the cake

I woke up afraid last night had been a dream, but my dress still hung from the chair across the room and my shoes were thrown around along with my bag on the floor told me otherwise. That morning I showered and washed my hair, gathered all my belongings and brought the suitcase with me downstairs. Will was sat on the couch, it was the first time I saw someone sitting on it. It was a light shade of grey and made out of a smooth velvet material. I remember being young and the number one rule in the house being stay away from the couch.

"You're breaking the rules." He looked up at me from behind his large iPhone.

"You better not tell her then." Will hurried to get on his feet and grab the suitcase from my hands. "You're leaving us already, kiddo?"

"I miss my room. You know... The one that isn't pink and there's no creepy stuffed animals staring at me while I sleep."

"You liked those."

"When I was five."

Will followed me out of the house where Amy waited with the trunk opened. He shoved my suitcase in and shut it closed before giving her a hug. "You don't let her sneak around with Styles too much, you heard me?" Then he walked over to me, hugging me tight and leaving a kiss on my forehead. "Call if you need anything. And if Harry ever--"

"Friends, Will. We're friends."

"Right."

Of course Amy was listening to Harry's album as she drove away from the house. Sweet Creature was playing when she reached for the volume switch and turned it down a bit.

"Are you gonna tell me or what?"

"Tell you what?"

"About the date. How did it go, where you guys went, how was it..."

I told her all about last night as she drove. Amy made comments about his childhood as if she knew him personally, but I couldn't blame her, after seven years of being a die heart fan of his of course she knew way more than I did. I told her about the butterflies in my stomach and the way my heart beat fast when our hands touched, and Amy listened to it all with a big smile on her face.We both knew it was delicate, but we also knew that was the closest to happiness that I had ever been.

We brought the suitcase up to the apartment and sat on the couch while I told her about how he drove me home. It was a little awkward, neither of us knew what to do and how to end the night. But then he cupped my face and kissed my lips, I could still taste him. I felt light as a feather, my fingers tingly and the feeling of wanting more as he pulled away.

This is what it feels like being fifteen. Going on your first date and felling sparks fly at every glance, every touch. Feeling nervous but also comfortable, and wondering if he felt the same. But I wasn't fifteen, I was way too old to be experiencing that and at the same time I didn't care. Never in a million years I would've agreed to this, never in a million years I would've accepted my feelings. Not until I met him.

Harry. His name was bright on my phone screen as it buzzed on my lap and an involuntary smile creeped across my face.

"Are you gonna pick it up or just stare at it like an idiot?"

+++++++

I buzzed him in and waited with the door open, nervously chewing on my nail until I saw his hair pop up on the staircase. Harry had called asking if he could stop by for a second because he had something for me and that set my anxiety through the roof.

He reached the top of the stairs and shot me a smile. He looked straight out of a magazine yet wore the most regular clothing. A pair of black skinny jeans and crewneck sweatshirt. His hair was messy and his eyes covered by a dark pair of sunglasses that seemed to have been made just for him, it fit his face perfectly.

"Hi." I said.

He balanced a large white box on one hand as he reached with the other to grab my waist, leaving a kiss on my cheeks. "Hey. I hope I'm not interrupting--"

"You're not. Amy and I were just..." Amy pretended she watched TV, a Friends episode we had watched a billion times. She tried to keep it cool and not freak out over the fact that the guy she cried over countless times, screamed the lyrics to, watched from afar as he performed on stage with four more band members was now in her apartment. "Watching friends."

Harry stepped into the apartment for the first time and I was pretty nervous to say the least. It wasn't the biggest, nicest and most well decorated apartment. Since he called Amy and I were tidying it up to make it more presentable. A peach candle burned on the center table to mask the smell of the cigarette I smoked earlier, the dishes were put away, the colorful pillows fixed nicely on the couch. Everything were it belonged.

"Hey, Amy." He said. She turned to give him a little wave, but he went over around the couch and bent down to leave a kiss on each cheek of hers, just how he did to me. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing pretty good. You?"

"Better than ever."

Harry walked towards the kitchen and placed the white box down carefully. I was at his feet curious on what it was that he had in there, but he didn't seem to care that I was about to explode. He took his time to take off both of his phones and keys of his take it off his pockets and put on the counter as well, then he pushed his sunglasses to the top of his head, pulling his hair along with it. I wondered if there was anybody else in the world that could make a simple move like that so sexy and breathtaking.

"What is that?"

"Something for you." He cleared his throat. "I had a really good time with you last night, Luna. And I can't speak for you but it felt really special for me."

"Harry--"

"Somethings you said stuck to me for the rest of the night. So I got you a little something, you know--"

"Just tell me what it is!"

He laughed and then finally opened the lid of the white box, revealing a cake. It was white with candles and pink writing. Happy 10th, 14th, 16th, 19th and every-year-after-that Birthday, it read. I opened my mouth a few times but I couldn't form words. It was a pretty cake, smelled delicious too. The writing was delicate and the candles infantile, and I was in loss for words.

"Harry, my birthday was months ago."

"I know. A very merry unbirthday to you." He pulled a lighter from his back pocket, a small yellow one.

"Alice In Wonderland? Really?" I asked as he lit up the candles.

He looked happy and proud, his eyes sparkling as he grinned at me. I bit my bottom lip trying to hold back a smile. It was a simple cake and act but the idea of Harry going back home after our dinner and putting so much thought into it was mind blowing to me. People usually didn't put a lot of thought on me, but he did. He planned a cake, he called and ordered it and picked it up. I opened up to him and he listened/

I glanced over at Amy, she watched us from the living room with her eyes wide open. She looked curious and scared, expecting me to pop off, scream and throw the cake at Harry because that's what I would've done. But not today and not to him.

"Now blow the candle out, my dear. And make your wish come true." I raised an eyebrow making him chuckle. "I'm a big Alice In Wonderland fan, okay? I'm from Cheshire. Just do it." I giggled as I leaned down and blew out the colorful candles spread out. "Perfect."

I looked up to him, he looked down at me hopeful. "Thanks, H. I love it."

"Do you really?"

"Yeah." His hand made its way to my neck, his callused finger setting my skin on fire.

His breath brushed against my face, his eyes running from mine down to my lips, his nose touched mine and my eyes fell shut waiting for the warmth of his lips to meet mine. It was so close my body felt electric. I craved it, I wanted it more than anything.

A loud bang made us move away from each other. "Shit!" Amy mumbled after kicking the center table by accident. "Sorry."

"Let's cut the cake, yeah?" Harry said. "Fancy joining us, Amy?"