the studio

Harry

Mitch seated across from me, his dark hair falling in front of his shoulders as he bit his nail nervously. He laughed as I sloppily played the guitar. It's crazy how fast we became friends, how we just clicked and connected, and now he was one of the closest people I had. Now he was a part of my supporting band and I was about to take him around the world with me, Mitch was excited and so was I. It would be my first tour without One Direction and my emotions were through the roof just thinking about it, in September we'd do the first tour and then when that tour is over we'd start the next tour. Just myself, venues and arenas around the world just for myself.

"Dude..." He shook his head and rubbed his eyes.

We were sitting in the studio, the walls were grey, a dark red pattered rug under our feet. Mitch's body crashed on a black leathered couch, I moved on the chair. We didn't have anything to record but the place just felt right, playing music back and forth after Will had left. We had to talked world tour, setlist, opening band, and although I had other people I could talk about that with, it felt easy with Will. Truth was, I wanted to do whatever I could to make it feel less than a job. One Direction had always felt like a job, I never faked it and I was always myself, but there were things to do, say and how to act a lot of the times. I just wanted to do me from now on.

"Sweet creature, sweet creature." I sang messily, way too loud and out of rhythm making my friend laugh. "Wherever I go, you bring me home." Mitch's laugh ceased and his eyes widened looking behind me. I was expecting Will to be standing by the door but that's not what I found.

I was met by a pair of green eyes, they looked confused, bewildered, tired. I hadn't seen her in about a week and, with all honesty, did not expect to see her again. Luna's hair was straight and messy as always, her cheeks a nice shade of blushed pink, her eyebrows raised as I studied her face. Her baby pink trousers hit right above her bellybutton and a grey cropped top fit her chest perfectly. Her body was slim and she was tall, long arms and long legs. She cleared her throat, I realized I was starring.

"What are you doing here?" The words that slipped my mouth didn't sound quite right.

"Where's Will?" Her voice was modulated, so pleasing to listen.

Will. He had never talked about her since a a few weeks ago, I expected a small bad behaved child when he mentioned a daughter, but the girl standing in front of me was completely different than what I had imagined. She looked nothing like Will, his hair was dark and so were his eyes, his nose was long, his face slim. Luna looked like her mother, round cheeks, bright eyes, light hair, thin pointy nose. She was also as, if not more, intimidating as Renee.

"He left." I responded. Her eyes glanced over my head and I turned around to find my shy watching us. "This is my friend Mitch." She nodded and waved lightly. "This is Will's daughter, Luna." He waved back at her. "Anything we can help you with?"

"He told me to meet him here. We're supposed to go out for lunch." I didn't know what else to say and I'm not sure how long we remained silent - her standing by the door, me with the guitar on my hands, Mitch biting his nails. My friend cleared his throat, it was the uncomfortable kind of silence. "I'll try and call him."

Luna's eyes fell down to the phone on her hands. She looked frustrated and upset. For what I've caught, her family didn't have the best relationship, I remember Will calling her a rebel and Renee being overall distressed. First time I met Luna she was powdering her nose at a party, second time I met Luna she took off her shirt, I was both wondering, excited and not looking forward to out third encounter, which happened right now.

Mitch glanced over at her and then down at me, raising his eyebrows in surprise. I could tell what he was thinking: hot, nice body, soft voice. I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head, she was bad news. My fingers involuntarily went back to moving on the guitar chords, hums leaving my lips.

"Can you stop with that?" She said brutally, turning around. I could hear Mitch's laugh. "Hi, dad. It's me. Again. I guess we're not grabbing lunch anymore." She scuffed her arm."

"I'm leaving." Mitch whispered, getting off the couch.

"Mate, don't leave me alone..." Before I could finish he was walking out of the room.

"It was nice to meet you, Luna." He touched her back before closing the door leaving us behind.

She turned back to me. Her face was more sad now, her eyes low as she threw her phone in the bag hanging on her shoulder.

"Everything alright?"

"I must've- He must be busy."

"Right."

"Right." She repeated. "I'm gonna..." She pointed at the door behind her shoulders.

"I was about to go grab food before heading home. Do you wanna come with me? To grab food." I rambled, making a fool of myself.

"I do." She answered quickly. "Want to grab food." A light smile appeared on her face, I could count the times I'd seen her smile on one hand. "I'm starving." She giggled, making me laugh.

I put the guitar back where it belonged, slid my phone on the back pocket of my skinny jeans and grabbed my keys. I held the door open as she walked past it, her hair brushing the skin of her back, her arms crossed squeezing her chest.