the crowd

"My name is on the list."

I handed the bouncer my driver's license, he looked at the picture and at me a couple times, probably wondering if I'm the same girl with light brown hair in the picture he had in front of him, or if the ID was fake since I did look a bit younger than my age. After a few seconds he handed back to me and put a yellow paper wristband on both Amy and I's wrists.

I had called Will and asked to get me and a plus one on the list for the show, he had done it multiple times but he hesitated today. Probably wondering why I wanted to see his young popstar client, Harry Styles, at a concert. I couldn't quite believe myself either as I walked through the large doors of the club in West Hollywood. I had been at The Troubadour few times and it wasn't changed, the same neon blue sign in top of the stage, the same wooden walls and old western vibes.

"I'm about to see Harry Styles." It was the fifth time my friend repeated this sentence.

Amy followed me through the crowd of young girls that cramped on top of each other trying to get as close to the empty stage as they could. I just wanted to make my way to the bar. I ordered two margaritas and sipped on both feeling the taste of the tequila make my taste buds go wild and my forehead wrinkle. Amy crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, giving me an infuriating look.

"What? If I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do this drunk." She rolled her eyes. "I'm here, aren't I?"

Amy was a very easy going person, she didn't hate a lot of things, in fact her hate list could also be called a "things Luna does" list. Smoking, partying, drinking, listening to rock music, listening to punk music, wearing shorts with holes on them, wearing jeans with holes on them. We were the complete opposites and anyone could tell. The girl walking in front of me was wearing a flowy flower print dress hitting the middle of her thighs, and a pair of Toms, her hair perfectly pulled to the front of her shoulders and basically no makeup on besides some eyebrow liner and mascara. I, in other hand, was lace top that was probably too revealing and a pair of dark wash mom jeans, moving my pair of Doc Martens across the floor and upstairs into the VIP area.

Amy stood excitedly by the black railing, her hands were shaky as she held it. I finished my first drink and started making my way through the second one, I couldn't help by smile seeing her face light up as the stage lights did the opposite. Everything went dark for a couple seconds, I could hear Amy excited next to me and see the movement downstairs, loud screams.

The spot light hit the center of the stage revealing what everyone was there for. Harry's shinny gold pants were sparkly and breathtaking, his hair the epitome of perfect, his face structure still flawless. He approached the microphone stand and I held my breath waiting for it.

She walked her way through a cheap pack of cigarettes
Hard liquor mixed with a bit of intellect
And all the boys, they were saying they were into it
Such a pretty face, on a pretty neck

The guitar was loud and strong, his large hands holding the microphone tightly. The whole room was shaking, screaming the lyrics as I stood up there sipping the end of my margarita.

She's driving me crazy
But I'm into it, but I'm into it, I'm kinda into it
It's getting crazy
I think I'm losing it, I think I'm losing
I think she said I'm having your baby, it's none of you're business.

Harry pulled the microphone before starting to walk around stage. His face turning red as he gave everything he had on him to the song, a vein popping out on his neck. He repeated himself and bend over the crowd, touching the hands of the people who loved him more than anything.

It's New York, baby, always jacked up
Holland tunnel for her nose is always backed up
When she's alone she goes home to a cactus
I'm a black dress, she's such an actress

I could feel his eyes glancing over the balcony and then back down at the crowd. I could also feel my body involuntarily moving as I gave in to the rock beat of the song.

She's driving me crazy
But I'm into it, but I'm into it, I'm kinda into it
It's getting crazy
I think I'm losing it, I think I'm losing it
Oh I think she said I'm having your baby, it's none of your business

"You like it!" Amy screamed as she jumped up and down like a kid. I shrug my shoulders and watched Harry's eyes lay on mine. "He just looked here! Harry just..."

"I know. I saw." I replied as his eyes trailed off some place else.

She sits beside me like a silhouette
Hard candy dripping on me till my feet are wet
And now she's all over me, it's like I paid for it
It's like I paid for it, I'm gonna pay for this

The guitar made my chest vibrate I closed my eyes and let my head fall back as I enjoyed it before looking around us and studying the place. People moving their heads, smiles on their faces as they watched the boy do his thing.

It's none of your, it's none of your
I'm having your baby, it's none of your business

A pair of blue eyes stared into me. His blond hair was wavy with a curl falling on his forehead, a thin beard on his jaw and chin, a couple necklaces hanging on his neck and his arms crossed, bringing a cup to his mouth as he watched me. I smiled.

"Thank you so much for coming." My eyes were brought back to the stage. "I'm so excited to..."

Harry's husky voice echoed in the room, his British accent making the girls go crazy, but right now I had one interest and that was the pair of blue eyes across the balcony.

"I'm going to get another drink." I whispered to Amy before turning on my heels and easily cross the top floor.

I leaned on the bar asking for another margarita, tapping my fingers on the counter as the bartender turned his back to me to prepare it. A body leaned next to me, he was tall and smelled like expensive cologne.

"You look like a vodka sour kind of girl." He said.

He was even more good looking from up close, his lips pink and looked soft, his hair curling around his ear.

"Is that so?" His smile was large spread across his face.

"Can I have Corona, please?" The bartender slid my drink across the top and nodded to the boy next to me.

"You look like a Heineken kind of boy."

"Is that so?" He repeated. "I'm Luke Hemmings." 

I know, I wanted to say, but I didn't. 

Luke was different than I expected. The only reason I know who he was was the same reason I was standing in that room. Amy. Luke's Australian band was close friends with One Direction, and Amy had a crush on his band mate, Michael. Their music reminded me of old Green Day and I actually enjoyed it when she played it in her room. It was fine, they were fine. He was fine.

"Luna." I shook his hand.

"It's very nice to meet you, Luna."