Memories and a mission

"Percy? You have a mission on 5c. Hadley and Ferros are coming with you. Please leave immediately."

"Copy that. Thanks."

I sighed and shut off the intercom, then leaned back into my chair in my bedroom. The amount of planets that screwed something  up and asked us to fix it was beginning to get on my nerves. Especially since it was two in the morning and I wanted to sleep.

I knew I shouldn't be thinking like that. My new life was a lot better than my past one. But after 500 Chaos years, stopping the universe from collapsing into disorder starts getting boring.

Suddenly I saw a flash of red out of the corner of my eye, and immediately, my nerves screamed danger! As quick as a viper, I swung around and punched the presence behind me.

Ferros yelped, my pillow pet falling out of his hands.

"Ferros." I said, keeping my voice to a low whisper (which I had perfected over the years).

Ferros turned pale (well, pale-ish, he was an alien from planet 5c and subsequently had red skin). He pointed to the door of my bedroom, which was open.

"It was Hadley's idea." He blabbered.

I heard Hadley erupt in laughter from behind the door. As much as I tried to keep my face straight, I knew it was pointless, and the terrified expression of Ferros's face made it harder not to laugh.

Using teleportation (one of my many new powers)I teleported into the hall outside my bedroom. Hadley shrieked and tried to run, but I grabbed her and teleported back into my room. She stood next to Ferros, both looking ashamed and terrified.

"Now..." I began. "You should know better not to try to steal my pillow pet... Do you remember what happened last time?"

Hadley was about to reply, when I heard Chaos mind-message me.

Percy, Stop threatening your friends.

Hi Chaos. I mind-messaged back. They deserved it. They tried to steal my pillow pet. That was not cool.

I could almost hear Chaos rolling his eyes (don't try to picture that).

I'm going to bed. I said. Night.

Day.

... We can't be seen together anymore.

After letting Ferros and Hadley go (with the odd threat)I fell asleep.

I was floating. It felt weird. I started to panic, wondering if this was my eternal punishment. And Ella and Nico came back to my mind, and I wondered if they were here too. And I told myself that it was my fault if they were. I could have been floating for hours, or perhaps it was a few seconds. But I felt something pull me back from the black and grey terrain.

I gasped and sat up. I was aware of a stabbing pain in my chest, but it disappeared in a split second. 

"Hello young ones. My name is Chaos, the creator. I am here to offer you a job."

I don't know what the voice was, but at that moment I didn't really care. I noticed I was lying in a room. The room was white, but it seemed to shimmer with mist, depending on where I looked. And then I noticed...

"Nico! Ella!" I yelled. They both looked at me and grinned.

"Where... exactly, um, are we?" Asked Nico. I shrugged.