The idiotic duel

Zeus pov.

We had the perfect plan to find out who the soldiers are... And in case it failed, we had a back-up plan...

Percy pov.

I picked up my sword and went to the training area inside our cabin. (yeah, we had one of those too.) I was going to do sword fighting, and Hadley had promised to help me with shooting a bow. When I got there, I saw Celwe sitting cross- legged, surrounded by a bubble of faint purple light (we can do that) and levitating several stones and moving them in a circular pattern. She also had fireballs, fragments of ice and balls of water in the air. Next to her, Nira was duelling with Nico, and Ella was working on her plant powers, making poisonous vines burst from the ground and strangle dummies. She made grass grow around my ankles and did her best to annoy me, and she was doing a pretty good job. Once we finished training for the day, I decided to stretch my wings and fly around camp. I walked outside and opened my black wings, but someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was Andrew, and I had to restrain from hacking him into a thousand slimy pieces.

"Hey Cosmos." Andrew spat out. "I bet you're just faking being powerful, I am obviously so much better than you. I want to duel." 

"Would you like to do it now?" I asked, my voice think with annoyance. "Or do you need a few moments to learn how to correctly use a sword?"

Andrew went red. "I know how to hold any weapon."

"You sound remarkably like a young child that wants a lolly in the store." I said. "But fine, we can duel."

We headed to the training centre. The rest of my army heard about the duel, and were cracking jokes and laughing. The campers also heard about it and didn't look so happy, and they sent Andrew pitying looks. I could hear the Stoll brothers saying. 'Any bets'.

"If I win," Said Andrew. "I become commander of your army."

My friends burst out laughing. Andrew flushed in fury.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Y-you." Said Era.. "Your ego is so big we can see it from space!" 

"If I win." I said to Andrew, trying not to laugh. "You leave me and the rest of my army alone. You also tell your minions to leave the campers alone."

"Fine." He spat. "We're working with powers."

Before he could do anything, I controlled the water in his body. I walked calmly up to his and put my sword to his neck.

"I win." I said. Nico whooped, and Celwe burst in giggles.

I felt a presence behind me, and I sung my sword around, knocking off Annabeth's invisibility cap for the second time. She shivered, then looked at me.

"what is that on your neck." She demanded.

Oh schist...

I still wore my camp necklace. Before I could do anything, she ripped it off, and examined it. She went pale.

"This is Percy's necklace." She said. I yanked it out of her hands. Then showed it to the campers. I had added things to my necklace over the years, including a wooden circle with a star carved into it that Nico gave me, a fang, a tiny dolphin charm made of malachite, red jasper, rose quartz and lapis-lazuli that Celwe gave me and a keyring with a dried dawn-flower.  

"This is my necklace, from when I went to camp." I said. "I just so happened to be here when Percy Jackson was. I wasn't noticed much, until I died, and Chaos offered to let me join his army, along with a couple of my friends."

Annabeth's eyes hardened.

"Then you lied to us." She said. "You said you haven't been to Earth for 500 years."

"500 Chaos years." Nico said. Then Hadley walked forward, brandishing her own necklace.

"Here." She said roughly. "My necklace, from when I went to this god-forsaken camp. Back then, I was a friendly, social, cute little daughter of Apollo." Apollo chocked. "But people change." She said. "You wouldn't recognise me. But know that those of us that went to camp hate you all."

She glared at Annabeth, and although Annabeth couldn't see her, she went white. Nico walked up to her and showed her his necklace, which had a few beads on it.

"We hate you the most, Athena spawn. So watch your back, or you're going to get a knife in it." He spat. They walked away, leaving me and the campers.

"Who was your godly parent?" Whispered Thalia.

"That is for me to know." I said. "And you never to find out."

I walked to the cabin, following my friends and leaving behind shell-shocked campers and gods.  

Annabeth's pov.

The gods had declared an emergency meeting. Apollo was still in shock, and was trying to figure out who Sunny really was. I had a suspicion, but it was far-fetched. 

"We know that three or four of them are demigods." Said Piper. "We also know that Sunny is a daughter of Apollo, and that Cosmos, Comet and probably Nebs were at this camp at the same time as Percy. We also know they hold a grudge against us. The question is, who are they."

"It's obvious, isn't it." Said Jason. "Cosmos is Percy, Comet is Nico and Nebs is Ella. It all fits."

Percy... I regretted ever cheating on him. What was I thinking? I hoped Cosmos is my Percy, then we could date again and I could say how sorry I was.

"Then, who are the rest of them?" Asked Reyna.

Apollo spoke in a sad voice.

"I think I know who Sunny is, I caught a glimpse of her necklace." He sighed sadly. "Sunny is my daughter Hadley."

Immediately, I remembered the nine-year-old who was so certain Luke was evil. I had forgotten about her, and I felt a fresh wave of guilt for how I treated her and left her to die...

"Very good, Apollo."

I turned, along with everyone else. Concealed in the shadows in the corner of the room, Sunny stood up.

"You guessed right." She said. "My name is Hadley."

There was a long silence. 

"Hadley." I said. "I am so sorry-"

"Save it." She hissed. "Comet wasn't kidding earlier when he told you to watch your back. If it was up to me, I would have gutted you already and left you to die just like you did to me." She turned to the gods. She left the room, disappearing in a flash.