the party girl

Luna

I woke up sore from the night before. My body still shaking from the adrenaline rush and Harry's arm wrapped around me keeping me close and warm. I hate to admit, but I could've stayed there forever. We both had a flight to catch. Different ones, going in opposite directions.

Every goodbye I said to him was filled with more emotions than the goodbye before. My heart sunk in my chest in the morning and it was scary to me what he was making me feel. He was making me feel.

Harry shoved his dirty clothes in a leather duffel bag and I organized mine. My wet hair dripped on my back as I sat on the floor by the full length mirror on the wall. I glanced at Harry to take him in one last time: His hair was wet and brushed back, his cheeks slight red, his white shirt almost sheer showing off his tattoos. He pinched his bottom lip and typed easily on his phone with one hand. His eyebrows knitted together showing a wrinkle on his forehead.

"Shit."

"Something's wrong?" I asked.

Harry got up and dropped his phone on my lap. I watched him confused as he ran his fingers through his hair and disappeared into the bathroom.

I zipped my bag closed, took his phone into my hands and brought it close to read the small words in the screen. A website was pulled open, an article with a blue lettered title. Harry Styles and Hollywood party girl, Luna Davis, look cozy out in Las Vegas. I lost my breath.

"Former member of the British sensation One Direction and heart rob, Harry Styles (23) and Hollywood sweetheart and party animal, Luna Davis (21) are spotted together enjoying Las Vegas' night after iHeart Radio event where Harry performed." I read the article out loud. "Styles, who's currently touring the United States with his debut solo album, found time on his busy schedule to dance the night away and share heated kisses with Columbia Records' music executive, William Davis' daughter. The two have been spotted together in Los Angeles and in Spain where Harry attended a close friend's wedding a few weeks prior. The model, Luna Davis, who's known for her wild party life, seems to have robbed the heart of—" I couldn't keep reading. I got up quickly and rubbed my hands on my face. He leaned on the door frame with crossed arms and clenched jawline.

"There's nothing to do now." He huffed. "These pictures are everywhere." Harry shook his head taking the phone off my hands.

"Wait. Why are you acting like this?"

"Because it's your fault!" He almost screamed.

"My fault?"

"I told you to keep it low and not catch attention."

"Not catch attention? You..." I followed him into the room. "Are Harry Styles! Even my best friend knows where you are every second of the day." He scoffed. "What's the problem, Harry? Is it because I'm not one of your Victoria's Secret model?" He turned to face me. "Is Ms Camille gonna get mad at you? Or is it the Kardashian girl?"

"Luna."

"Just say it Harry. Say what they all say, what everyone knows. Party girl, they said. It's gonna ruim your reputation, huh?"

"Just shut up, Luna."

"No!" I shouted. "Fuck you." I grabbed my bag from the floor and threw it over my shoulder. "I didn't want to get photographed with you either. I don't want your fangirlies death threatening me on social media. But this is your world and this happens. If it was Camille you wouldn't mind, would you? You want people to think you're dating her, don't you?"

"It's complicated. She's... I... Jeff..."

"That's what I thought." I shook my head. "You know, Harry... You wanted me here. You wanted me in Spain. You wanted me to get lunch with you in LA. You wanted me to open up. You knew how I was. I told you, multiple times." I was about to walk out of the door, but I turned back around. "You're just like them. Like every other. You're a spoiled celebrity. You're narcissistic and egocentric with head up your own ass. You used me just like everyone else, you made me trust you and you used me." His eyes traveled around unable to look at me.

"Get out."

"You disgust me."

Harry's eyes at that moment shot different emotions in my direction. He was sad, hurt, confused, angry. And the second his greens met mine I realized I made a mistake.

"Get out!" And then I saw it in his eyes, he felt the same thing. He realized he made a mistake too.

"Goodbye, H."

"Luna—"

I closed the door behind me.

I was so upset I could break down right there, but all I wanted was to go home. And that's why I shouldn't have seen Harry, that's why I shouldn't have agreed on going places with him.