16. The Mark

I tried to stand as Jacob sped off with Jayden chasing him.

"He-help...", I whimpered, not being able to stop a loud cry from my lips. My stomach churned. Am- am I going to die? I closed my eyes as pain coursed through my veins. I felt a hand on my cheek, wiping away the tears. I opened my eyes to see him. Austin. I smiled, weakly, and tried to wrap my arms around him. He, softly, picked me up and carried me bridle style.

"I love you, Luna.", he whispered, in my ear. I smiled. A happier smile.

"Wanna know a secret?", I whispered, not being able to get my voice any louder. He nodded softly. I leaned closer to his ear.

"I love you too.", I whispered. "Am I going to die?" My bottom lip began to tremble. Death was coming. It's stalking me, waiting for when I let my guard down to attack. I looked up at him with stormy eyes. He had tears and tears streaming and slithering down his cheeks. He ran his fingers through my hair. Then, furiously, shook his head no.

"You can't die on me... I have to mark you, Luna. It's the only way you will be able to live. Please? Can I have your permission?", he whimpered, looking straight into my eyes. I nodded, quickly. I didn't want to die. I didn't deserve to die. Even if death was just around the corner.

"I don't want to die. Please! Don't let me die.", I whimpered, my sight appearing in with black dots. I saw his teeth glow. Or I think they did?

"This is going to hurt a lot. Please, don't cry. I never want to see you cry. Sadly, I have. It's horrible. I love you, Luna.", is all I heard before I felt a sharp sting in my neck. A cry of pain left my lips before darkness fought me. I let my guard down and it struck at me. It knocked me to the ground and is attacking me.

"Asshole!", I cussed to no one in particular. I heard Jacob scream in agony as blood splashed my face. I opened my eyes, just to see what happened, and saw Jacob passed out in a puddle of blood. I cringed, then remembered the pain. I slowy being to feel the weight of the world go away. My sight blackened and, soon, everything diappeared into the world of nothing-ness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And guys. She couldn't heal. The knife plunged to far and since she doesn't communicate with her wolf, it couldn't help her heal. Anyways, I thought that was a good chapter. RIGHT?? Eh. Bye beautiful rainbow unicorns!!