the little rebel

Harry

I was sitting across the table from Will. I had grown used to the idea of being around him outside our work environment, that's something that happened often. I saw myself hanging out with multiple people outside work, Nick Grimshaw for example, we met through BCC and became really close friends. But William Davis, he is an important music executive at Columbia Records and he made all the decisions over me, he is the reason my solo album is out and my career is still going, my first tour, he got me to sign with Columbia Records.

"So they come towards be with this huge steak and just slice it right into my plate." He laughing.

Will was telling me about a Brazilian steakhouse he went to on his vacation this past month. He took his food really seriously, and beer. Him and I had a couple of Coronas at his place a couple days ago.

"One of my mates was sitting at this restaurant there and I remember drool coming out of his mouth." I said.

I had been to Brazil once when I was still in One Direction and Niall was the most excited about the different food. I was more excited about chilling by the pool.

"So, if you go there next year then we could arrange a visit to the steakhouse. That's all I'm saying." He waved his hands in the air.

With my album out, doing great, and the first tour completely sold out, my second tour for the upcoming year was in the making and Will was set into bringing it to South America.

I was going to agree that Brazil would be a good idea, it was one of my favorite places in the world, I would love to go back, the crowd was amazing and now I would have it all to myself, although it wouldn't be as fun, I would know that every single person that went out did it for my music, all because of my hard work. But before I could, Renee's phone started buzzing against the wooden table, she grabbed it and furrowed her eyebrows while looking at it.

"It's Amy." She almost whispered, then smiled and glanced at me. "I have to take this, I'll be right back."

Renee pushed her chair out and got up, making her way around the tables. I could tell by her shaky fingers that something was wrong and Will had his eyes glued on her as she walked away. He seemed worried. I think he almost forgot I was sitting there in front of him.

It was a nice spring day. The sky was blue and the table outside was shaded. My body sunk into the booth at The Beverly Hills, I crossed my arms on my chest and glanced at Renee once again, she held her phone on her ear, her fingers nervously ran through her short blond hair before making her way back to the table.

She was exactly the opposite from Will.

William Davis was a tall man, always dressed nicely, with a suit on most of the times. His hair was a mixture of grey and black, always perfect on top of his head. His skin always freshly shaved. He was also really fun to be around, outgoing, loud, easygoing, carefree. He liked to play golf and play the guitar, some Nirvana song, and pretend we were in 1991. He loved what he did, he loved music and I couldn't be more happy to have him around.

Renee wasn't like that. She was kind of intimidating, even though she had been nothing but lovely to me. Her blue eyes never looked at ease, it's like she always tried to read people, and worried to much, she never let go and had fun.

She fixed her navy dress before sitting back down at the table, Will moved his hand to her lap as she rubbed her temples.

"Everything alright?" He asked slowly and calmly.

"Nothing's alright, Will." She looked at her husband, her hair brushing her shoulders. "Amy just said that Luna's home."

I didn't know what that means so I just leaned there watching both with a confused look on my face. The words that came out of her mouth seemed to hit Will in the face, his lips opened and closed a couple of times as he decided the right words to say.

"That's good, honey."

"What do you mean that's good?" She rubbed her temples one more time before letting her hands fall down at the table. "I'm sorry, Harry. Just family problems."

"I understand." I said in a low tone, she wasn't expecting a reply anyway.

"Knowing she's home should at least get you a few nights of sleep." Will put his arm around her shoulder and rubbed it with his thumb. "It's been what? A month?"

"A month and four days." She corrected him. "I'm sorry, I..." Her eyes ran from me to Will, then back to me. "I have to go. Could I take the car and you order a car?" She pulled her phone and shoved it into her purse quickly.

"Honey, just say, we'll go home in a bit."

"No, Will. Not in a bit. Now." Renee got up. "It's her birthday."

Renee left us there. I was confused and Will looked like his normal self, brushing away the problem as fast as she exited the restaurant.

"She's crazy, that woman, I swear." Will shook his head and sipped on his water.

"She seems a bit worried." I said making him laugh.

"Well, yeah. You would too if Luna was your daughter."

"Daughter?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

Will had never mentioned family, neither had Renee. He didn't seem like the type of man that had kids, or at least I didn't picture it.

"Luna. She's a little rebel. You never know what she's up to." He sighed. "She's just like her mother when she was younger."