17. Mine!

°Jayden's POV°

I nearly lost it when Austin marked my beautiful mate.

*Flashback*

I dropped Jacobs limp body to the ground. I had just clawed him as harshly as I could. He stole the love of my life! He's lucky he's not dead! Wait... Is he? I crouched down and felt for his pulse. The bastards still breathing. I need to go to the gym, that should've killed him!

I smiled, knowing Luna was back into my possession. I stood up and turned around.

My smile turned into a scowl, in an instant. Austin marked Luna! My, one and only, mate.

I growled louder than ever. His teeth were now out of her skin and he was just rubbing it in my face, licking her new mark.

I charged at him and snatched him away from her. I gasped.

Luna had passed out! I picked her up bridle style and held her close, moving a strand of hair from her face.

Tears were now falling down from my eyes and slithering on my cheeks. I set her down in my truck and turned to Austin. I wiped the tears from my eyes, but that didn't stop them from coming. I wasn't mad at the moment, just sad.

"Why?", I simply asked, my voice in a whisper. I truly loved Luna. I'd die for this blonde haired beauty. Her laugh is infectious. Her smile is mesmerizing. Her voice is angelic. She is my life.

Without her... I can't live.

"Sorry.. I love her too, Jayden. She's my mate too.", Austin murmured. Now, I'm angry.

"Fuck you, Austin. You had a chance at love, but you couldn't even keep her safe. She died, Austin. By her own mate. Do you want someone else to kill Luna? You know I could keep her safe! So, why the fuck won't you let me!? I have time for her! No one ever attacks my pack! The first time they did was because you were there! You are slowly killing Luna, and you know it!", I snarled.

I didn't mean a single word of that! Kaiden, my wolf had taken over. Austin was now furiously shaking. His face was red and his fists were clenched. 'Oh, he's gonna kill me.', I thought.

"You're an asshole! I love her, unlike you! She even admitted she loved me back! So, it was her choice, not mine!", he yelled with such fury. Luna wouldn't admit that.... Would she? I don't know all I know is, I'm done.

*End of flashback*

I marched up to Austin and punched him flat in the jaw. I heard a crack and his jaw broke, most likely. He fell to the parking lot floor, but he was quick to react. He tripped me. I winced as the back of my skull came into contact with the asphalt. I heard the crunch of Austins bones as he shifted. I heard a low growl and rolled left so, Austins claws didn't connect with my face.  My bones cracked and shifted into place. I was tackled to the ground as soon as I shifted. Austin was now snapping his jaw at my snout. I used my hind legs to launch him off of me. I got back up on my feet and struck at him, which he easily dodged.

He suddenly paused and sniffed the air. I was confused. Whats wrong? I sniffed the air.

Rouges. And their close. Too close. Suddenly, a tropical and cinnamon smell waltzed into my nose. What the hell? That's not Luna's smell. Hers is fresh rain and cherries. I ran towards the woods at an unchangeable pace.

I screeched to a stop as I spotted the rouges.... and a beautiful frail girl. She had pink cotton candy dyed hair, with the pinkest and full lips, and her eyes... They were the prettiest green. Her head shot up as she heard me approach. Her eyes widened.

"Mate.", we both breathed in unison.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Oooooh! Twist! Who will Jayden want to be with? Does Austin have another mate, too? We will find out soon!  Bye my beautiful rainbow unicorns!