the lunch date

Cafe Habana. I had been there maybe a time or two. The restaurant was nice, bright and green with plants, natural light coming through the open wooden ceiling. A plate of salad and grilled chicken was sitting in front of me, a french fry side portion in between our plates, Harry had ordered himself a salad as well, way more elaborated than mine. His back was pressed on the navy leathered booth and I was sitting on the single chair in front of him. On top of his head plant pots were hanging on the wall, he curved on top of the table every time he took a bite of his food. Harry's hair was pulled back by a pair of white Saint Laurent sunglasses resting on top of his head, his patterned shirt was obnoxious and soft looking, buttoned down so you could see the trace of tattoos on his chest.

"So did you like the show?" He sipped on his water.

"My friend forced me to go."

"That's not what I asked." He fired back. The combination of the huskiness of his voice and the British accent on the tip of his tongue made me slight nervous and I couldn't figure out why.

"I did." He smiled, a pair of dimples poked through his cheeks. "Kiwi is my favorite, it's a song that could've been written about me."

"Don't be so conceited, love." He smirked, his green eyes bored on me. "I've met quite a few people like you. You go out, you party, you get wasted, you do whatever you want. New York is full of it."

"Is that so?"

"Has anyone ever written a song about you, Luna?" My name sounded different and flawless coming out from his mouth, it gave me goosebumps.

"A couple."

"You do make quite the impression. I don't blame them." I wanted him to tell me, explain why he thought that, let me know if that was a bad thing or a good thing. I was never concerned about this and somehow now I needed to know, but he didn't say anything else. "You know, I wondered where you were when your friend came to the dressing room."

"I had left."

"With Luke Hemmings. She told me." He stabbed his salad with the fork, chewed the food quickly. "She was quite nervous, your friend. I think she fancies me."

She did. I had gotten my friend backstage to meet Harry and then I left. Amy told me how Harry was a gentleman just like she imagined him to be, she told me about how his green eyes shinned, how he fixed his sweaty hair, how his hand laid on her lower back when they hugged goodbye. And I couldn't blame Harry for the smirk he gave me leaving me curious about what he thought of my Amy, or for possibly flirting with her, she was gorgeous and nice, way more than me. 

"She's been a big fan or yours for a while now."

"I know, she told me."

"She told you everything, didn't she?"

"You know what she also told me?" I shook my head denying. "That you would've loved to meet me. Why didn't you tell her you know me?"

"Because I don't know you."

"Do you want to know me?"

His question knocked the wind off my lungs. I wasn't ready for it, I wasn't expecting it, I didn't see it coming. My lips opened and closed a couple times making Harry chuckle. He took the glasses off the top of his head, ran his fingers through his locks, and then placed the glasses there again.

"What about you? Do you want to know me?" I asked him, his eyes stared into mine at ease, a smirk on his face.

"You're quite an interesting person, Luna. I just wonder if there's more to you than doing coke in a stranger's bathroom."  That hit me like a punch.

I wasn't sure if there was more to me than that but the words coming out of Harry's mouth were quite hurtful. For a second I felt the need to tell him yes, there was more to me, there were things I enjoyed doing, things I loved, there were also wounds and a broken heart. Harry was just like everyone else, he saw past me, and so did my parents or everyone else I've met through out the last six years. Paul tried, but he couldn't figure out either, I never let him.

"You don't seem like a party guy, Harry Styles, but you were there too."

"I was there to get my mind off of things."

"So was I." He furrowed his eyebrows but I kept my emotions low, in reality I wanted to get up and leave, never see Harry again, I was frustrated.

"I'm nervous about being alone." His words once again caught me off guard. "Without One Direction. I've wanted this for quite a bit now but now it's freaking me out." I watched him pinch his bottom lip nervously. "I'm confident about my music, it's just- I don't know."

I didn't know how it happened, my body reacted without thinking twice, my hand slipped across the table and my fingers touched his, his rings were cold in my warm skin. His eyes fell down to our hands together and then looked up at me, they were so green.

I pulled my hand back, looking away from his stare I found a girl in the back of the room with a cellphone camera pointed at us. I felt my body crawl up, I hugged my chest felling uncomfortable.

"I guess we're quite similar, Luna."

"How come?"

"We're both scared of life."

"I'm not scared." My voice cracked.

Harry didn't say anything else. He caught the waiter's attention, who brought the check over and silently he left a couple bills on the table. We left the restaurant quickly, I tried to keep up with him and his long steps, we walked side by side outside where the valet brought his black shinny Range Rover. Harry held the door open for me as I slid into the passenger seat. The car smelled like his expensive cologne, like nothing I had smelled before him. The radio played some mainstream pop song I didn't know as he drove away.

The silence felt heavy, like we both wanted to say things to each other but decided not to. Our thoughts felt loud and I could feel him peeking over at me a couple times while sitting on traffic on the way to downtown. I spoke here and there until he could find my apartment building. There was a coffee shop and a couple people on the sidewalk, the walls were brick and the door was glass.

"I know what you're thinking." I said, he raised his eyebrow turning his body towards me. "You think you have it all figured out. You think you've seen it all, but you haven't." I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door, throwing my legs out of the car. I glanced at him one more time before getting off.

"Luna." His voice gave me chills. "I do think there's more to you." I couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks for the lunch." I said before shutting the door and making my way towards the building.