the music festival

Harry

I don't know why I was feeling so nervous deep inside, my stomach was tied into a knot and my palms sweaty. Will never intimidated me, I was signed to the record label he basically was the boss of, but they needed me as much as I needed them, maybe a bit more than I needed them. But now I felt like I had a huge responsibility: I had Luna in my hands.

"So you two have been hanging out a lot it seems, huh?" Will said on the other side of the FaceTime call.

"I hadn't seen her since Spain to be quite honest, so this was a bit of a impulsive decision."

"I'm glad you're keeping me on the loop, Harry. That one never tells me anything."

"You have nothing to worry about." I took a deep breath. "Tell Renee I said hello."

"Will do. You two kids have fun, but not too much."

"Alright." I hung up as I saw Luna make her way towards me again, all the way from the back of the private jet.

I wiped my palms on my adidas pants and smiled back at her, her blonde hair messily perfect and her slim body making its way in between the light brown leather seats. She slid on the one in front me me, across from the small table where I laid my two phones and a cup of coffee, and I wish I could throw it all on the floor and kiss every inch of her right there. The way her bright green eyes stared at me, there was so much tension between us, I wondered if everyone else on the plane felt it too.

"Busy?"

"No, I just had to make a call really quickly."

I don't know what it was about Luna that made me want her so much, the way she talked, her voice, made had gotten me through the roof, and I don't think she had any idea what she was doing to me.

"Do you have anything in mind for Vegas?" I asked.

"I have a lot of things in mind for Vegas, Styles." She curled up, leaning her head on the window where the clouds looked bright and soft outside. "The list starts with you and ends with you."

"I like that idea."  She flashed me a proud smile.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry."

"For..."

"For not letting you say what you wanted to say. For being scared, I guess." She didn't look me in the eyes, she stared at her fingers and picked on her nails. "For comparing you to Paul. You're not like him."

"It's okay."

"It's not. I'm complicated and I know that, and I like you as a person and I don't want to ruin it, because I know I will, and that's why I try to keep you away."

"Luna, have you thought that maybe you're not the problem? I'm grown up. I know what I'm putting myself into."

"You deserve better."

"What if I don't?" She looked up at me, shocked and curious. "I wanna know you. Let's get crazy together."

*******

Luna

I hadn't seen Harry in hours and I couldn't understand where this feeling was coming from, but I wanted him. And now I watched him from afar, standing tall in the middle of the stage in a beautiful red and navy suit that no one else could pull off but him. Lou and I moved our bodies to Kiwi as the crowd went wild in front of us. I enjoyed it, the way the song made it impossible for me to stand still, or maybe I was just allowing myself to have fun again.

At first, Harry was intriguing, then he made me keep my guard up, and now I just wanted to be free. I didn't want to be afraid, that's not who I was.

"I'm going to the green room to meet him when he's done." I spoke up.

"Go get it." Lou laughed, pushing me away.

It was easy walking around the hallways with a pass hanging off my neck. Harry Styles' guest. I made my way backstage back to where I saw him last trying not to make eye contact with the people around.

In the dressing room I watched Harry perform his last song and thank iHeart for having him. I felt my stomach turn and the tip of my fingers tingle, I hadn't seen him for two hours but it felt like forever, I felt like a teenager excited for a first date. I chugged some of the whiskey left on a cup in the vanity table and leaned on it waiting for him. I watched him walk out of stage on the TV and then moved my stare to the door, the minutes felt like hours until I saw the handle turn.

A security guard stood there holding the door open, Harry's eyebrows raised as we both checked each other out, and when he realized we weren't alone he turned around and said something to Jeff, who then left us alone. The door closed behind his back and he ran his fingers through his hair walking towards me.

"How did I do?"

"You killed it."

He reached me, his hand placed on my neck and his cold rings made me shiver.

"Wanna go back to the hotel?" He asked but I didn't reply, just pulled him closed and pressed my lips against his.

That's all we needed, our lips to touch for all our tension to be released, like a weight off my shoulders. Harry squeezed my waist and pulled my black dress off my body. I bit my lips in a smile and he watched me as I slid his soft suit off his shoulders. The blouse he wore underneath was thin, I could see his tattoos underneath and I didn't think twice before ripping it off as well.

"I'll take that as a no." We laughed.

"Just kiss me right now."

He pulled me by my legs holding me up, my naked chest against his and our mouths moving together, his tongue brushing against my lips and my I fingers tangled on his hair. I felt the whole room spinning around us but maybe it was just the feeling of my heart beating so fast it was about to leave my chest.

Harry sat down on the couch and his hands searched my back for the clip of my bra and released it.

"Bloody hell. You're amazing, Luna."