19. You Changed Me

Luna's POV

I woke up in Jayden's car. My head banged at the sudden movement as I sat up and opened the car door. I held my head as the stench of blood hit my face like a wave. I groaned aloud as I looked for Austin.

I chose him. Chose him to be with me for the rest of my life. 

I found him glaring at a striking man. His hair was a pitch black, green glistening eyes, he had many scars, and was smirking as though he thought Austin was amusing. He looked strangely familiar.

I set my feet on the ground, but all my strength was gone. I instantly fell and land flat on my stomach, causing Austin and the mystery guy's eyes to flash over at me. I groaned in pain as my face contacted with the concrete. Austin was by my side and helping me up in a matter of seconds. The guy chuckled.

"Is this your pathetic excuse of a mate?", he said with an amused expression. I glared at him with hateful eyes. All Austin did was keep helping me up, without saying a word. 

"Don't you dare call me pathetic, you worthless rouge.", I spat, not even knowing where this courage came from. Just something about him made me hate him already. His smirk at Austin was now a glare pointed towards me.

"Listen here, bitch.", he snarled. "I can make your life feel hopeless so, next time you disrespect me, think twice." He was now advancing my way with an evil death glare. If it wasn't for Austin jumping in-between us, the guy would've pounced and killed me already.

"Your mate has guts, but the question is, can she keep them?",the guy said with a mischevious smirk. Austin was now looking at something behind the guy, whatever it was made Austin nearly cry.

"Daddy, when can we go home?", a little boy asked. He had beautiful blue eyes, wispy black hair, he couldn't have been older than 6, and he had a few bruises and was a bit too skinny, but except for that, he was in good shape. He looked like he'd been up for hours as he rubbed his eyes with his tiny fists.

Austin was on his knees now, full crying. "Devin?", he whispered as the boy looked at him.

"We'll be going home soon, son.", the guy smiled, swinging the boy up in his arms.

I, now, noticed how much the boy looked like... Austin. Who was this little boy? And why did I feel a motherly care to him?

"Who're they, Daddy?", the boy, or Devin, asked. The man chuckled, again, and looked at me and Austin, who was still staring at Devin.

"The man is a worthless wolf and the woman is... Luna Herone Jay.", he said with amusement.

"How do you know who I am?", I asked breathlessly.

"I'm Addero.", he whispered. "Remember me, sweetheart?"

It all came back to me. Addero Hanes. The one who ruined my life. He was my last boyfriend. He lived with me in the foster home. I was finally getting adopted, when he lied. He lived in the house with his parents when they decided to adopt. Adopt me, that is. I thought he was nice, at first. But, on the inside, he was a monsterA few months late, he began to abuse me. Verbally and physically. I hated his guts and wanted to leave, but he wouldn't let me. He was obsessed with controlling me. One day, he tried to go to far. When I wouldn't let him, he lied and said I came onto him. Which made me go back into more foster homes.

I snarled at him and advanced towards him. "You asshole! I was taken away from the only home I felt was really home! Because of you! I hate your guts! And the boy I loved died! He was replaced by a monster!", I spat in his face. His face was sad, furious, and filled with regret.