there was stuffed animals, baby clothes, toys or furniture. Pastel pinks and blues, along with green and yellow. It was bright and festive, and completely out of character for all three of you.

Cas had wandered over to the toy section, pressing the button on a toy, his eyes widening when music blared loudly. Presssing it again and again, he looked over at you when it refused to stop. Shrugging your shoulders, you couldn't help but chuckle as Cas quickly stepped away. Glaring his way, an older woman stepped over, easily shutting it off.

Sam seemed unsure of himself in the baby store, keeping by your side. "This stuff won't bite," you assured him even though you had been hesitant and unsure yourself. But after visitng the doctor, finding out you were having a baby girl. You were ready to shop. You wanted everything to be perfect for her. A wonderful nursery full of furniture, clothing and toys. And hopefully by the time she decided to join this world, her Dad would be by your side once again.

"Where do you want to start?" Sam asked, his hand on your shoulder pulling you away from your thoughts. "There's so much we need, but I don't want you to get overwhelmed."

Before you could answer a woman pushed her way through the items, coming to stand in front of you. She was wearing a bright pink floral dress, her hair piled high atop her head, dazzling eyeglasses perched on her nose. "Oh my! Aren't you the cutest couple ever!"

Your eyes growing wide, you shook your head emphatically. "We're not....he's not...,"

"I'm the uncle," Sam supplied, smiling over at her. "Dad isn't available right now, so I thought I would help."

Those words seemed to easily change her mood. Completely ignoring you, she moved over to Sam, batting her eyelashes up at him. "Oh, that's so sweet. Would you like some coffee or company while she shops?"

It was Sam's turn to look bewildered as the worker pulled him away from you. Cas was currently picking up stuffed animals, his arms full of teddy bears, puppy dogs and a unicorn? That left you by yourself, and you headed back towards the front, planning on getting a cart to hold all of the purchases you planned on making.

Taking hold of the cart, you turned just as the door opened, the bell tinkling lightly. Planning on moving to the side, you let out a tiny squeal when a hand clamped around your wrist, pullling you away from the shopping cart. You were out of the store before you could even blink, pulled into the alleyway. "What the..," you stuttered, ready to pull the little daggar out of your pocket and attack your assailant.

"Wait! It's just me!" A familiar voice called out as you were turned around. Coming face to face with Crowley, you quickly realized he was the man you had seen at the clinic. Shattering the sliver of hope that it had been Dean.

Pushing him away, you took a deep, calming breath. "Crowley! What are you doing here?"

He glanced around before pushing you deeper into the shadows. "Keep your voice down. They're everywhere."

You peered over his shoulder, seeing nothing out of place. "Who? Who is everywhere, and why have you been following me?"

He sighed, and it was then you noticed the state he was in. His usual attire was covered in dust and grime, ripped in multiple places. He looked tired, dark circles under his eyes. His face was lined with cuts, and he was limping slightly. "I've been searching. Working hard to help you."

"But why?"

"Because you have given me a purpose. Wiht Lucifer gone, there is a chance I can be King of Hell once again."

"And what does that have to do with me?"

"I need Dean out of hell. I need that cage locked once and for all. I can bring you Dean Winchester. But in return I need something as well."

Sighing, you pushed away from the wall. "I knew it. I knew you came because you needed something. No other reason. I bet you can't save Dean, otherwise, you would have by now."

Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a piece of cloth. It was flannel, a very familiar piece, which could be from Dean's shirt he had been wearing. It was a shot in the dark, but it had you feeling hope once again.

"I can save Dean. I have seen him, and I can free him from the cage. But I need your assistance. I come to you. I helped free you, and I need you to help me in return."

You knew it would only be minutes until Sam and Cas realized that you were no longer in the store. "What do you need?"

He reached into his pocket once more, pulling out a crumpled bit of stationary. "These items. You should have most in the bunker. Find them, and bring them to me. A week from today at the park."

Before you could say any more he was gone. Without even looking at the paper, you slipped it into your pocket, heading back into the store. You glanced around, realizing you hadn't been missed. Cas was pushing around a shopping cart full of stuffed animals, and Sam was still cornered by the sales associate. Trying to calm your breathing, you began to look through the items, quickly falling in love with a soft blanket. Tossing it into the cart, Sam finally managed to pull away, coming over to your side.

"She's crazy," he whispered. "But if I go out with her tonight she'll give you 20 percent off."

"You don't have to do that," you assured him. "But I do need your help looking at the baby furniture and picking out the best ones."

"Of course!" He exclaimed, and you turned your mind away from your curious conversation, ready to spend some time and money getting ready for your baby.